PDA

View Full Version : tires

400exrider26
09-07-2005, 02:51 PM
I need some new front tires and eventually back tires. I ride in the worlds rockest trails and also jump and race around on a track my friend made and i was wodering if i should get some 6 ply tires? But i dont want to become any slower or loss any power because of the extra weight>? does it affect the power or speed at all if i was to get some like 6ply holeshots? Do they really make much of a diffrence on the pucture aspects compared to 4 plys? because i just poped my front tire on the sidewall(very small tear/hole), if i hade some 6 plys would that have made much of a diffence? or would some holeshots or razor that are 4ply be more less likly to get a hole or tear then the stock 4 ply tires? thanks

MadMax27
09-08-2005, 03:15 PM
I must ride yer trails then... I love my Razr2's 6-Ply, cant feel any weight difference vs a stock tire. For the rocky trails of Grafton, Speculator, The Berkshires etc.... I have a set of ITP MudLites all around. Lightest 6-ply Mud tire, I hate them for jumping, but for the harsh trails, Ive shredded dirt-devils, so I wont buy those again. A good all-around tire is the All-Trak, and Sur-Trak, depending on how bad the trails are. The All-Traks are good for jumping and can take some punishment too. I had them on my old Blaster. Good tire, but not the best.