PDA

View Full Version : here it is

Jersey450R
09-08-2005, 12:13 AM
here it is. :o

All-new engine is closely related to the CRF(R)450R and CRF450X.
Electric starter available for easy starting in all conditions.
Maximum engine rpm is 9850.
New 40mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor for improved engine response.
Forged slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
Compression ratio increased from 10.5:1 to 12.0:1.
New transmission ratios designed for racing applications and trail use.
Longer swingarm and new linkage ratio for improved turning.
New A-arms, knuckles and spindles for improved turning.
Stronger hubs provide improved rigidity.
8mm lower riding position for lower center-of-gravity, improved handling and rider feel.
Front suspension is lighter and features a new spring for improved bump absorption.
Rear suspension is lighter for improved handling and travel has been increased from 9.0 inches to 9.3 inches.
New airbox for improved airflow and increased power.
Air filter is 1.4 times larger than previous unit for improved airflow and power.
New exhaust system and free-flowing muffler increase performance while maintaining low noise levels.
New cylinder head porting features improved flow for maximum performance.
Lighter radiator features revised fin pitch for increased airflow.
New headlight shape for race-derived look.

Jersey450R
09-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Model: TRX450R
Engine Type: 450cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 96mm x 62mm
Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
Valve Train: Unicam; four-valve
Carburetion: Keihin 40mm flat-slide with throttle position sensor (TPS)
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Starter: Electric or forward kick
Transmission: Five-speed
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Suspension Front: Independent double-wishbone with Showa shocks, featuring adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping; 8.4 inches travel
. Rear: Pro-Link with single Showa shock featuring adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping; 9.3 inches of travel
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic 174mm discs with twin-piston calipers
Rear: Single hydraulic 190mm disc with single-piston caliper

Tires Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby radial
Rear: 20 x 10-9 knobby radial

Length: 73.3 inches
Width: 46.3 inches
Height: 43.3 inches
Seat Height: 32.8 inches
Ground Clearance: 4.4 inches
Wheelbase: 50.2 inches
Dry Weight: 363 pounds (Electric Start) / 357 pounds (Kick Start)
Fuel Capacity: 3.1 gallons
Colors Red, Black

Consult owner's manual for optional HRC Racing Kit parts.
For highly experienced riders 16 years of age and older.

Jersey450R
09-08-2005, 12:19 AM
the ride height was lowered 8mm, lol!

quad9
09-08-2005, 04:17 AM

quad9
09-08-2005, 04:20 AM

spincr4hire
09-08-2005, 05:26 AM
I hate the new headlight, but it won't be on there long anyway

cracer250
09-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Man, I just can't see any reason for people with modded 04/05's to switch. It looks exactly the same besides the lights, and if you have aftermarket shocks, cam and other little things on your 04/05, it's only worth the e-start if that's your thing. Most other changes you really won't notice a whole lot. Just my opinion.

Yamahauler_04
09-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Depends on how far you went.

Revised rear and front suspension should get rid of the buck and push that the 450R was known for. You may not need the rear linkage to have a decent ride through the whoops.

Should is the key here, we won't know till someone rides one.

Also the 12.5:1 compression and new carb should bring it close to YFZ power.

But what is a FCR style carb?

Once again, we will see when someone rides one.

quad9
09-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by cracer250
Man, I just can't see any reason for people with modded 04/05's to switch. It looks exactly the same besides the lights, and if you have aftermarket shocks, cam and other little things on your 04/05, it's only worth the e-start if that's your thing. Most other changes you really won't notice a whole lot. Just my opinion.

that is what i was thinking also.
i dont like e-start it will be nothing but problems later on.
kick start=less problems

infantry317
09-08-2005, 09:31 AM
Can you run pump gas with that 12:1 piston? I can't see upgrading myself. :ermm: That light is even uglier that the one they already had! :D

TWISTED
09-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by infantry317
Can you run pump gas with that 12:1 piston? I can't see upgrading myself. :ermm: That light is even uglier that the one they already had! :D

As far as the light goes, that's your opinion. The 450r with the original front end was the 2nd ugliest quad of all time, with the predator winning the title. The 06 looks a thousand times better in my opinion.

dober250R
09-08-2005, 10:19 AM
8mm=.3149606 inches, lol. They made a drastic change there.....lol. I'm sure it's noticable though. I'm really happy with all the engine mods they made for improving power. Yeah the yfz made 80 changes, but the changes aren't close to being as drastic as the 450R's are.

