PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed in Honda

Martin Blair
09-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Well, again i find myself very dissapointed with the new models honda has to offer, they barrley made any changes to the 450r. I would have just included the fcr and hcr kit with the bike, and upgrade the suspension. I am sorry to say but the suzuki is still going to rape it. Honda needs to step it up to compete in the rapidly growing sport atv market. If they keep coming up short, might as well cross them off the list of competitors.

Pappy
09-07-2005, 09:00 PM
lol..i dont think you can cross them off yet.

the changes they made looked fair for a second version. the engine will have more pep, the suspension will be better.

and after all this we will still throw away almost everything stock and change it to aftermarket...lmao!

Martin Blair
09-07-2005, 09:02 PM
personaly I think suzuki is going to put everyone to shame, I like my 450r, but the 04 isnt going for the 06 450r, it may be going for a 06 suki 450.

09-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
lol..i dont think you can cross them off yet.

the changes they made looked fair for a second version. the engine will have more pep, the suspension will be better.

and after all this we will still throw away almost everything stock and change it to aftermarket...lmao!

If all quads came race ready out of the box.. wouldnt everyone race?

1BADYFZ
09-07-2005, 09:04 PM
whens the zuki gonna be released?

I'm staying yamaha either way:chinese:

Pappy
09-07-2005, 09:04 PM
im happy we will have a few different choices.

i wish they had beefed the frame up, same with the yamaha and it will be the same with the new suki:p

Pappy
09-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
If all quads came race ready out of the box.. wouldnt everyone race?

the day a fully aftermarket quad makes me a great racer ill buy 10 of them...lol

Martin Blair
09-07-2005, 09:06 PM
well personaly this is the same company that came out with the 250r?

I dont think so

Mxjunkie
09-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I'm happy with my banshee still :p

I think new quads just look too space age alien quads, I do LOVE the look of say pappys R with the hoods and some plastic drool.. :devil:

Dave400ex
09-07-2005, 09:08 PM
All the changes made were good, just not as many as most would like. I myself like the E-start option since I race XC, but still want to see what Suzuki has up their sleeve...

honduh440
09-07-2005, 09:11 PM
you KIDS need to grow up

Pappy
09-07-2005, 09:11 PM
yeah i reckon ill sell this and scarf up an 06:chinese:

not:devil:

but atleast i can upgrade to some new 06 options. not sure i need them but ...lol

Pappy
09-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
you KIDS need to grow up

lmao..you cant even buy beer yet....rotf

Punk'd
09-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Go ahead and buy dem 06'izes. I be smokein dem all day any-who with ma 04:p

Tommy 17
09-07-2005, 09:15 PM
haha u guys ***** way to much... cry me a river...

personally i love the new 450r... they added e start for woods... who cares about the hood it'll be takin off anyways for most people... they changed the rear linkage...

i just hope i can get one... i think i'd rather have the orange cbr600rr thou:devil:

bigbadbrad
09-07-2005, 09:18 PM
what site do you find the 06's under the honda page still is not updated yet.

trx450jason
09-07-2005, 09:19 PM
I think the look will grow on us. The other changes sound pretty nice too.

Martin Blair
09-07-2005, 09:19 PM
stop being pussies i LIKE MY KICK START

Pappy
09-07-2005, 09:22 PM
im disappointed in the new trx 90. where is the 125:grr:

sampleez
09-07-2005, 09:22 PM
nice to know http://www.yfzcentral.com/invision/style_emoticons/smilies/loser.gif

edit: dangit pappy......you always beat me :scary:

Tommy 17
09-07-2005, 09:23 PM
im disappointed in the new trx 90. where is the 125:grr:

sadly they'll never release one bc you have to be over 16 to ride it...

pappy i think codys basically screwed for a few more years:(

Pappy
09-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
sadly they'll never release one bc you have to be over 16 to ride it...

pappy i think codys basically screwed for a few more years:(

the law is defunct....has been for awhile

oh well...off to build the 90 honda should have:devil:

honduh440
09-07-2005, 09:24 PM
lmao..you cant even buy beer yet....rotf

which ID are you refering to?

