PDA

View Full Version : what would happen

waddle
09-08-2005, 01:47 PM
what would happen if you blocked off the power valve to a power valve cylinder? how would it run??????

honda350r
09-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by waddle
what would happen if you blocked off the power valve to a power valve cylinder? how would it run??????

It would run like a non power valve cylinder !!

250R-Dee
09-09-2005, 03:44 AM
Did you really need to create another thread about your problem?

If you have a radical port job the performance will be like an on/off switch. You will have no power until the motor hits the "power band" and then it will feel like somebody just hit the ignition switch for the rocket boosters.

The hole for the PV will have to be plugged in order for this to work. Your options are:

1) Get the cylinder repaired and have nothing to ride while waiting.

2). Buy a replacement non-PV clylinder and ride it while the PV cylinder is being repaired.

3). Buy a new PV cylinder and sell the broken one.

4). Replace the PV cylinder with a non-PV cylinder and sell the PV cylinder.

5). Plug the PV hole and ride without a PV.

punker69q
09-10-2005, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by TRX250RJapan
Did you really need to create another thread about your problem?

If you have a radical port job the performance will be like an on/off switch. You will have no power until the motor hits the "power band" and then it will feel like somebody just hit the ignition switch for the rocket boosters.

The hole for the PV will have to be plugged in order for this to work. Your options are:

1) Get the cylinder repaired and have nothing to ride while waiting.

2). Buy a replacement non-PV clylinder and ride it while the PV cylinder is being repaired.

3). Buy a new PV cylinder and sell the broken one.

4). Replace the PV cylinder with a non-PV cylinder and sell the PV cylinder.

5). Plug the PV hole and ride without a PV.

If I was you, I would use option #3 or #4 and sell the broken cylinder to me... :blah:

But if you want to get it repaired, bring it to a ski-doo (bombardier) dealer, because I believe that your cylinder use rotax powervalve and they should be able to repair it.