PDA

View Full Version : 440ex connecting rod

mossracing47
09-07-2005, 04:05 PM
what is you guys opinion on a connecting rod when installing a 440 kit. who makes them and how much trouble would the installation be?
thanxs,

cals400ex
09-07-2005, 04:09 PM
installation will suck because you need to split the cases. i would have a reputable engine builder do it so things can be balanced. maybe that isnt needed but it seems like the thing to do.

K_Fulk
09-07-2005, 09:17 PM
If your planning on keeping it awhile I would do it.

I did my bottom end for my 465, as long as you pay attention to the manual its pretty strait forward. If you have the equipment the rod instalation wouldnt be that hard either. But if you want it balanced I would send it out.

F-16Guy
09-08-2005, 11:41 AM
It would be a good idea, especially if you're going to be running a higher compression ratio. The stock rod might be okay, but then again, it might not. My advice would be to at least remove the crank assembly yourself; that will save you the most money. I would then send the assembly and the new rod to a good shop to have it swapped. I recommend a Carrillo rod. I would call Carrillo Industries and place the order so you know for sure that the application is correct. I got mine from them for $175 a while back. Good luck.