PDA

View Full Version : Elka shocks ride height

NacsRacing400
06-09-2002, 10:13 PM
I just got my elka quad rate shocks and am wondering how to lower my ride height. Or is it even possible. Also can i adjust the ride height on my mac daddy rear? Thanks

NacsRacing400
06-10-2002, 08:44 PM
Bump, comeon guys. Somebody must know how.

Nausty
06-10-2002, 09:45 PM
I know if you willing to look for it they have the dirrection scanned on c&d racing's site but I think is what you have to do is flip the 1st and 2nd spring spacer around so that the first spring(small ssd spring) travels farther before it hits the spacer.

SGA
06-11-2002, 05:58 AM
The ride height is adjusted using the preload adjustment nut on top of the spring. Thats what it says at the web sites of the major quad shock makers. I had to raise my rear up some. It took about 5 turns. Yes, you can lower the ride height by changing spacers, but it will make the ride softer and change the cornering. Always start with the preload nut first.

06-22-2002, 08:40 AM
but if you adjust ride height with the pre-load ring it will mess up the racing sag

harebounder
06-22-2002, 11:48 AM
By changing the spacers it will effect your spring transfer. If you were to take a spacer out it would take more compression of that spring to then transfer to the next spring thus changing the characteristics of your ride. I would adjust your top locking ring first before i would take out any cross over rings.

cdalejef
06-22-2002, 01:46 PM
Use the preload ring to set your ride height, don't flip your crossover spacers. Did you get a manual with your Elka's, if not let me know and I'll send you one!

MEL
06-22-2002, 03:47 PM
jeff any ideas on how to fine tune our shocks. like, if the back is kicking should we put more rebound in or less. or what types of bumps to adjust the comp. or rebound. maybe you could post it in faq.

cdalejef
06-22-2002, 10:02 PM
Well if the rear end is kicking after you hit the bump or the face of a jump then you need to slow down the rebound (harden). Its really hard to sit down and type out what you should adjust for different types of bumps. There is a great write up on Custom Axis site that explains some of these adjustments and how they affect the ride. http://www.customaxisshocks.com/technical%20manual.htm