PDA

View Full Version : Me and some friends built a cabin

TheFontMaster
09-08-2005, 08:49 PM
We still need to get some tin for the roof, and more suport stuff for the roof. But we have been working on it for about 2 weeks, it's about 12x12. The first story is compleatley enclosed, and the second story is going to be like a lean-too, where the roof is high on one side and slant back to about 3 feet tall, and there will just be a railing around the second story. There is a hill right on the other side of the cabin, so we are going to put a deck about 8 feet out so u lean over one side and you will be looking straight down about 20-30 feet. All of this was built from scrap lumber and trees we cut down. It is awsome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/fonty/Picture265.jpg

the pic doesn't show how tall it is, and I only got one, but I'll have more once it's done, and probably some stories shortly after it's done.:D

Ralph
09-08-2005, 08:51 PM
no girls allowed!:D

TheFontMaster
09-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
no girls allowed!:D

where is the fun in that.:p

Mxjunkie
09-08-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm building one now thats all there is to it lol

Butters
09-08-2005, 09:14 PM
thats cool looking. good job.

honduh440
09-08-2005, 09:16 PM
thats pretty freakin cool

toby400ex
09-08-2005, 09:17 PM
THats crazy, u got any coon skin hats or squirrel tails?

zephead400ex
09-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Huh, that's pretty cool man. Do you have enough land to hunt from that thing?

TheFontMaster
09-09-2005, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Huh, that's pretty cool man. Do you have enough land to hunt from that thing?

There's enough land where we could probably do that, but that wasn't our intention for building it;)

MR.BIG
09-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Is this going to be your doobie hut? Nice job!

400exrider707
09-09-2005, 09:22 AM
No chicks allowed.......................hmmm I know whats going on out there you sickos............:blah:

Tommy 17
09-09-2005, 09:40 AM
ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!:devil: hahaha

F-16Guy
09-09-2005, 12:16 PM
You sher do got a purdy mouth...

LMAO!!!:eek: :eek: :devil:

TheFontMaster
09-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
No chicks allowed.......................hmmm I know whats going on out there you sickos............:blah:

I would just like to remind ya'll that, that was Ralph's wishfull thinking, not mine.

JDiablo
09-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
Is this going to be your doobie hut? Nice job!

lol i think soo,imma have to go hit that up im about 6 hrs away,lol

MR.BIG
09-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
You sher do got a purdy mouth...

LMAO!!!:eek: :eek: :devil:

Now thats funny. Ok lets hook up the hoses to the hooka!

lonestar13r
09-09-2005, 03:09 PM
that thing is awsome fontmaster ! looks like a good place to sneak off with the old lady :blah: :devil: -Ethan

Honda400exrox
09-09-2005, 03:19 PM
kool we have a snowmobile cabin in our bush behind our house we go to alot it has couches and chairs, also a wood stove, good place to have fun lol nice cabin fontmaster

steveatv3
09-09-2005, 03:30 PM
awsome little cabin, i built a little cabin like that in the woods on my friends property i think it was a little bigger though. It was a great place to drink beer and bring some ladys around a fire ;)

fastrider450r
09-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by steveatv3
awsome little cabin, i built a little cabin like that in the woods on my friends property i think it was a little bigger though. It was a great place to drink beer and bring some ladys around a fire ;)
thats the best part...oh yeah

SRH
09-09-2005, 03:50 PM
every kid needs a stabbin cabin

Chino
09-09-2005, 04:24 PM
well, at least you can say they didnt' catch you wackin in the tool shed.

:devil:

TheFontMaster
09-09-2005, 06:40 PM

Finaly someone is getting the idea:devil:

09-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Chino
well, at least you can say they didnt' catch you wackin in the tool shed.

:devil:

LMFAO!!!!!:devil:

steveatv3
09-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Finaly someone is getting the idea:devil:

That my friend is country living at its finest! Sit there on a rock that u made as a chair stare at the fire and stars with a beverage in one hand and your girl in the other. and then the next day go out and tare it up on the quad a little bit

those are the days you can sit down and take a deep breath and say life is great and all this bull crap is worth going through and you feel so happy and appreciate that your alive

09-09-2005, 07:49 PM
That my friend is country living at its finest! Sit there on a rock that u made as a chair stare at the fire and stars with a beverage in one hand and your girl in the other. and then the next day go out and tare it up on the quad a little bit

those are the days you can sit down and take a deep breath and say life is great and all this bull crap is worth going through and you feel so happy and appreciate that your alive

So true, there`s no better feeling than that, if only life was like that everyday:(

TheFontMaster
09-09-2005, 08:02 PM

Thats why I love the country. I would go crazy living in a city.

Smokin 440
09-09-2005, 11:22 PM
My Shack isn't as rustic but, its got size, and it cost me nothing. A couple years ago i got a small hip roofed building(maybe 12x14) from an uncle, it was nice but i decided it wasn't enough, so i managed to acquire a retired Little Debbie delivery truck for free.. So some work with the gas saw later and some torching and the front end was off (i got a nice little 4cyl cummins td) so i moved it to our woods and mated both "buildings" Its about 32' long all together with a 7.5' back door and a sliding side door. The hip roofed part is my "VIP lounge" and the other part retains the Little Debbie decals with some editing from "Little Debbie has a snack for you" snack being changed to shack. I also acquired a small camper for up there. All my friends love it and it's a good hangout... LMAO i'll get pics sometime...

JDiablo
09-10-2005, 11:22 AM
^^^ that sounds awesome i would need to see pix,lol

Iliketogofast
09-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Jesus christ dude! You just went and built that? You should build a garage for your quad, and then live in it. Get you some Ext. cables and a hose from the house and hook you up a microwave and a fridge and you're made =D

YamaWarr0121
09-10-2005, 06:21 PM
me n my friends built one very similar to that!! then it became invested wtih animals :confused:

then a few years later, after a few bad ideas, we decided to run it over with my buddie's dads bronco, pretty fun though:grr:

TheFontMaster
09-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Jesus christ dude! You just went and built that? You should build a garage for your quad, and then live in it. Get you some Ext. cables and a hose from the house and hook you up a microwave and a fridge and you're made =D

We won't be able to get power to it. The cabin is built in one of the sand pits up here. It's about 1/4 of a mile in from the road.

TheRidinLife01
09-10-2005, 08:19 PM
somehwere along the line i found a school bus for 600 bucks that ran....so i cleared a path through the woods and drove the damn thing in there, took it off the tires and painted the inside, and water proofed it nice little heng out