PDA

View Full Version : Help with Edelbrock carb

ccole400EX
06-09-2002, 08:30 PM
I'm buying a used Edelbrock carb and i would like to know if anyone knows where i could get a throttle cable to work with my twist throttle. Also would anyone know what needle should i start out with. I have some mods done to my 400. 416, HRC cam, WB slip on pipe, and GT Thunder head porting so i'm thinking this is the missing peace to the puzzle. Thanks for any help and have a good day.

JustRace
06-09-2002, 10:31 PM
I can't help you with the twist throttle question, but I can with the others.

It comes installed with a 16 size needle. That seems to be working fine on my 440. Your 416 probably puts out more power than mine so you mite even have to go to 17. The needle controls the mixture from 2500rpms to wide open. I would find out what needle is in the carb now, then go from there. Even though I haven't changed my needle it seams like it would be farely simple. If you don't get the instructions with your carb just PM me and i'll try and help you out.

I'm also running 7 clicks from full rich on the idle adjustment (800-2500rpms).

MX MadMann
06-10-2002, 05:17 AM
hey did you have to grind out your thumb throttle housing to get that carb to open up fully? i was thinking about buying one and someone brought up the point that they will not open fully without that modification to the housing.