Pappy
09-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
which ID are you refering to?

lmao!

honduh440
09-07-2005, 09:26 PM
i bet u didnt know that a Utah ID doesnt have a bar code to scan!:cool:

450robot
09-07-2005, 09:28 PM
honda really disapointed me this year too...

the mechanical changes to the 450r are nice, i will be buying the estart setup for my 05 if theyre interchangable i know that, but the front hood and light is attrocious!

the 250ex is kinda cool, it looks alot more worthy to ride,

but the trx90... that poor mini, floorboards? and look at the fenders! yuck! they look 10x better last year

i really expected something big this year seeing a how yamaha released the 700r, true 450 yfz, wolverine remake, and more... and with suzuki with the race machine on the way...

i thought honda wouldve stepped up with something special

o well

bad01300ex
09-07-2005, 09:40 PM
oh well looks like ill be stayin with yammi for sure:D

Ill bet a million dollars the new zuki is ugly as hell and doenst have all the crap everyone thinks it will, plus, first year out with EFI:eek2: yea right am i gonna get that!!!!

250rmike
09-07-2005, 10:00 PM
if they all made race ready bikes out of the box the sport would get boring. i dont really like watching dirt bikes(well i do just not as muchas quads) for this reason all the bikes are the same. different graphics but all basically the same bike. i think half the fun is modding the bike

and pappy you lie c-dale came out with a race ready bike and i beleive you only bought 1 not 10. you didnt even get the race ready one you made your own

Eddiesanders250
09-07-2005, 10:13 PM
haha ya right suzuki will come out with that new 450 and its gonna smoke the other 450s. that is stock.... and as far as looks i think it will look good. besides if you race you dont have to worry about looks.:)

troutman561
09-07-2005, 10:18 PM
it seems no matter what honda will do ppl will neer be happy, oh well, i like the changes made, now its just that much better(except for the light that part does confuse me but thats not performance), oh well tho, no matter what ppl will complain even if the damn thing flew

400exredrider
09-07-2005, 10:22 PM
are you kidding me, honda revised alot on the 450r the engine is COMPLETELY different it already comes with the CRF450s FCR and they re did it all, dont get your panties in a bunch yet, this isnt going to be as dissapointing as you think

All-new engine is closely related to the CRF(R)450R and CRF450X.
Electric starter available for easy starting in all conditions.
Maximum engine rpm is 9850.
New 40mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor for improved engine response.
Forged slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
Compression ratio increased from 10.5:1 to 12.0:1.
New transmission ratios designed for racing applications and trail use.
Longer swingarm and new linkage ratio for improved turning.
New A-arms, knuckles and spindles for improved turning.
Stronger hubs provide improved rigidity.
8mm lower riding position for lower center-of-gravity, improved handling and rider feel.
Front suspension is lighter and features a new spring for improved bump absorption.
Rear suspension is lighter for improved handling and travel has been increased from 9.0 inches to 9.3 inches.
New airbox for improved airflow and increased power.
Air filter is 1.4 times larger than previous unit for improved airflow and power.
New exhaust system and free-flowing muffler increase performance while maintaining low noise levels.
New cylinder head porting features improved flow for maximum performance.
Lighter radiator features revised fin pitch for increased airflow.
New headlight shape for race-derived look.

10:1 to 12:1 is going to make a heck of a difference in a stock quad aswell as the 40mm FCR and the smaller ports...
might as well face it anyway, the 450s have become just like dirtbikes, the manufacturers will be shaving pounds and making minor adjustments every year on the 450 just as they do on the bikes, thats how its going to be, but this engine will be much stronger.

