View Full Version : I had a VERY NEW car...

Ralph
09-07-2005, 05:10 PM
It had leather seats, boss stereo system, ac, 6 cd changer. I loved this car and i cry just thinking about crashing it...:(

My 1998 c280 with 21,000 miles on it.

Ralph
09-07-2005, 05:12 PM
I didnt get a scratch on me so im glad i was in such a great safe car.

09-07-2005, 05:13 PM
your fault I take it? Whats the story? were you paying with the radio?

Ralph
09-07-2005, 05:14 PM
R.I.P :o

Tommy 17
09-07-2005, 05:14 PM
nice on ralph.... what ya do???:confused: :o

Ralph
09-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Came around a turn on some roads surrounded by tons of woods and there was a feroucious beast on the road. Tried to go around the left side then overcorrected to the right and then the left and slid it sideways and clipped the front right on a telephone pole. Coulda been a McNugget but i got lucky i guess.

And to add on to how i lost control is that right where i had to swearve, the road dips a little so all the weight was off of the rear end....

Pvt. Maggot
09-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Sucks man...Sorry for your luck man, Glad your alright.

MOFO
09-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Sorry to hear that...

How the heck did you find a 1998 C280 with only 21k???? Damn!

Cant beat them German cars for safety! ;) Are they going to total it? If so, whats going to be your replacement... you seem like a car guy... I bet you have something already in mind.

Ralph
09-07-2005, 05:22 PM
thx im just so pissed about the car, glad i got the full coverage though.

Everythings gonna be alright i guess

zeppelin
09-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
there was a feroucious beast on the road
lmao but sorry to hear about that man, looks like it used to be a really sweet car

Pappy
09-07-2005, 05:24 PM
lol...that sucks ralph but atleast your ok!

Ralph
09-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Sorry to hear that...

How the heck did you find a 1998 C280 with only 21k???? Damn!

Came in on a trade with only 19,000 on it. The engine comparment looked brand new. There was one spot on the left rear door where the it musta been repainted cause it came up a little thicker on the meter but besides that it was in perfect conditon.
It musta been some rich folks car that they bought for their nanny to haul the kids around in. Well i guess in New york city it takes 7 years to put 19,000 miles on a car.

Ralph
09-07-2005, 05:28 PM
I saw dirtmomma's thread and it drew a tear reading about her new car with the leather and so on so i figured id try some type of support group typa' deal with this thread,,,

Warnerade
09-07-2005, 05:32 PM
so they are able to fix that ralph? looks a lot worse than when you first described it to me...

Ralph
09-07-2005, 05:33 PM
frame is deff bent. The body shop manager from MBM thinks its totaled and now the insurance agents are gonna take a look.

Warnerade
09-07-2005, 05:36 PM
ya..it looks totaled, IF they can fix that...i'd suggest selling it for what its worth...a totaled car will never be the same.

Ralph
09-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
ya..it looks totaled, IF they can fix that...i'd suggest selling it for what its worth...a totaled car will never be the same.

If its not totaled i got 3 options,

Sell it wrecked and count my losses,

Have insurance pay for it and have my isnurance sky rocket

Pay for it out of pocket.

Im pretty positive its totaled and the thing im majorly pissed about is that i will have to spend more months waiting to find something like this again. VERY affordable, VERY safe, Very Nice, and fun too. Great Cars great quality

Warnerade
09-07-2005, 05:46 PM
good luck finding something like that again....might as well just swallow your pride and go to a dealer, try to work out a good deal and call it a day

Ralph
09-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
good luck finding something like that again....might as well just swallow your pride and go to a dealer, try to work out a good deal and call it a day

I have very good patience... Thats how i got it in the first place

TheFontMaster
09-07-2005, 06:52 PM
It looks like it's fixable, but with alot of work. I would sugest colecting the inshuracne money, and then part it out on ebay over the next couple months. You can get alot more money for it by parting it out, but it's alot more trouble.

Ralph
09-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
It looks like it's fixable, but with alot of work. I would sugest colecting the inshuracne money, and then part it out on ebay over the next couple months. You can get alot more money for it by parting it out, but it's alot more trouble.

i wouldnt mind doin it but id have so much **** left over

plus, most mercedes owners are shopping for new parts on ebay so i dont htink they will be a hot seller. Only thing that would sell would be the rims and like the sound system.

bulkdriverlp
09-07-2005, 07:36 PM
just another inexperienced driver. shouldnt swerve to miss animals, you learned the hard way that you will loose control and do more damage. human beings are the only thing i swerve for.

