PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with the 300EX

factory909
06-09-2002, 11:03 PM
i just traded my super modded screamin banshee for a 300ex, people may think im crazy but thats besides the point, the point is, the front engine mount leaks oil (hes buy me the whole left side of the engine), the engine is bored .20 over, has a race cam, is ported and polished, k&n filter, WB pipe and i run 92 octane gas with klotz nitro mixed in, he said it is fast, but today i was ridin, i was just keepin up with a timberwolf and the wolverine was blowin me away, he raced mx with and it said to have beat 400exs. but i odnt see this happening, any thoughts y it might be slow and how i can fix it????

TRX_Thumper
06-10-2002, 12:52 PM
You need to give a picture or a better description of the oil leak...I would check the jetting for power...or it might just be you arent use to ridin a 4 stroke...short shift dont rev it out.

2000SPORT
06-10-2002, 07:08 PM
Something ain't right. Check your gearing. I can blow the doors off my dads timberwolf. The stock front sproket is a 15 tooth. Most change to a 14 tooth for more top end. I'm not sure on the rear though. At stock you should top out around the 55-60mph. It could be possible, if it were raced on short tracks, the gearing may have been changed to a higher ratio (lower gearing).

ATV_MAN
06-10-2002, 07:14 PM
The stock front gear on a 300ex is a 13 tooth actually

Rastus
06-10-2002, 09:10 PM
What size tires does it have?18's?
How big are the tires on the other quads?
He could have the stock gearing plus 18 inch tires, and that makes a 300 REALLY slow. Ive tried that on my freinds 300 with 18 inch turf tamers, and it SUCKS. It tops out at like 35-40.
Course, the acceleration is better, and you go throught the gears alot faster..

factory909
06-10-2002, 09:28 PM
well i do have 8 inch holeshot mx's on beadlocks, and the gearing i think is set up for mx, im afraid if i gear it for some more speed i will lose what power i do have, other than staright stretches, its great, i blew away a 400ex today in the woods, fast trail ridin is where its great i guess, i talked to the guys and i cant get my banshee back :grr he sold it the day we traded, he took it to the track, raced his 440 and sold it. so no trade backs, so hes buyin me a brand new left side of the crank case and all new gaskets for everywhere, ill post some pics after i get it back together when he does the work

factory909
06-12-2002, 10:19 AM
i talked to the guy again yesterday, and instead of buyin me the new left side of the case to stop the oil leak, he found me a whole bottom end, its used but in great condition and NO OIL LEAKS!!! and when i traded he gave me an extra set of clutches, so were stickin them in while were at it. so ill be back on the road in no time.... ill post some pics when im done, were doin the work this monday so after that i will get to them.and also, what is the best RACING pipe that gives lots of top end, i have a WB e series now, and i dont like it, let me know!

250xman
06-12-2002, 11:17 AM
not sure about the pipe but if you sell the W-B i want 1st shot at it.