Punk'd
09-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Nextyear Honda has to release a 650 or 700r, but I doubt this will happen. Id love to see it though. Also I would like to see Honda come out with a Yamaha Rhino type thing. How sweet whould that be? I just hope it doesnt look like the 450r:rolleyes: :blah:

BTW: I think we are all not seeing what Honda did. Wait till the shoot outs / test rides. Then judge it. You think Honda would put all that money into a 450r and only make a little diffrence? I think we are all expecting something similar to a 04/05 450r, but IMO its going to be a beast.

250rmike
09-07-2005, 10:26 PM
honda made some good imporvments. but they still got a ways to go in the looks department. they need to go back to older design heck even the 400ex was better than the 450. the r's only look good as race bike. well now adays the very occasional completely stock bike looks fantastic. they need to work on the motors now since most of the chassis will be changed anyway. they need to squeeze as much power as they can out of em

Martin Blair
09-07-2005, 10:29 PM
All im saying is IMO they could have done alot better, they are right now a half-*** race ready bike, either go all the way or dont go at all.

400exredrider
09-07-2005, 10:31 PM
not to mention while doing all of this revising to the engine, they do meet the california emissions with it

Shawn H
09-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Totally happy with the upgrads to the 06!!

He11 I cant understand why some are Biatching about stupid things when they did change a ton of stuff>

Normally they just change some graphics or colors and here they changed so much and people are still complaining :rolleyes:

09-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Why would Honda need to upgrade.. the 250R was the Sh1t for how many years? and even with all these new quads out. who's gonna beat the good ol hond reliability

kwatts400
09-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Seems to me that Honda upgraded everything that was "wrong" with the bike according to the magazines and everyone else.

longer swinger
fcr carb
higher comp ratio
better air intake
slightly lower center of garavity
e-start optional
new linkage

Sounds to me like they did a good job

BTW, Suzuki must be going back to the drawing board:macho

carbonfiber440
09-08-2005, 01:13 AM
Why should they change it? it already won the GNC title and the ESPN great outdoors challange! besides running in 1st place the first 6 races of the GNCC series and winning the BAJA. I think it was already a great machine before the updates but they only make it greater. IMO.

MOFO
09-08-2005, 04:21 AM
My god... all of you little kid's wouldnt be happy until every part was aftermarket and it was a true full blown race quad - but then you'd complain about the 15-20k sticker!

I think it was a great revision of the 450R... like somone said above, the motor changes will really wake the quad up. Are they still offering the HRC kit or does this one not need it? I bet this motor took care of the YFZ being faster... :eek: :devil:

mat_man1
09-08-2005, 04:25 AM
I don't think the electric start was put on for the average trail rider or they would have added a reverse gear. I think it is still for the racers who were complaining about being able to start it when it was already warmed up (30-35 kicks). I can see where all the changes will benefit people who race as well as trailriders who don't mind having reverse. After waiting to see what honda was coming out with, I think the new raptor is the best quad out right now including handling if you are going to be using it for everything but racing.

DEAL
09-08-2005, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by 400exredrider
are you kidding me, honda revised alot on the 450r the engine is COMPLETELY different it already comes with the CRF450s FCR and they re did it all, dont get your panties in a bunch yet, this isnt going to be as dissapointing as you think

Forged slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
8mm lower riding position for lower center-of-gravity, improved handling and rider feel.
Front suspension is lighter and features a new spring for improved bump absorption.
Rear suspension is lighter for improved handling and travel has been increased from 9.0 inches to 9.3 inches.
Air filter is 1.4 times larger than previous unit for improved airflow and power.
New exhaust system and free-flowing muffler increase performance while maintaining low noise levels.

10:1 to 12:1 is going to make a heck of a difference in a stock quad aswell as the 40mm FCR and the smaller ports...
might as well face it anyway, the 450s have become just like dirtbikes, the manufacturers will be shaving pounds and making minor adjustments every year on the 450 just as they do on the bikes, thats how its going to be, but this engine will be much stronger.

It doesn't look "pretty" enough yet so they don't like it :rolleyes:

Shawn H
09-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by mat_man1
[ I think it is still for the racers who were complaining about being able to start it when it was already warmed up (30-35 kicks). [/B]

30-35 kicks are you crazy!!!!