ThumPIN_450R
09-08-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm gonna have one so I'll let you all know how it works when I get it. I'm still keeping my 04 for a back up and will either build the 06 or just take the parts off my 04 and put them on the 06.

redhondi400
09-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by quad9
that is what i was thinking also.
i dont like e-start it will be nothing but problems later on.
kick start=less problems

Ran my 400ex for 4 years with e-start and not one problem. It still has the original battery. I will tell you how the e-start when I get mine.

fastrider450r
09-08-2005, 11:38 AM
No the 12:1 compression won't run on pump gas...correct me if im wrong but it has to be around 110 octane i pretty sure

TRX250R87
09-08-2005, 11:48 AM
With my HRC cam, I am running pump gas (92/93 octane) with my 13:1 piston. No problems yet.
ERIC

Steve-O
09-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Naaa they would never have a stock bike run only on 110 octane.
The Z400 has 11.3:1 compression,, my ran best on 87 octane.

86atc250r
09-08-2005, 11:52 AM
No the 12:1 compression won't run on pump gas...correct me if im wrong but it has to be around 110 octane i pretty sure

Yes, 12:1 will be just fine on pump premium in this engine. It will probably be fine on 87, but why take the chance....

Ran my 400ex for 4 years with e-start and not one problem.

I ran e-start on my 400ex for 1 year before I ran into problems. Had numerous problems throughout it's life, from broken wires (solenoid, neg cable, positive cable) to batteries going bad suddenly, to bad connections during a race, etc.

All in all, most of the time it worked well -- on several occasions it really messed up an otherwise good race day.

Granted my 400 got used a lot more than most -- but still, I'd much rather have had a simpler, more reliable starting mechanism, like a kicker.

400exrider0004
09-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Honda would not make the 450 run on 110 or higher from the show room floor.

fastrider450r
09-08-2005, 12:34 PM
ok thanks guys i learned somethin new today then:macho :macho

450 Racer R
09-08-2005, 12:37 PM
how soon can I buy the new rear link? That's all I see worth getting off the 06. other people have already tried the fcr carb on their 04/05's and said it only helps with throttle response.

86atc250r
09-08-2005, 12:48 PM
how soon can I buy the new rear link? That's all I see worth getting off the 06. other people have already tried the fcr carb on their 04/05's and said it only helps with throttle response.

Only?!?

Have you ridden a properly installed FCR bike? The difference is night and day. Agreed though, if you're only a drag racer, it's not worth the money, but that's the only case.

The engine as a whole is a huge update. The linkage is probably going to be one of the few things that was not a worthwhile change --- I don't think they have corrected the problem (from what I've seen so far).

kazpr
09-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Ya I am hoping the new carb and airbox setup will be direct bolt on for the 04 I own!

cady#1
09-08-2005, 01:44 PM
hey 86atc250r, whats up with these engineers? Even if they cant get it right there are aftermarket companies doing wonders with the rear end on the 450r. Why can't they see that, or is it to much money to take that big of a chance on rewelding a bracket on the frame. Not knocking honda on trying to get it right just wondering whats up with it.

86atc250r
09-08-2005, 02:11 PM
I honestly don't know...

To really fix the rear end, what needs to happen is for them to revamp the intake boot setup so that they can raise the upper shock mount.

