PDA

View Full Version : Broken wrist:( .

Mxracer53
09-08-2005, 07:55 PM
I broke my wrist a 2 weeks ago on sunday. it sucks!i was leading 2 series too:grr: .well the ony thing i am excited about is getting my hard cast because its gunna be pink:devil: !bc real men where pink(bubba)

exboy
09-08-2005, 08:30 PM
thats ironic a guy with a broke wrist wearin pink:D . just kiddin i wear pink sometimes to.

FasstMidnightZ
09-08-2005, 08:32 PM
pink...:ermm:

exboy
09-08-2005, 08:37 PM
yeah i wear it every now and then. i dont like over do it but the girls like it.

Mxjunkie
09-08-2005, 08:40 PM
You can ride with broken wrists and a cast, I did it :devil:

(see the black cast on my throttle hand lmao)

Mxracer53
09-08-2005, 08:50 PM
i know you can ride with a hard cast but the cast i have on now goes all the *uck up my elbow.

Mxjunkie
09-08-2005, 08:51 PM
ah hell you got a quad you'll be fine lol it'll feel award though :p

09-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Being in a cast wasnt fun, but i have a pretty cool scar from the surgery, lol. My cast was bright pink too- the girls loved it:macho

Mxracer53
09-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Being in a cast wasnt fun, but i have a pretty cool scar from the surgery, lol. My cast was bright pink too- the girls loved it
exactly:devil:

exboy
09-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
You can ride with broken wrists and a cast, I did it :devil:

(see the black cast on my throttle hand lmao)

same here ive rode with a cast on my hand twice still did wheelies and jumps (small ones) adn everthing.

WKY400EX
09-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Mxracer53
i know you can ride with a hard cast but the cast i have on now goes all the *uck up my elbow. I had a cast of my left arm a few years back. It went up over my elbow, but I still rode. Probably wasn't the brightest idea though. You should have seen the dirt under that thing when they doctor took it off.:p

Mxjunkie
09-09-2005, 11:01 AM
When the doctor took mine apart he found a surplus of paper towels lol, about 3 weeks after I had it I took all the padding out of it it stunk SO BAD, I just kept replacing the paper towels :p

WKY400EX
09-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
When the doctor took mine apart he found a surplus of paper towels lol, about 3 weeks after I had it I took all the padding out of it it stunk SO BAD, I just kept replacing the paper towels :p I always poured baby powder down in between my arm and the cast. It helped the smell and helped keep it dry down in there.:D

Mxracer53, what bone did you break in your wrist? BTW, tell the girls that you got a pink cast for them.:p

Mxracer53
09-09-2005, 10:26 PM
i broke the one mainly connected to the thumb. the doctor is like move your fingers so i did all but my thumb and theyre like does it hurt here and they like yanked on my thumb:mad: . the pink is 90% for the girls, 10% because its pink:D

WKY400EX
09-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Mxracer53
i broke the one mainly connected to the thumb. the doctor is like move your fingers so i did all but my thumb and theyre like does it hurt here and they like yanked on my thumb:mad: . the pink is 90% for the girls, 10% because its pink:D I think you may have broken the same bone I did. I can't remember whether it was the scaphoid bone, or the trapezium bone in my left wrist. Had to wear a cast for 6-8 weeks.:ermm:

Mxracer53
09-10-2005, 12:12 AM
yeh it was my left wrist. wear soft cast 3 weeks, remove pins ,hard cast 3 weeks.

WKY400EX
09-10-2005, 12:31 AM
I didn't need any surgery, so I guess I was fortunate. My hard cast held my thumb at a 90 degree angle compared to my other fingers. The doctor said there had to be pressure on the bone at all times, or it wouldn't heal correctly. Good luck with the sugery. Your left arm will probably be very weak after you get your cast off. The best therapy to get the strength back in your arm....is to ride!;)

Mxracer53
09-10-2005, 12:38 AM
yeh thanks, a week from monday i geet pins removed i hope all goes well and i can ride in 3 weeks after that.

Cody_300ex
09-10-2005, 10:36 AM
I've broke both my wrists, both was in my growth plate. Its hard to ride with a cast over your elbow, but a short cast bearly effected me when riding.

Smoker
09-14-2005, 07:37 AM
O.K., I'll sound like the old guy here, let it heal. I know people that have limited mobility in their arm from riding with a broken wrist/arm because they didn't let it heal right. Do what you want, but it sucks having body parts that sound like an ice machine in the morning because all the tendons and muscles snap and pop until they warm up a little, not to mention how it feels. Just take a few weeks to let it heal right, like I said, old guy talking.

alberndt
09-14-2005, 08:13 PM
My summer was kinda ruined because I broke my wrist in June and was off work for over a month and it still hurts when I go jumping but damn its fun. Just broke another swingarm, maybe it's a sign from god that I should take a little break from riding. Wearing a cast sucks. Not being able to ride sucks even worse.

Smoker
09-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Kind of my point, not trying to sound like a downer but your better off sometimes giving it those couple extra weeks instead of reinflicting an injury over and over again. It is a kick in the pants points wise, but if you rest it then build it up, you'll be better off. alberndt, if you haven't done so, investing and setting up your suspension will ensure you can keep jumping, just an idea. I snap my arm a few years ago and spent three days in the hospital, it still bugs on cold, wet days but it doesn't bother me when I ride because I got it built back up. My $.02

Chino
09-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Smoker
O.K., I'll sound like the old guy here, let it heal. I know people that have limited mobility in their arm from riding with a broken wrist/arm because they didn't let it heal right. Do what you want, but it sucks having body parts that sound like an ice machine in the morning because all the tendons and muscles snap and pop until they warm up a little, not to mention how it feels. Just take a few weeks to let it heal right, like I said, old guy talking.

i have to agree, i broke my wrist in february both bones snapped, i was in a cast for 6 weeks, after those 6 weeks i could barley bend my wrist, i went to therapy for 2 months, i'm still limited to my up motion in my wrist but down is fine, it' still hurts to this day if i hit it or jam it, it will never be normal again, im holding off till next year to try and race again.. even though i can ride i dont want to chance it in a race situtation yet..... and when your just sitting around and you hear that nice popping and cracking in your wrist it really makes ya wonder if it will ever be normal again.

LT250Racer609
09-14-2005, 10:10 PM
i broke my wrist a week ago from monday due to over jumping a 90 foot double in a MX went....completly flat landed...they estimated me landing at 120 feet.....snapped my wrsit as soon as i landed...nothing wrong with the quad either...my wrsit looked like a S and tomarrow i go in for surgery to get pins and all that fun stuff....yup my season is done for the year....its the right wrist too which sucks even more

Billyu40
09-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Wow I didnt realize how common this was. I broke my wrist 6 weeks ago. Im finally out of the hard cast and in a soft one. Im supposed to start rehab soon but this still hurts bad.

enduro400rider
09-17-2005, 07:07 PM
i broke both of mine the first time i broke my right wrist i didnt ride mainly cuz my old quad was a pull start. the about 8 months later i broke the left one, and my dad bought me my 400ex two weeks after it happened. i rode the 400 everyday with that cast on, i ended up wreaking once not bad but it was real muddy and all the mudd went up the cast so i had to get a new one put on, the doc wasnt happy when i told him what happened he said not to do it again so i just put a plastics bag over it when i rode, the cast didnt give me any trouble untill i got it off, i dont know why but it hurt to pull the clutch with out the cast on after it strenthened back up it was all good. the casts never bother me much since i ve had so many it just sucks to shower with one on