I have rolled it over 1.5 hrs into a race and My 450r has always started within 4 kicks!!

If a racer complains of that they best rejet if it takes them 30 kicks lmfao!

coryatver
09-08-2005, 08:21 AM
To me the 06 450r is the perfect quad for an amature racer! The price is still awesome and it has what it needs to be competitive at the amature level! I couldn't ask for more. Of course pros will change stuff anyway and they have the support to do it. Here are the top things I think they changed!

1. NEW REAR LINKAGE so you don't have to spend money for a new link and revalve your shock for a new one!

2. FCR CARB STOCK. That is saving almost 500 bucks right there probley not much more power stock but when you modify the motor the FCR will shine.

3. NEW GEAR RATIOS AND HIGHER REV LIMIT. Don't have to worry about changing the gearing for xc like the older ones where they were geared high and you won't need an aftermarket CDI

4. THE NEW HOOD. When you pull the headlight it will actually still have a finished front end unlike the old hood where you had to get an aftermarket hood.

Thank you honda

duke416ex
09-08-2005, 08:23 AM
You can't please everyone all the time, but I think Honda did a good job of pleasing most of the people. I think the changes are awesome. I mean you can't make a list of everything you want, shocks, motor, etc, and expect to get it all for the price they are right now. Like MoFo said someone will complain about anything.
You say you want it more race ready, but yet when a race ready quad comes out people won't buy it, like a c-dale. Then even if they do buy it, they change the things the factory has put on it. I am sure if you want a race ready quad your local dealer would be happy to assemble one, for the bargain price of, hope you like it without lube.99, + tax, which would probably be close to the price of a factory totally race ready honda quad.

Rootar
09-08-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by DEAL
It doesn't look "pretty" enough yet so they don't like it :rolleyes:

i fully agree big deal if you dont like the looks im sure full bore and other companies will be coming out with fenders for it and you can get a hood it you dont like it

people people this is what we were asking for LONGER swingarm with NEW rear linkage, new suspension settings with new springs, FCR 40 carb, all new stronger motor closer to the bike motor, e-start for those who want it, and kick for those who dont, they have fixed the problems that were complained about and then a little. maybe some of you need to re read what theyve changed.

I like it and i think they did a good job. plus how cool is the lil glass openings to check the oil at a glance without having to get a rag and pull each dip stick.

coryatver
09-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Yeah I wouldn't want it any more race ready. Any more race ready parts and the price would go up big time. Like Long travel, that would add 2000 bucks easy to the price. You can build it the way you want but for what most people need it for this one is setup perfect. If the suzuki has what it rumored it is going to cost 10 g or more!

QuadJunkies
09-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by 400exredrider

EXACTLY!!! Were in the market for a new quad, we just may have to buy another Honda
BTW.. Wasnt Suzuki supposed to release info on the new quad by now ???

DESDAK4
09-08-2005, 11:35 AM
I will jsut say this release today may just be enough to bring me home to HONDA :D but, we will see;)

Jay
USAF
AMMO
IYAAYAS

wilkin250r
09-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by kwatts400
Seems to me that Honda upgraded everything that was "wrong" with the bike according to the magazines and everyone else.

longer swinger
fcr carb
higher comp ratio
better air intake
slightly lower center of garavity
e-start optional
new linkage

Sounds to me like they did a good job

I agree 100%

They made modifications to just about everything that people complained about. E-start, swinger and linkage, lower center of gravity, and FCR carb.

What else did you want? You want 95HP stock from the factory? That will never happen. You want truly race-ready, pro-level suspension? That will never happen, for two reasons. One, it's too expensive, and two, there are too many variables. Did you want MX, XC, TT, or desert? What weight?