Once the upper shock mount is raised, a longer shock can be used and a linkage system can be chosen to compliment the rest of the chassis.

liloldbie
09-08-2005, 05:05 PM
I might have to buy one of these now, probably sometime in the winter :) The '06 looks wayyyy better with that new headlight and the changes made make me feel more confident that this machine is going to the top, not like it already hasn't. :D

I can't wait to buy mine :macho

450RGNCC
09-08-2005, 08:18 PM
sorry, but that new headlight is fugly, the old one had character, this one looks like they ripped it off of a lawn mower. and it holds less gas??? it went from 3.2 to 3.1 gallons. did they need room for the battery?

450RgETiRdONE
09-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Totally dude, the head light looks kind of like the suzki front end. Oh my gosh yeah i like my '05 now! Even more..... And kick start fine with me im not lazy...... If wanted a bike with e start and be lazy i would buy a yami 660r grizzly...

Any who.. Hope honda likes wut they did, and every one else:devil:

r450rr
09-08-2005, 09:09 PM
the motor sounds good, but i think the 04 and 05's had a lot more character than the front on this one(the old ones at least looked aerodynamic and flowed with the bike. some douche must have come up with that change IMO, I just cant understand them changing the looks, it looked fine to me, give us some new colors and change the motor and deminsions but dont change what it looks like, bad move i think.. I also think them making every utility quad look like the rincon. and every sport oriented quad look like the damn 450r is pathetic,(have some diversity) i think that takes a way from the character of honda itself. They dropped the ball on the rincon once again, I Hate kawasaki but man alive atleast they are on top of things with the BRute,(might be a hink of junk but atleast they are powerful. As far as they 450r,, the motor and the drop in seat height, it being wider and longer sounds great and it sounds all good on that perspective, but leave the looks alone an quit making it look worse. i wanna see a white stock one like the 80's 250r with red, white an blue stickers. also what the hell happened to the sportrax sticker on the side. are they trying to save even more money in making it look stupid, and charging more. at least they gave an option of electric start that was a smart move. but does it weigh more than 350pds on the ones with a starter

hndabestonearth
09-08-2005, 09:11 PM
seems like some people are knocking the electric start, if you don't want it get the kick only version, Honda was smart to make to versions to please everyone. To even compare an e start 450r to a grizzly makes me laugh.

These changes honda made are a big step forward, its sure beats the hell out of bold new graphics right? I feel sorry if you didn't want to wait for an 06 because this is going to kill the 04/05.

I have the 04 version, if i was to change out half the things that honda has done to this 06 it would cost me over $4000 easy. I am very satisfied with what honda has done here, and i'm glad they have stepped up to the plate to show us what they've really got. The 04 was, good, but it just got even better.

As for that nose piece, its growing on me, plus I'd like to see a front view first. I'm not too concerned about it anyways, the rear will look good for all those yamaha riders lol.

86atc250r
09-08-2005, 09:20 PM
I seem to remember everyone complaining about the 04 front end -- apparently now it's the best thing going.

Chill out folks -- you can never please everyone with styling -- some will always hate it and some will always love it.

Personally I dislike the "spy vs spy" look of the YFZ. Really I don' t like any of the quads sporting the pointed nose look -- other's opinions may vary..

450robot
09-08-2005, 09:23 PM
well, to me, the new headlight certainly is "bold" for a stock look, but once you put wider a arms and stuff on, assuming you keep the light, i think it would remind me a lil of a corvette

but the motor is what its all about, i dont know about you people, but back when i had a raptor, i never had one problem with estart... i think its a good idea, seeing as how popular gncc is nowadays

and the carb, shocks and aarms, even make it more formadable! i cant wait to see it win in a yfz vs. r shootout

i know im trading mine in for the estart version, even though im gonna be racing mx, its just one less thing to croud my mind while racing, of having to worry about stalling, and having to pull out the kick shaft and kick, then put it back in place, reposition my body and the quad and go

i would rather stay in my seat and just push a button

cracer250
09-09-2005, 06:30 AM
I've had nothing but problems with my e-start 400ex. In cold weather, you might as well jump start it right off the bat because there was no chance of it starting on the battery. My 450r is so easy to start with no worry of dead batteries or fouled plugs. I love it.

