PDA

View Full Version : D-6 Racers

fastrider450r
09-09-2005, 06:41 AM
anyone goin to the back mountain race this sunday??
does anyone know what the tracks like?
thanks

jlhughes750
09-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Sandy base with little to no rocks!!

gets whooped out in the woods and fields..

will get real muddy if it rains within 12 hours of the race

we be real dusty if it doesn't rain for a few days before!!!

some of the woods are hard packed, the woods are established trails with lots of tall grass on the sides of the trails, the woods is thin but the underbrush and grass is thick........ the track gets grooved out and alot of people over shoot berms in the woods and get high sided!!!

oh yeah the only 5 or 6 rocks on the track are when u go under the brigdes for the highway.

basically its a highspeed, slighly sandyish, whooped out track!!

have fun, this will be the first year since 93 that i have not run Back mountain

fastrider450r
09-09-2005, 01:38 PM
cool thank you very much:macho

Splatter Matter
09-09-2005, 02:37 PM
OK what he said but i was just there and it will be DUSTY I mean Dusty

fastrider450r
09-09-2005, 02:46 PM
ok thanks...will u be there this sunday? and if so what class?

Splatter Matter
09-09-2005, 05:03 PM
yes i will. im in the open c class.

fastrider450r
09-09-2005, 08:16 PM
see this will be my first race on my 450R and Im not sure what class i shoud be in cause im in the points lead at foot of the mountain in the 300ex/blaster class, plus its also a B class Im not sure if i should start out in B or C. Im thinkin B cause there are a ton of people in C and im not bragging but im pretty fast on the R so i dont know...any advice splatter?

Sjorge450R
09-09-2005, 08:19 PM
its really dusty just like everyone else said. And there is alot of fast riding. 4th gear alot from what i can see spectating. Parents wont let me race the 300ex until we go back to dutchmen the 25 because they want me to start on a track that i know. But i will be there racing in the 90 class on my predator. You cant miss me, im about 6' racing in the youth class. lol

fastrider450r
09-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
its really dusty just like everyone else said. And there is alot of fast riding. 4th gear alot from what i can see spectating. Parents wont let me race the 300ex until we go back to dutchmen the 25 because they want me to start on a track that i know. But i will be there racing in the 90 class on my predator. You cant miss me, im about 6' racing in the youth class. lol
were u the kid at foot that your chain kept popping off and me and a buddy of mine helped u get it back on and i kept burning myself on ur pipe? then u said u were racin u 300ex later in the season?

Splatter Matter
09-10-2005, 07:18 AM
Well if i were you i would go B class. it wont hurt your points any so try it and see how you compare to the other B riders.I know what you mean C class is nuts with all the riders in it.

fastrider450r
09-10-2005, 07:48 AM
ok thanks man...ill probably just see when i get there.

Sjorge450R
09-10-2005, 10:33 AM
yeah that was me..lol i have a scar on my forearm from where i touched my pipe. BTW thats for the help. I ended up with 5th out of like 12..lol

pineway
09-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Can you just get into B class, or do you need a certain amount of points? I was planning on running C but it does suck with all the people.

jlhughes750
09-10-2005, 12:50 PM
the do not have a rule stating u have to earn into a class, they do however have a points max for each class before u are forced to move up... for racers just startin out its just an unwritten rule that if u smoke the feild in C then move up to B next race....if u can smoke the B class consistently a few times at more than 1 track then it would probably be cool to jump to A......Anyone technically can jump right into A class, but thats not always cool with other guys in that class. This district is does not have a AA and A split so were up against Smiley, Borich,Hertz, Wahl etc.etc. every week in the A class, It usually makes everyone including the D6 honchos more comfortable if racers get some seat time and first turn experiance in B class before jumping to A class.

I ran my first full year in 95 and won most of the B class races. I moved up the year after and it still took 2 years of focused racing to get anywhere close to the A guys in the D6...Last year I jumped back in it and ran most of the races and ended up 3rd. in the A class points championship.....

I would recomend enjoying the battles at the B and C class levels for as long as u can, if u start being the guy to beat in that class, ENJOY it, and soak it up!!!

;)

Splatter Matter
09-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
the do not have a rule stating u have to earn into a class, they do however have a points max for each class before u are forced to move up... for racers just startin out its just an unwritten rule that if u smoke the feild in C then move up to B next race....if u can smoke the B class consistently a few times at more than 1 track then it would probably be cool to jump to A......Anyone technically can jump right into A class, but thats not always cool with other guys in that class. This district is does not have a AA and A split so were up against Smiley, Borich,Hertz, Wahl etc.etc. every week in the A class, It usually makes everyone including the D6 honchos more comfortable if racers get some seat time and first turn experiance in B class before jumping to A class.

I ran my first full year in 95 and won most of the B class races. I moved up the year after and it still took 2 years of focused racing to get anywhere close to the A guys in the D6...Last year I jumped back in it and ran most of the races and ended up 3rd. in the A class points championship.....

I would recommend enjoying the battles at the B and C class levels for as long as u can, if u start being the guy to beat in that class, ENJOY it, and soak it up!!!

;)

Wow that was the best advice i ever read. thanks. now i should of went B class. i look but cant find the point total were they move you up to the next class.

pineway
09-10-2005, 06:52 PM
What time is everyone getting up there? Just wondering so i can get an idea of when to get there.

lostcreekz450
09-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Splatter Matter
Well if i were you i would go B class. it wont hurt your points any so try it and see how you compare to the other B riders.I know what you mean C class is nuts with all the riders in it.

last i checked d6 didnt have C class but i only race mx witch doesnt have a c class for some doplic reason

NEPA250R
09-11-2005, 08:52 AM
It is 40 points to be bumped up from C class to B class and 70 points to be bumped up from B class to A class. Also, I believe once you enter the B or A class, you are not allowed to move down a class if you are not happy with your results.

450RGNCC
09-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Wow, I am going to do terribly next sunday at flying dutchmen, my goal right now is to not get pissed of at anyone and to finish the race.

fastrider450r
09-17-2005, 08:24 PM
anyone goin to rausch and then dutchmen??? this rausch race tomorrow will be my second race in open B from the blaster/300 class. Hopefully ill get better than eighth...hopefully.

anyone goin tomorrow to rausch?