Warnerade
09-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
just another inexperienced driver. shouldnt swerve to miss animals, you learned the hard way that you will loose control and do more damage. human beings are the only thing i swerve for. ya..i guess swerving wasnt in this guys best interest either:o

Quad18star
09-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
just another inexperienced driver. shouldnt swerve to miss animals, you learned the hard way that you will loose control and do more damage. human beings are the only thing i swerve for.

I can tell you this much , I'd rather swerve and take the ditch , than end up with a moose in the driver's seat . Now I'm guessing it wasn't a moose that he swerved for , but if car that size would hit something like a moose you'd better count your lucky stars IF you come out of it alive .

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/graphics/moose1_small.jpg
http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/graphics/moose2_small.jpg
http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/graphics/moose3_small.jpg
http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/graphics/moose4_small.jpg

JDiablo
09-07-2005, 07:49 PM
^^^ haha lmfao

But at least your alright Ralph,where did this happen though because i know you live like 15 mins away from me

Ralph
09-07-2005, 08:03 PM
it happend on route 202 towards oakland.

And dont tell me im an inexperience driver. I am a new driver. i am not some queersteer who cant drive for his life. Nobody wants to hit a deer. I thought id manage it and get around it without ****ting on my day. Now if there was a car in the road coming at me and the deer was infront u know i wouldnt swearve. It was a really bad situation especialy with the drop in the road letting the rear end kick out even easier. and i know almost doesnt count but i almost had it,,,lol.

Ralph
09-07-2005, 08:07 PM
ontop of it all i spent like 2 hours cleaning it the day before...:o

oh an for those of you who dont know what a "Feroucious beast" is, it is a deer. and it was quite large too...

Chino
09-07-2005, 09:20 PM
ontop of it all i spent like 2 hours cleaning it the day before...:o

oh an for those of you who dont know what a "Feroucious beast" is, it is a deer. and it was quite large too...

bet it was the same one that kicked tommy's *** :devil:

Mxjunkie
09-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Ralph, looks fixable. They will have to strip the front end, take it to a frame machine, get all new parts and bend back every mount etc. I'd say its about 3-5 grand to fix it maybe more depends where it goes.

I work in autobody if your wondering :p

Tommy 17
09-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Chino
bet it was the same one that kicked tommy's *** :devil:

FU chino:grr: :blah: haha

i won't swerve for a deer... i hit the peddle down... after a certain speed they just bouce off...

Ralph
09-07-2005, 09:45 PM
parts are so expensive it would be about 9k to fix. And like i said, the Bodyshop manager from Mercedes Benz Manhatten thinks its totaled too so ill take his word seing how he works with them all day

250rmike
09-07-2005, 10:08 PM
i bet it was the same deer that made me do almost the same thing in my bmw. sept i went into some woods. it was the deer that ran out in front of me:rolleyes: i think everyone who has wrecked a car has told insurance this at one time or another

dirtmomma
09-08-2005, 08:15 AM
I saw dirtmomma's thread and it drew a tear reading about her new car with the leather and so on so i figured id try some type of support group typa' deal with this thread,,,

LMAO sorry Ralph :(:( didn't mean to get you upset ;) SORRY to hear about your car, that thing is SAWEETTTT

zephead400ex
09-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
...SORRY to hear about your car, that thing is SAWEETTTT

Correction: was SAWEETTTT :D

Sorry about your luck bro, but at least you walked away without having your head protrude through the windshield! :ermm:

tacundra
09-08-2005, 11:57 AM
"there was a feroucious beast on the road."
translation: " I was going way too fast for the curve"..

Warnerade
09-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by tacundra
"there was a feroucious beast on the road."
translation: " I was going way too fast for the curve".. you my friend, are an idiot. If you have no idea what happened, dont try and voice your opinion on what happened.

Ralph
09-08-2005, 05:11 PM
im not one to usualy complain about people flaming or saying useless things nor does it bother me now, but i find it funny that you feel the need to comment on how i crashed and intending that i am lying.

Your instigating and argument over my accident, the one you were not at, the one which you never visited the scene of, and the one were you never viewed anything of that matter.

You need to STFU:macho