Or, are you just whining because Yamaha just happened to put out a great machine, too?

gojk
09-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by 250rmike
if they all made race ready bikes out of the box the sport would get boring. i dont really like watching dirt bikes(well i do just not as muchas quads) for this reason all the bikes are the same. different graphics but all basically the same bike. i think half the fun is modding the bike

and pappy you lie c-dale came out with a race ready bike and i beleive you only bought 1 not 10. you didnt even get the race ready one you made your own

Pappy said he would buy 10 of an aftermarket quad that made him a better racer. He didn't say he would buy 10 race ready quads.:blah:

Atkins
09-08-2005, 01:21 PM
I was thinking, and they should have given the e-start version the same recluse style clutch found on the 250ex for the woods racers.

Tommy 17
09-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
I was thinking, and they should have given the e-start version the same recluse style clutch found on the 250ex for the woods racers.

i'm callin that for next year... the reason i heard they didn't do it this year and it could be totaly false is with the higher hp numbers they can't get it to stop eating clutch plates and baskets sorta like the rekluses... give them a year to perfect it and i bet we see it in 07...

mat_man1
09-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
30-35 kicks are you crazy!!!!

I have rolled it over 1.5 hrs into a race and My 450r has always started within 4 kicks!!

If a racer complains of that they best rejet if it takes them 30 kicks lmfao!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=179129

Just going by what someone had already posted, don't call me crazy.

zeppelin
09-08-2005, 02:09 PM
man that stuff about being new from the ground up is bull they made 22 total mods, if you go into engine secifics they lowered the crank, changed the valves seats and like two other things that dont come to mind right now so if you total it all up it at leat 24, but no more than 30. now look at the yfz that really didnt have as big of issues as the R did and igot 80 changes that improved on stuff that before you didnt even know had anything wrong with it. the way i see it is the new R isnt really even as good as last years yfz before there 80 difernt changes

jwick07
09-08-2005, 02:22 PM
well i must say at first is was upset with honda but then after looking over the specs I think it is great and I want one!!

For all of those crying about it not being a out of the box racer take a closer look at what some of you are riding. Have you built one yet and dumped in the thousands to do so???? I've been working my butt off for over a year now trying to get the money to build one and I will just keep doing so because I want the satisfaction of building my own race quad and not just buying one.

So Honda was right in not doing so because if you havent spent the extra 4grand or so by now building one you will not buy one!

Jersey450R
09-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
man that stuff about being new from the ground up is bull they made 22 total mods, if you go into engine secifics they lowered the crank, changed the valves seats and like two other things that dont come to mind right now so if you total it all up it at leat 24, but no more than 30. now look at the yfz that really didnt have as big of issues as the R did and igot 80 changes that improved on stuff that before you didnt even know had anything wrong with it. the way i see it is the new R isnt really even as good as last years yfz before there 80 difernt changes
The YFZ has 80 upgrades because it NEEDED 80 upgrades. Notice most of the things they did copied the honda, i.e. the eccentric carrier (only because hondas patent ran out on that). The new R now answered back with some of the yammi characteristics and now creamed on the YFZ. :D

zeppelin
09-08-2005, 02:38 PM
i think that the old yfz are actualy closer to the new R's and that the new yammie is about 3 steps ahead of honda now ( cause their obviously trying to play catch up look how simular the specs between the 2 are now), but another issue i forgot to adress was a 7 lb gain form 05 (comparing kick start to kick start versions) and the starter makes it another 10 so the R is falling way behind

09-08-2005, 02:44 PM
i think that the old yfz are actualy closer to the new R's and that the new yammie is about 3 steps ahead of honda now ( cause their obviously trying to play catch up look how simular the specs between the 2 are now), but another issue i forgot to adress was a 7 lb gain form 05 (comparing kick start to kick start versions) and the starter makes it another 10 so the R is falling way behind

oh god dont start bringing the yfz into this thread or else it will just become another 450r vs. yfz thread:rolleyes:

jwick07
09-08-2005, 02:47 PM

OMG just STOP so your not going to buy one good for you we hear you loud and clear.

