PDA

View Full Version : Compression?

JDiablo
09-07-2005, 05:41 PM
I know that the stock piston is almost 12:1 compression,but im picking up a engine with a 13:1 piston in it,is it safe to run pump gas or no?I highly doubt it though

sampleez
09-07-2005, 05:49 PM
i think you can only go to 12.5:1 on 93 octane.

if you're gonna get a hi comp, get a 13.5:1 wicked piston. they're supposed to have some pretty awesome gains over normal hi comps. if you don't already, go to yfztech.com and talk to pahrump or matt for more info.

i wanna get one for my bike, but i don't even wanna know how much race gas is now :grr: someone told me they heard someone paid $12/gallon for 110 recently :eek2:

JDiablo
09-07-2005, 06:22 PM
The engine im buying has a 13:1 already installed in it,and its setting me back a couple of months so i dont want to install any new parts...

Would it help if i cermic/molycoat it to help cool it?

tater_kamik
09-08-2005, 02:13 AM
i would say no to pump gas, BUT you can mix a little tolulene into pump gas to increase the octane rating... here is some useful info on fuel and additives gasoline!! (http://www.merkurencyclopedia.com/Fuel/fuelchem.html)
as for coating it, i dont know. i would say a better radiator, larger oil reservoir with good oil and coolant should help.