PDA

View Full Version : I got a BRAND NEW car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirtmomma
09-07-2005, 08:01 AM
Ok well I got my 1st new car EVER last week :) I LOVE it, it's a 2005 Huyndai Elantra GT :D:D:D yep it's a Korean made but how can we go wrong w/ the GREAT warranty & gas mileage?? Heck it only had 23 miles on it WHOOHOO It's loaded w/ options, got the aftermarket sun-roof,4 whl disc brakes,sport tuned suspension(at least I have it on my car LOL) A/C,CD,leather thruought, fancy fancy fancy!!!!
Heck I'm an OLD woman & have NEVER had a new car, we decided to get me one after the head gasket went on our Chev 4x4 :(:( I drove the BIG gas hogs(suburban&chev) while Ron drives his little p/u too work, so now we should be saving some more $$ since gas is SO CHEAP HAHAHA J/K!!!!!! Hell it goes about 400 mi on a full tank now that is NEAT!! It's ALOT different getting used to a small car again though after driving trucks for 7 yrs I will say, man get on the freeway & wonder was I that rude LMAO yea probably :o

knighttime
09-07-2005, 08:39 AM
you sure are gonna save some money with that thing. good luck to ya! :D

250rmike
09-07-2005, 11:41 AM
i used to work at a ford dealership good choice though. as long as you didnt buy a kia man those things suck. huyndai is making better and better cars. just make sure you keep up with the reccomended services cause if you dont they void your warrenty

dirtmomma
09-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Yeah I used to work @ a couple dealerships about 10yrs ago :eek2: & the huyundai's that came in were JUNK!!! Nobody ever wanted them & were pretty much POS's but they've had quite a few years to work out the bugs & what nots, my car is ranked #2 w/ the accord(I think) for customer satisfaction & dependability, plus it got 5 stars in the crash tests so I feel pretty safe!! OH yes we will definetly keep up the maintenace!!
:)

TheFontMaster
09-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
, plus it got 5 stars in the crash tests so I feel pretty safe!! OH yes we will definetly keep up the maintenace!!
:)

Try feeling safe when a truck like you used to own is about to crash into you:o :eek2: I'm just playin, I like huyndai's, and the gas milage is always a plus.

LTandRaptorider
09-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Alright! congrats on the new car! Haven't seen you on here in awhile... guess you've been busy picking out the color! I see you didn't go with the color of my truck... :p

btw... I must take exception to you saying you are old... since I'm older than you, youngun! :blah:

sickmojave
09-07-2005, 04:55 PM
I have an 03 almost like it with every option I could get and I love this car. Great gas mileage and never had 1 seconds trouble with it. did you get the wood trim inside? that really makes the inside look good..;)

JDiablo
09-07-2005, 05:08 PM
thats sweet,i would say that is a good investment,it will save you alot of money on gas,i have a focus and it does pretty good on gas for only a 13 gallon tank

dirtmomma
09-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Alright! congrats on the new car! Haven't seen you on here in awhile... guess you've been busy picking out the color! I see you didn't go with the color of my truck... :p

btw... I must take exception to you saying you are old... since I'm older than you, youngun! :blah:

HI you :D how you doin?? Just haven't been on in awhile, we haven't been racing/riding FOREVER :(:(:( Makes for a sad Momma but I'll be OK
NO they didn't have PINK :blah: damnit or I WOULD OF had it & you know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I do feel old though!! ;) felt like a damn woosey last weekend we FINALLY DID go camping for the weekend & I actaully got to ride my quad :eek2: :eek: we haven't done anything since July @ the jamboree but now it's time to start getting the boyz ready for the indoor winter series :) maybe that'll SNAP me out of it hahahaha
take it easy Bart :D

Sickmojave......No I didn't get the wood dash, glad to hear you haven't had any probs w/ yours how many miles do you have on it?? Just curious did you do all the maintenance ect?? Was it spending??

JOEX
09-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Congrats Kym:macho :)

QuadJunkies
09-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Congrats girl!! We too just bought a a new Econo Car ,with prices rising in fuel ,we had to pass up the 350 I wanted :( So we only have the one truck now .

dirtmomma
09-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Congrats girl!! We too just bought a a new Econo Car ,with prices rising in fuel ,we had to pass up the 350 I wanted :( So we only have the one truck now .

Cool what did ya get?? Yep know what your saying about the gas!! If our Govenor would get off her *** our prices would drop .30 OVERNIGHT but she wants the $$ :mad: :mad: it's pretty damn stupid if ya ask me!!! Hell we're paying $3 or MORE a gallon I could run race gas for that price!! I haven't bought any of that in awhile so I don't know how high that is either!!!!
We still got BOTH trucks LOL, my suburban is for sale in my yard, we'lll see I'll be taking a hit on that but oh well if it doesn't sell then I guess it doesn't I know I sure wouldn't be out buying one now LOL,

QuadJunkies
09-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Cool what did ya get?? Yep know what your saying about the gas!! If our Govenor would get off her *** our prices would drop .30 OVERNIGHT but she wants the $$ :mad: :mad: it's pretty damn stupid if ya ask me!!! Hell we're paying $3 or MORE a gallon I could run race gas for that price!! I haven't bought any of that in awhile so I don't know how high that is either!!!!
We still got BOTH trucks LOL, my suburban is for sale in my yard, we'lll see I'll be taking a hit on that but oh well if it doesn't sell then I guess it doesn't I know I sure wouldn't be out buying one now LOL, We bought a Dodge Neon, Its mainly used for Troy since hes got alot farther to Drive per day than I do to work :) . Its taken some gettin used to after driving the truck....SMALL!

