PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Help

EXMARK
09-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Hello everyone, Iam new to the site and to quads. I purchased a 2002 400ex from a guy that was moving out west, the bike has a 440 kit a powerbomb header pipe and a white bros exhust. I have ridden the bike several times and it ran like a dream. It sat for about 2weeks before I got the chance to ride it again and I could not get it started. I cked the plug and it had gas all over it so I got a new one and the bike started after several tries. Unfortunatley this has happend time and time again now and I,m wondering if anyone can help me out on what the problem may be. Any help form your vetren atv'ers would be greatly appreciated, I bought my son a new LT80 and santa is going to bring it to him. I would like to learn more about my bike so i don't have any problems when the time comes to ride with the boy.
Thanks again for any help you could give.
Duke

blackwell17
09-08-2005, 03:23 PM
i just bought a 440ex also...check your battery...the guy before me replaced the one on my quad and it starts up like a dream

EXMARK
09-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks, I got a new battery after I ran the other one down while trying to start the bike. so the battery is new.

Chino
09-08-2005, 03:46 PM
throw a 42 pilot jet in it, should make starting alot easier. make sure when it's warm out like it is now your not using the choke. hit the starter a time or two, pump the throttle a few times and hit it again it should fire right up, it may not idle until you have it running for a minute or two... sounds to me like your flooding it out when your trying to start it.

EXMARK
09-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks Chino, I will ck into getting one. I really appreciate the help.