PDA

View Full Version : 300ex exhaust

emaxxjeremy
09-08-2005, 08:04 PM
i did search, but results were pretty broad.
i am looking for a full system reccomendation. i have an 05 300ex, with K&n/outerwear, jet kit, stock motor. i am looking for a full exhaust because i heard the stocker is way small header wise, so no slip ons. possibly a slip on with a new header?
i dont want a anything crazy loud. more than stock is fine, but not window shattering, something in between

400exrider707
09-08-2005, 08:50 PM
pretty much anything with a quiet core will do. Most aftermarket pipes will give you a good power boost, just pick which one you think looks good and fits in your price range.

bwamos
09-09-2005, 08:44 AM
Sparks X-4 is my favorite.. but very very loud.

Your best bet IMHO.. will be either..

White Brothers E-series w/ WB Header.
or
HMF slip-on w/ WB header, or FMF PowerBomb Header.

Those will be your best value.

WB route would be the best for you probably. Easier to get them to run quieter then the HMF.

emaxxjeremy
09-09-2005, 02:29 PM
i like the white brothres, but man they get pricey, eh
is the dg stuff any good? seems to be a lot of them for sale used. is that because they suck? lol
i would like to find a used one somewhere if i can. hate to pay almost $500 for an exhaust :eek2:

RRP
09-09-2005, 02:34 PM
I am running FMF powercore 4.which comes with header pipe.Loud but annoying loud.They do make a quiet core for it also.The system costs about the same as most slip-on mufflers.

Sjorge450R
09-09-2005, 07:55 PM
I just put a Supertrap IDS-2 Full system on my 2001 300ex along with a jet kit and let me tell you, it really woke the bike up. I got the race core, (not really that loud.) but they also make a quiet core which is only supposed to affect performence a little. Looks nice too. Black oversized head pipe reversed mega phone, and it has the disc to tune for noise or power.
Steve

Sjorge450R
09-09-2005, 07:58 PM
oh i got mine at for 319 WorldWide Performance (http://www.worldwideperformance1.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WWP&Product_Code=ST-IDS2&Category_Code=SUPERTRAPP-EXHAUST)