MD450r
09-10-2005, 04:57 PM
I bought 99 400ex new and never had a single problem with it other than the starter solenoid falling out of its hole every once in a while. The person that bought it from me just replaced the original battery a month ago. But ive riden with a kid where the battery on his kept dieing and the machine wasent a year old.

Ive got a 04 450r now and have had it since new. I like having the kick because im the only person that will ever work on it and its one less thing to break. The only time while I have a problem with it is if I accidentally kill it on a hill and not bieng able to sit down and just push the button and get going again.

Ive always felt the reason that honda has put a kick start on the 450r as maybe a deterent to keep enexperienced riders operating the machine. The kind of people that ride atvs like they are driving a car then the next thing you know they are on there head eating dirt, then the only step after that is to sue the track owner and the manufacturer of machine.

Probably now that sales are good and no one is sueing, the manufacturers are raising the bar on the amount of power that they give us atv riders. I just like to see the fact that the manufacturers are giving us more than different colors and stickers every year and there giving us the changes we want.

Aaron

Iliketogofast
09-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Well, here's the all new 2007 model... Straight from Honda's R&D dept.

yammy350rider
09-10-2005, 08:46 PM
With the 12:1 Compression wont it kick over hard?

fandl450r
09-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by yammy350rider
With the 12:1 Compression wont it kick over hard?

You will hardly notice it. I have 13.1 compression and it kicks over first time.

coryatver
09-10-2005, 09:58 PM
It has automatic decompression so it doesnt matter how much compression it has. I beleive they made the hood longer so you can just take the headlight off and it looks fine. The old ones when you took the headlight off there was a huge hole in the front end. And most people that buy a 450 take the headlights off.

jeepnrocks
09-10-2005, 10:09 PM
I love the headlight!!

Punk'd
09-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
I love the headlight!!

I agree. I think it looks better then the 04/05's. For those of you who dont like it, it will grow on you as it did when the 04 first came out.

PS: do you have to choose between Electric start or kick? Or does it come with both?

Also is the hot start still there?

LRacing
09-10-2005, 11:44 PM
You can get either the estart or the kickstart. The weight difference is 6 pounds.

yammy350rider
09-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
I agree. I think it looks better then the 04/05's. For those of you who dont like it, it will grow on you as it did when the 04 first came out.

PS: do you have to choose between Electric start or kick? Or does it come with both?

Also is the hot start still there?

What does the hot start do exactly?

MD450r
09-11-2005, 09:00 AM
The hot start leans out the air fuel mixture. It will make the motor easier to restart when its hot.

Aaron

yammy350rider
09-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by MD450r
The hot start leans out the air fuel mixture. It will make the motor easier to restart when its hot.

Aaron

Oh...ok...thanks

RIDER11X
09-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by MD450r

Aaron

What happens if you push it while it is running?:confused:

TRX250R87
09-12-2005, 05:24 AM
If you press the hot start while the engine is runing, the lean condition will just cause the RPM's to climb. It really doesn't hurt anything.
ERIC

Jersey450R
09-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by TRX250R87
If you press the hot start while the engine is runing, the lean condition will just cause the RPM's to climb. It really doesn't hurt anything.
ERIC
climb? mine cut out when i used to do that:confused:

TRX250R87
09-12-2005, 12:20 PM
You may have been border line too lean on the air screw/pilot?
ERIC

balzout
09-12-2005, 12:46 PM
im switching!!!owned a yami for 2 years and those changes to motor was just what ive been waiting for.the 04 05 was too weak.not much differance from a 400.the light well its coming off asap i never leave the lights on.and if you run gncc i suggest e start...if it works properly lot less work which can save time and energy.especially if you flood it out a lil and man those starts watch out bill b here comes red!