PDA

View Full Version : "race cut" plastics?

emaxxjeremy
09-07-2005, 07:45 PM
i have a 300ex and want to change the look. i have seen some on here that have been "race cut" and look pretty cool. is this something that you buy? or is it just a cut em up mod however you want?

exboy
09-07-2005, 08:07 PM
u can do either one its cheaper to cut them urself(well i guess its free) but u can buy race cuts like maiers.

TheFontMaster
09-07-2005, 08:08 PM
You can ether cut the plastic you have now to how you want it, or aftermarket companys sell plastic that is already race cut. To race cut your plastics use a magic marker to put a line where you want them cut, that way you can use it as refference, and it will wipe off and you can change it if you don't like it. The put masking tape along where you made your line with the marker so that when you cut the plastic it wont crack or chip, then cut it with a sawzall, or hack saw. Then sand the rough edges with some 320-400 grit wet sand paper, then very carefully use a torch to melt the plastic so that it smooths out and gets shinny, be carefull not to burn or melt the plastics so that they are ruined.

And remember you can always cut more plastic off, you can't put it back on.