This is a great quad for those who want it just like the yammi is a great quad for those who want it

Ill never own anything ever agin but honda because they are a great fit for me and near bullet proof.

For others the yammi is the way and I guess that includes you too

Chino
09-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i'm callin that for next year... the reason i heard they didn't do it this year and it could be totaly false is with the higher hp numbers they can't get it to stop eating clutch plates and baskets sorta like the rekluses... give them a year to perfect it and i bet we see it in 07...

if they put a hinson basket in them off the floor, that issue would be solved, but it still takes maintenance. I can't really see them selling a 5 spd race quad with auto clutch, but it may happen, who knows....

muddy400EX
09-08-2005, 04:20 PM
upgrades sounds pretty nice, still looks ugly as hell tho. i would take a yfz anyday over it.

you people complain how honda dont change enough on the quads, but what you dont realize is they spend all there time on the dirtbikes, they always have. every year there adding a huge list of stuff on each bike. just look at the 06 crf250, it comes with dual exhaust:eek: i guess with the quads they figure, it works so lets keep it like that

DESDAK4
09-08-2005, 04:28 PM
I have been away from Honda for some time now and have a question for you guys.

How much more power could or should this bike have over the previous model with a shorter stroke, smaller but different carb and all? I am not really a motor guy so I am just wounderinghow these changes make it better. As I said above I am really considering moving back to Honda, I just don't understand how this works so, I am asking hte guys in the know.

Jay
USAF
AMMO
IYAAYAS

Jersey450R
09-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by DESDAK4
I have been away from Honda for some time now and have a question for you guys.

How much more power could or should this bike have over the previous model with a shorter stroke, smaller but different carb and all? I am not really a motor guy so I am just wounderinghow these changes make it better. As I said above I am really considering moving back to Honda, I just don't understand how this works so, I am asking hte guys in the know.

Jay
USAF
AMMO
IYAAYAS
shorter stroke but a bigger bore! that makes a more powerfull punch. The carb can be smaller because of the flat side type. that carb will make throttle response more aggressive. what i dont understand is why honda is trying to mimik the YFZ power when the R stood out because it was just as fast, but so much easier to ride, hence the smoother power. I know i eat YFZ's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and i have an 05'. But who knows, i love this sport and so does everyone on here. we all love to see how things progress and compete.

Out_Sider
09-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Yeah, honda did make the 250r, but i mean.. what is a stock 250r? everyone i see being raced doesn't have anything stock, a stock 250r is WAY behind what these 450's have, and yet people still bring up how totally awesome the 250r was, when most of them have never even rode a stock 250r

Tom TRX250R
09-08-2005, 05:29 PM
I think Honda did a good job as far as pleasing 90% of people who's complaints included needed longer swingarm, lower center of gravity, FCR Carb, e-start etc.. I am excited to ride one of the '06's and compare it to an '05. It should be a really nice bike and remember it's a Honda! Though I think they need to go back in time on the looks department and look at his big brother, the 250R!:p

Out_Sider,
I agree about bone stock 250R's, I have ridden several of them and they run good but are fairly mellow. When compared to a 2006 TRX450R vs. 1986 TRX250R, yeah the 450 is gonna win, but I sure a he!! would hope honda could advance in 20 years. But the ol' 2 stroker still handles better IMO and responds to mods better. But, I would still like to have one of each in my garage.

400exredrider
09-08-2005, 05:53 PM
i actually like the looks of the new hood headlight combo,, it does focus the light better and it makes it look mean, kinda like a person when theyre P*ssed eyes are kinda squinted....http://powersports.honda.com/images/model/c028_029_030_031_photos_all/atvs/2006/TRX450R/LargeHoriz/TRX450R_large_15.jpg

TGW_400ex
09-08-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't understand why are people are dissappointed? Does it have to have a jet engine on the back to suit you?:rolleyes:

wvspeedfreak
09-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
I don't understand why are people are dissappointed? Does it have to have a jet engine on the back to suit you?:rolleyes:

Exactly!It seems to me that Honda has adressed 95% of what everyone has been whining about for the last 2 years.It sure looks to me like honda is finally stepping up.They made alot of changes to the 06 and it is only in it's third production year.The 400ex was basically unchanged for 6 years.

