PDA

View Full Version : Let the project begin!!!

aroracer72
09-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Alright,
My motor went...no biggie...it jsut jump started my winter rebuild sooner then planned!!!!......

Planned for this winter is full make over.

-fresh motor(everything!!!!)
-PC/guesset frame, swinger, hubs, and soem other little stuff.
-new plastic, graphics, and quadtech seat cover
-Fat bars
-POWERMADD handguards
-new RazR mx's all around
-Twin Air dirtbike cage adapter kit
-Edlebrock 40mm carb
-stainless steel bolt kit
-hoodscoop
-bumper, nerfs, grab bar
-Aluminum heel guards
-rear shock, or conversion of stock
-new sprockets, and chain
-dirtbike perch, remove all lighting/ETC
-rebuilt valve train, with some mods :)

other stuff probably....i jsut cant think of it all right now.

So far i got the stainless steel bolt kit, and Edlebrock carb(40mm)
Cant wait to get her all and done!!!
CHAD

aroracer72
09-08-2005, 08:30 PM
ohh yeah..and maybe some red hiper rings...not shrue...want to see it togetehr to determine if i desire red rings. And im going with a red swinger/arms, white frame, white plastic, and red graphics. With white and black handguards :)
CHAD

Mxracer53
09-08-2005, 10:13 PM
if it was me for motor id go web cam,trail tech lighented flywheel,je piston,and vortex ignition.

Shawn H
09-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Just curious but is your stainless steel bolt kit contain all the bolts? Like rear link,Shocks and arms,and motor?

Did you buy this kit off of ebay?

If you answer yes to any of these Questions DO NOT USE THEM for the above mentioned parts. I did this last winter and I bent and broke 3 of the bolts for the rear linkage and had to replace them all back to stock.

They look cool but are not nearly as strong as stockers and if they say they there full of CHIT>

Have fun with your rebuild:cool:

aroracer72
09-09-2005, 04:17 AM
Im not shure yet if it came with the linkage and shock bolts....and even if it did....i was only gonna use the motor bolts.

As for engine, i already have a weisco high compression(less then 4 hours on it) which is staying, and im gettting all other weisco products(rod, etc). Af for cam i already have a hotcams stage II cam, and my yoshimura pipe, which the combo soo far i liked until my crank went........

Only new motor mods im gettin is the rebuilt valve train(maybe 1mm bigger intake)......and porting.
CHAD

fastrider450r
09-09-2005, 06:36 AM
keep us posted with all your progress!!:macho

ex kid
09-09-2005, 10:01 AM
i would steer clear of the twin air cage setup, i have hear bad bad things about it!

aroracer72
09-09-2005, 12:25 PM
thats good to know!!!!.....i was thinking of an alternate route then the twin air...cause i desire a cage type filter design. And ive heard NOTHING about the twin air set up...so my senses were starting to get bad thoughts like they do.....and now i know why...cause youve heard or have had bad experience with the set up????........

I was thinking of getting a dirtbike airbox, and filter, cage...etc.....and then cutting the the panel of the airbox off with the filter cage mount and etc...and mounting it onto my airbox with a custom sealing...with some gaskets, and gasket sealer. This would give me a reliable airbox design..with the always convenient and secure dirtbike cage design. I HATE...i repeat...HAATTEE our stock filter mounting set up.......mines ruined......so i have to do soemthing...so im gonna do some experimenting.

This weekend i ahve planned to finish stripping the frame down to nothing..and clean it up....order the frame guesset kit.....and clean all the parts off the quad like the engine, a-arms..everything. Re-grease the linkage and bearing everything.....and checkl for any damages to anything.
along with all of this im going to a dirtbike practice AND pulling my cannondale motor...phewww im busy!!!!
CHAD

ex kid
09-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by aroracer72
thats good to know!!!!.....i was thinking of an alternate route then the twin air...cause i desire a cage type filter design. And ive heard NOTHING about the twin air set up...so my senses were starting to get bad thoughts like they do.....and now i know why...cause youve heard or have had bad experience with the set up????........

I was thinking of getting a dirtbike airbox, and filter, cage...etc.....and then cutting the the panel of the airbox off with the filter cage mount and etc...and mounting it onto my airbox with a custom sealing...with some gaskets, and gasket sealer. This would give me a reliable airbox design..with the always convenient and secure dirtbike cage design. I HATE...i repeat...HAATTEE our stock filter mounting set up.......mines ruined......so i have to do soemthing...so im gonna do some experimenting.

This weekend i ahve planned to finish stripping the frame down to nothing..and clean it up....order the frame guesset kit.....and clean all the parts off the quad like the engine, a-arms..everything. Re-grease the linkage and bearing everything.....and checkl for any damages to anything.
along with all of this im going to a dirtbike practice AND pulling my cannondale motor...phewww im busy!!!!
CHAD

a local pro had the cage setup fall apart at a district race causing some engine problems. i know he finished but the quad was overheating and acting up.

jeepnrocks
09-09-2005, 06:47 PM
wow, i hate to see them when they look like that but I'll bet it will be great when its done!!

aroracer72
09-09-2005, 07:35 PM
i was farting around with photoshop.....and this is my worst pic ive altered to date...lol....but it kinda gives an idea of what i was thinking color scheme wise. Just something to ponder...i may go with black rings and red hubs...not shure....
CHAD

aroracer72
09-09-2005, 07:39 PM
ohh wrong one....thats the first one i did.....i have another with mroe coloring.,.......MY GOSH i did a horribl job on this next one...mainly the seat cover and rings.....lol...but again..jsut for pondering.....
CHAD

aroracer72
09-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Alright....got my edlebrock carb yesterday, i cant wait to install it and ride my baby again!!!!
CHAD

aroracer72
09-14-2005, 01:18 PM
another :) 40mm beauty

450robot
09-14-2005, 01:21 PM
mmmm, your quad is carb loading

that thing is pretty

R3Concepts
09-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Run a 400ex K&N and forget about the cage..Steel insert fits right into the intake tube and never comes out..We run these on all the ones we've done.

Doak450r
09-14-2005, 01:47 PM
i run the 400 k&n on mine as well. i had the tab brake off the end of my 450 filter. filter fell off and the tab went into the motor seizing the motor up.

aroracer72
09-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Yeah my friend has a 400ex KandN he said hed give me..and i set it in my intake and it fit right in.....but metal and plastic doesnt make the greatest seal...........and then id assume your use the stock clamp and jsut clamp it???
CHAD

Doak450r
09-14-2005, 03:01 PM
actually i used a bigger radiator hose clamp its called a torx clamp it has a sprint putting pressure against the bolt you tighten the clamp up with so it doesnt loosen up