PDA

View Full Version : White Bro's exhaust question

blackwell17
09-08-2005, 09:52 PM
ive been lookin around but cant find the answer. WHats the deal with the disc things? More = louder or what? and cant i change out the endcap to make it louder? I have the e-series

416exduner
09-08-2005, 11:16 PM
more discs=quieter...yea you can buy all kinds of things for it, you can buy a different tip, more discs and even a quiet core if you want. just go to www.motosport.com they have everything you'd need for that exhaust.

blackwell17
09-09-2005, 06:45 AM
thanks man...if i change the disc count....do I have to do anything else to the bike? like re jet or anything?

416exduner
09-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Nope, you don't have to rejet it or anything, just put the discs in and you're good to go.

F-16Guy
09-09-2005, 11:57 AM
No, more discs=louder. You are effectively making the opening in the exhaust larger. More disks give you more flow and less backpressure (and a little more noise), which improves high rpm performance. Less disks give more backpressure, which improves torque. You don't want to go over about 16 disks, and you deffinitely dont want to remove the end cap. Four strokes need a certain amount of back pressure to run efficiently. Running a straight pipe will result in less useable power.

wakerider113
09-09-2005, 12:03 PM
you beat me too it F-16 guy. well put. you couldnt have said it any better. the e- series is an awsome pipe. i love it. dont even bother with he WB head pipe. i heard it barely made a dif cuz the stock one is a really nice head pipe to start with.

blackwell17
09-09-2005, 01:13 PM
the 440 I bought has the WB headpipe already on it and id say probably 8 discs on the rear of the "silencer"

09-09-2005, 04:44 PM
more disk=more bottom end+louder
less disks=more top end+quiter

EXracer83
09-09-2005, 08:06 PM
On the e series pipe, whats the point in having the end cap on it if you have the flat disc on with the other discs? Just for looks maybe? I was thinking about getting a E series with the turn down end cap, the one that looks kind of like a 2 stroke end cap and use about 6 or 7 discs w/o the flat one with no hole in it would that be a good combo? Thanks

MAD450r
09-09-2005, 08:47 PM
I've tried it many ways, and for my setup no disk's run's best, but yes its more os floor it type power band now. If you like to lug your motor then leave it like you have it. I found that 9 disk's worked great for stock motor.

F-16Guy
09-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by EXracer83
On the e series pipe, whats the point in having the end cap on it if you have the flat disc on with the other discs? Just for looks maybe? I was thinking about getting a E series with the turn down end cap, the one that looks kind of like a 2 stroke end cap and use about 6 or 7 discs w/o the flat one with no hole in it would that be a good combo? Thanks
Again, you don't want to run it without the end plate. The cap on the end is just for looks; you can get several styles, including the turn-down one. If you make it a straight through exhaust, you totally negate the benefits of the pipe. The White Brothers dyno test showed that 12 disks produced the best power for a basically stock (no internal mods) 400ex. I am running 16 with my mods and it pulls good everywhere; bottom to limiter.

MAD450r
09-10-2005, 09:42 AM
As I stated before with my 416ex and stage 2 hotcam I get the best topend with no end cap, and there is a huge difference. I did have to mess with fuel air screw each time I changed to see any difference. I also run an open airbox and I only have mild porting.

PismoLocal
09-10-2005, 02:37 PM
My i dont have a white brothers pipe but my budy has a WB pro-meg full system he runs 5 discs with the baffle out so you can see straight through the pipe and he said it gave him a noticable power difference expecially in the bottom.

09-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
My i dont have a white brothers pipe but my budy has a WB pro-meg full system he runs 5 discs with the baffle out so you can see straight through the pipe and he said it gave him a noticable power difference expecially in the bottom. U mean he uses 5 discs but doesnt bolt on the end cap? If so, he is a complete moron.

xc_racer1
09-11-2005, 08:42 PM
the more rings takes away power
id get the end cap that dont have any
so its just a straight flow

xc_racer1
09-11-2005, 08:43 PM
the more rings takes away power
id get the end cap that dont have any
so its just a straight flow
plus i think the eseries is a horrible 400 pipe.. i have the hmf s/o and im beatin stock raptors outta the hole so id say it did wonders

PismoLocal
09-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Where in there did i say he ran with the end cap off?