TORO1968
09-08-2005, 07:29 PM
I think Honda did a great job of upgrading the 450R. Like others said, Honda took care of the majority of complaints people had about the '04-'05s. For Honda to do that, they must really want to stay in the game with Yamaha and Suzuki...look how long it took them to change the 400ex!

The changes to the engine should make a noticable change in power delivery and overall performance. Plus, the electric start option is awesome! THANK YOU HONDA!

The headlight/hood styling is a little better than last year, but still isn't the greatest in my book. But, I'll trade lackluster front end looks for superior Honda reliability!!! :D

The 250ex and Rincon changes are pretty cool as well. Heck, they now have an airbag option for the Gold Wing! I always knew that thing was more like a car than a motorcycle... :p

So, there's my 2 cents...

-Jordan

coryatver
09-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Did anyone notice in the 450r video that they show a 250ex sitting there and it says TRX450R... lol honda can't even tell them apart

zeppelin
09-08-2005, 07:58 PM
i looked all over there site and i cant find that vid

coryatver
09-08-2005, 08:11 PM
http://powersports.honda.com/preview/06_preview_video_popup.asp?MediaPath=http://events.streamlogics.com/hondamotorcycle/2006/HP1-hi.asx&MediaType=wma&Speed=broadband
Public Video

http://wmd01sea.activate.net/actcanada/hondamotorcycle/hrca_2006_model_3_high.wmv
HRCA clubhouse preview

Tommy 17
09-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
Yeah, honda did make the 250r, but i mean.. what is a stock 250r? everyone i see being raced doesn't have anything stock, a stock 250r is WAY behind what these 450's have, and yet people still bring up how totally awesome the 250r was, when most of them have never even rode a stock 250r

AMEN!!! once again the actual 250r wasn't that great... it was the laeger protrax power valve 265s that were good... theres nothing about them bikes that even resembles a 250r except the plastic and the cases...

a 250rs motor from the factory isn't that strong... not nearly as strong as the 450rs and yfzs are...

RIDER11X
09-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Everyone wants a "Race Ready" quad, but how many bought Cannondale Blaze's and Moto's? Apparently not enough of the market to make it profitable for Cannondale................

I do think Honda has done a great job on the 450r for 2006, as these changes may not sound like much to some, but they will be noticable in riding.

I guess Honda addressed the frame breaking issue?:confused:

09-09-2005, 06:28 PM
the 250R may not have been strong compared to today, they were made 16 years ago..

but they were still racers choice for like 13 years or better!! I think this 450r will dominate. Honda has always made a great product.. I thought the first 450rs were sweet, and now that they are refined they will be AWESOME!! and who else can maintain honda reliability.. I'm not sayin Yamaha is bad either but how can some of you knock the 450R so bad. I know several who have them and haven't heard a complaint yet, they love em..

However I do ride with a guy who has a YFZ450.. not an aggressive rider by any mean, minimal jumping. pretty much babys it and he has snapped a spindle and busted the rear shock linkage to the swingarm.. I would say a spindle snapping and the front tired falling off while riding IS an issue, especially for those who do jump big

RIDER11X
09-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Not starting a bashing party on YFZ's, as they are sweet machines as well, but have you noticed how many racers bought YFZ's only to sell them to get 450r's? Quite a few.

My latest venture on a KTM bike is causing me lots more pain than my old 400ex that I sold, so I'm thinking an 06' 450r is coming to my garage this spring.:macho

TCracin440ex
09-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by TORO1968
The headlight/hood styling is a little better than last year, but still isn't the greatest in my book. But, I'll trade lackluster front end looks for superior Honda reliability!!! :D

i must add....who cares what the frontend looks like....the rearend is all the competition is going to see and i must admit the backend of a 450r looks pretty damn good