PDA

View Full Version : Pivotr Works shock bearings??

whipit
09-20-2001, 04:24 PM
I have some slop in my lower shock mount bushings on my 99 400 ex so i ordered a set of Pivot works (very nice stuff i may add) "shock bearings". well, i dont see how in the hell they could be made for the lower shock mount since they come with needle bearings that are not in the stock setup... also the diameter of the needle bearing seems to be wrong even if i was able to somehow press out the bronze bushing that is in there stock. anyone know if these are mislabeled or something? the honda dealer microfiche shows only the bushing as replacable. i dont think this kit is for the linkage because the linkage (rear) has 4 bearings not two HELP

09-21-2001, 07:39 AM
Are you sure it's not for the rear shock linkage..:confused:

whipit
09-21-2001, 07:50 AM
i wondered if it could be for the rear linkage, but the linkage has four bearings in four different places.... this "shock bearing" kit only came with two bearings, bushings, seals, etc. i took a front shock off again and looked at it with the seal pulled out again last night: there is no way that these bearings could be put in the lower shock pivots without machining the shocks at least a few thousandths.

rhino99
09-21-2001, 08:21 AM
Call Pivot works and ask them, I am sure that they wouldnt sell something which needs to have machining done and not tell you that.