PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

dirtmomma
09-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Ok I was just wondering if there is anyone that has done any modding to a STOCK Kasea 50/90 pipe???? Looking to get a litttle bit more power out of it but right now can't afford the aftermarket set up!! So thought I'd just throw this out there, I know we drilled out our LEM pipe some & it helped a little :) Thanks in advance!!

qwadfather
09-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Dirtmomma, sorry but there is very little that you can do to that pipe. To bore out the center baffle will get you more noise and the perception of more performance. (Might get just a little more oomph) Actually sounds cool, kinda like a little thumper engine after you do that. I do periodically run across a used performance pipe will watch for a bargain for you if you'd like. You might now consider a filter upgrade and a set of carbon fiber reeds. Those will get you a lot better throttle snap and a small boost in power, possibly all you're looking for right now. Ride safe, Ed.

dirtmomma
09-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the reply :) I figured as much, thats about the same we did w/ our LEM & it just got noisier LOL :)

If you would keep an eye open for a used on that would be great, once I get my suburban sold I want to uby a new Hetrick set up so we'll see, I'll tell my hubby about the reeds & filter, are you meaning on the filter to go straight off the carb?? Just wondering what "upgrade", if you could recommend one that would be great, aren't alot of Kasea peeps out our way, they all run LT80's it seems!!
Thanks agin!!

qwadfather
09-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Tried to PM. Gives me a msg...mailbox full. Get back with me. And yes, about the filter, straight off the stock carb. But, if you're thinking of a bigger carb, don't spend the $. You'll just have to buy another filter for the largr carb. There are ways to convert those LT riders to Skyhawk riders, lol. Just kidding everybody, lol! Ride safe, Ed.

dirtmomma
09-12-2005, 07:40 AM
haha yes it was full, but I cleaned it out so send it on :)

Heck w/ converting them LT riders we just need to make his Kasea FASTER than those ;):) j/k haha he IS only on the 50!! NOPE not thinking of a diff carb, but we did do the air filter like that on our LEM made a nice difference!! Think we may do it to the Kasea for racing thanks :)