PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Grizzly

MR.BIG
09-08-2005, 10:00 AM
I am wondering what you guys think a 2003 grizzly 660 is worth.
Immaculate condition with 350miles on it with a two place trailer.
He wants $4000! Is this a good deal?

CBF2
09-08-2005, 12:00 PM
I say so if nothing wrong with it.

chevy71
09-08-2005, 12:15 PM
I would say it a good deal. Just check to make sure the 4wd works and check for holes in the shaft boots. Listen to the motor for any internal noises which could indicate a problem. Make sure guages work.

I would assume that with only 350 miles it should be in very good shape.

Ask the seller what type of riding he did. Wouldn't want a Grizz where all 350 miles were in a 5 foot deep mud pit...

Just stuff like that to be aware of...

James

MR.BIG
09-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the advice guys.The guy who is selling is handi-capped because he had a heart transplant so he used it to go hunting and ride around his community. It is immaculate condition but I have a 450r so I don't know alot about the 4WD but I would like to use it to take my son trailriding and not have to go 50mph.

1badforeman
09-09-2005, 04:17 PM
i would't but a 660 i have a buddy with one and i have a foreman 400 and i can go through more stuff then he can they drowned out easy and when the belt gets wet you're screwed until it gets dry thats why i like honda they don't have a belt.He dude email me and tell me how you like ur 450r

CBF2
09-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Your kind of high on your Foreman's, every post you have made mentions how great it is.

Yamaha CVTs are usually considered the best in the biz.

The Grizz is a great quad that can do cushy trail riding, more spirited trail running and crawl up almost anything. It has as much power as a utility can use, really good suspension with only one flaw (in my mind...read on), and unmatched ground clearance over anything out there. The seat is like a lazyboy too.

The only downs to the grizz are it is kind of top heavy and gets uncomfortable in off camber stuff, the flaw in the suspension is the first two inches or so are almost too soft and give alot of body roll, after that it is great. It is not the easiest quad to steer, and the front floor boards catch trees which cracks the fenders.

BTW I do not own a Grizz but have ridden one at length several times.