400grl
09-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Congrats!! Nothing like smelling a new car every time you get in it!!! :) My only new anything was my 2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab.......till my ex rolled it and totalled it....the *******. :mad: :grr:

I have an ungly little 96 metro that I drive every day to work (70 miles round trip) - my Z71 is only for weekends now.....can't afford the gas!!!

Just watch out for the crazies.....driving a little car makes you REALLY careful!!! :)

QuadJunkies
09-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
Congrats!! Nothing like smelling a new car every time you get in it!!! :) My only new anything was my 2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab.......till my ex rolled it and totalled it....the *******. :mad: :grr:

I have an ungly little 96 metro that I drive every day to work (70 miles round trip) - my Z71 is only for weekends now.....can't afford the gas!!!

Just watch out for the crazies.....driving a little car makes you REALLY careful!!! :) thats What I told Troy theother day, if we got hit by a big ole diesel...... Were road kill :scary:

dirtmomma
09-08-2005, 10:22 AM
YEP definetly takes ALOT of getting used to driving such a small car especially on the freeway but it's great to play on the curvy roads :devil: LOL

So Tina are you racing FT this winter?? How's the summer racing been going?? Have you guys done any?? Haven't been on here in awhile so don't really know whats going on :) I will NOT be racing this winter :( DJ is running the 300 & his blaster hopefully the 300 is not going to be a PIA again like last year!! WE have found out to NOT lower the rear then it doesn't throw the chain :o it's VERY picky on that issue, I REALLY need new shocks cuz all 3 are blown :( but it'll work for the FT!!

QuadJunkies
09-08-2005, 10:27 AM
YEP definetly takes ALOT of getting used to driving such a small car especially on the freeway but it's great to play on the curvy roads :devil: LOL

So Tina are you racing FT this winter?? How's the summer racing been going?? Have you guys done any?? Haven't been on here in awhile so don't really know whats going on :) I will NOT be racing this winter :( DJ is running the 300 & his blaster hopefully the 300 is not going to be a PIA again like last year!! WE have found out to NOT lower the rear then it doesn't throw the chain :o it's VERY picky on that issue, I REALLY need new shocks cuz all 3 are blown :( but it'll work for the FT!!

I havent done alot of racing this summer ,I done Two State Series and one local MX. Troy was laid up for over a Month broken , so I felt really guilty racing,I also had to send off my axle,which took a month to get back.We are now doing my rebuild, its COMPLETLY torn down , My tranny had to be rebuilt, (again!:grr: ) and a new clutch kit, but other than that, she will be getting a facelift, Im sending my frame to Pappy soon as I get time to box it all up, plastic ect...
I am planning on FT racing again this winter, I havent done it since my wreck:ermm: should be interesting, Troy too should be racing ......... on his NEW quad ,were gonna get serious about buying one here very shortly :D

and of course, the kids will as well.... :)

dirtmomma
09-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Thats cool your re-doing your quad :) Damn girl I WISH I could do mine LOL, I'm STILL riding around w/ broken rear plastics(they are TOTALLY stitched now :o )looks like chit!!! DJ thinks it looks intimidating LOL, SOMEDAY i'll get new plastics hahaha so are you selling your old ones?? Just curious, what color did you decide on for the frame that purplish?? Thats pretty nice!! We need to get Trev a pipe for the Kasea then he'll be ready, DJ also needs a new pipe for the blaster now that it is a big bore we're still trying to figure out which one, it has too be BIG so that baby can BREATHE :devil: then we need to get brakes on it still................gee imagine that huh :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so are you guys going w/ the HOnda or Yammi 450?? Good luck w/ it & you KNOW you'll be racing that one too :D:D hell I'd just leave yours like it is :blah: ;)

QuadJunkies
09-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Thats cool your re-doing your quad :) Damn girl I WISH I could do mine LOL, I'm STILL riding around w/ broken rear plastics(they are TOTALLY stitched now :o )looks like chit!!! DJ thinks it looks intimidating LOL, SOMEDAY i'll get new plastics hahaha so are you selling your old ones?? Just curious, what color did you decide on for the frame that purplish?? Thats pretty nice!! We need to get Trev a pipe for the Kasea then he'll be ready, DJ also needs a new pipe for the blaster now that it is a big bore we're still trying to figure out which one, it has too be BIG so that baby can BREATHE :devil: then we need to get brakes on it still................gee imagine that huh :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so are you guys going w/ the HOnda or Yammi 450?? Good luck w/ it & you KNOW you'll be racing that one too :D:D hell I'd just leave yours like it is :blah: ;) Im selling my Silver, want 1st dibs??!! Yes- the Candy Purple is what I chose ;)

You and the Fam will have to come play for a wk end. Im ordering my new plastic tomorrow, let me know if you want it and Ill send you some pics of it

LOL Troy is still undecided, hes been wanting the Yami, but may change his mind depedns how long it takles the 06 Honda to come out too. He actaully said I can have the new one if I want!! :eek: :devil: