View Full Version : Richard Pelchat wins 4th ATV National Championship .

Quad18star
09-07-2005, 07:40 AM
The fifth round of the CMRC Canadian ATV championship was held in Valleyfield, 45 minutes west of Montreal. The Valleyfield supercross-style track is always a favorite for the ATV National racers. The event always brings a lot of spectators. This fast and narrow track is always packed with exciting racing action.

Team Splashn Dirt Yamaha Canada Richard Pelchat was in excellent condition coming into Valleyfield after 2 weeks off where he took the necessary time to rest his body and mind. He was now looking fresh and in super shape. Indeed, Richard changed his normal training schedule to spend 1 day practicing at the Octane Pack in La Tuque, Qc.

PRO-AM 450 (Saturday)
In the first race of the day, it was Yvan Pelchat who pulled the holeshot. Richard quickly made a magic move while Yvan was still all smiles about his holeshot. Richard led the race from there and never looked back. Mid-way through the race Yvan started to suffer from major arm-pump on the rutted track. He crossed the line in 12th.

The second PRO 450 race made Richard sweat a little bit as he started the race in 5th. Richard, who is always up for the challenge, quickly took the spot that he is so familiar with, first place. Yvan got a good start again on his YFZ 450 coming out of the first corner in 3rd but finished 10th for 10th overall. Thanks to the 1-1 finished Richard was able to secure the number 1 plate in the Pro-am 450 on his Yamaha.

PRO-OPEN (Sunday)
While weather was perfect on Saturday for the 450 PRO-AM heats, the heavy rains during the night turned the supercross-style track into a mud hole. The conditions were so bad that some riders didnt take their position on the starting gate. With the muddy conditionsthe start would be the key. Richard, siting on is rocket fast Yamaha, pulled the all important holeshot and led the race from start to finish. Behind Richard the ATVs were splashing the thick mud on one another. The ATVs weighed a good 100lbs more at the end of the race due to the mud accumulation. The second moto of the day provided a lot more excitement for the fans. Indeed Richard got stuck in the first corner stalling his engine. Richard would be starting out dead last and a good 10 seconds behind the last rider. The fans didnt care much about the leaders anymore, all of the focus and attention was on Richard as he started picking positions one after the next and sometimes 3 at a time. After only 3 laps Richard was in 5th, then 2 laps later he had moved into 3rd but the YFZ, which had worked flawlessly, bogged down for a few seconds right in front of the double section. Richard took it easy and removed his goggles thinking his race was over but after a little while the engine came back to life. Richard started chasing the pack but didnt quite achieve what he wanted.Fans couldnt believe what they just saw before their eyes. Richard finished 3rd side by side with #54 Samuel Raymond who finished 2-2. That meant that Richard with his 1-3 finishes still had the overall and to top it off he also sealed his 4th consecutive Open-Pro National Championship. His incredible heat winning streak stopped at 41!

Richard commented" This is awesome, I would like to thank everyone, every sponsor that helped me out. This is for you. It has been so much fun racing on my super fast YFZ 450

Thanks to all our sponsors:

Yamaha Canada, Splashn Dirt, Elka Suspension, RP Evolution, DMC pipes, ITP, Torco oils, Torco race fuels, SS performance, Shot race gears, Team industries, Web Cams, JE Pistons, AC racing, Keihin, Trail Tech, Powermadd, Outerwears, Maier, Effigi, Streamline brakes, TerryCables, Yuasa, Leader, Quro Metal.

Quad18star
09-07-2005, 07:42 AM
I'd like to congratulate Richard on his championship . Pretty impressive 41 heat winning streak also .

09-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Congrats to Rich, although im getting a bit tired of seeing him win all the time:ermm: Oh well it`s going to be tight as hell when Jasmin Plante makes his comeback next year, word is that he will be racing at the montreal supercross:)

Quad18star
09-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Superman Sam
Congrats to Rich, although im getting a bit tired of seeing him win all the time:ermm: Oh well it`s going to be tight as hell when Jasmin Plante makes his comeback next year, word is that he will be racing at the montreal supercross:)

How has Jasmin been lately?? Have you talked to him or seen him around at all? Did he just decide to take the year off , or was it because of his injury? I heard the crash was pretty nasty , but didn't hear very many details about it .

Speaking of the Montreal Supercross , my buddy is trying to get an invite to go and race . He won every Moto this year in his division and this was his first year racing quads . He switched from being a top MX racer to race quads and he cleaned up . Won the championship with 2 rounds left to go .

09-07-2005, 01:29 PM
My friend talked to Jasmin on sunday at deschambeault, he was doing real fine. He decided not to race at all this year to heal his 2 legs up cause he broke both of his legs last year at a national(can`t remember the full name of the track). He was supposed to race for Honda and win the canadian championship for them but I think he made the good choice by taking a year off. As of your friend he could maybe manage to get an invite, not sure about it though I really can`t tell you, he would have to talk to the people who take care of the invitations.

Quad18star
09-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Superman Sam
My friend talked to Jasmin on sunday at deschambeault, he was doing real fine. He decided not to race at all this year to heal his 2 legs up cause he broke both of his legs last year at a national(can`t remember the full name of the track). He was supposed to race for Honda and win the canadian championship for them but I think he made the good choice by taking a year off. As of your friend he could maybe manage to get an invite, not sure about it though I really can`t tell you, he would have to talk to the people who take care of the invitations.

Thanks for the info . I didn't know he broke both legs .. i thought it was only 1 leg . :S

Atkins
09-07-2005, 01:50 PM
I know hes the fastest in Canada and all, but didnt he come in like 18th when he raced his first GNC in the pro class?

09-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeah but that was his first GNC, I think his best finish was 2nd or 2rd in 2003 behind Kory Ellis at mount morris, not sure about the track though. But I have to admit, the pros here in canada are slower than in the u.s. It`s starting to get lame, the pro gate is like only 10 riders, MAXIMUM 15. The races in my town this summer were ridiculous, Richard Pelchat beat everyone and was lapping everyone, i think he lapped people up to the 5th position, its pathetic, he had a more than 40 second lead over everyone, and its like that every race. That`s why I`m so eager for Plante to come back and roost Pelchat!

DEAL
09-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Anyone going to Montreal supercross?

Quad18star
09-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by DEAL

When is it?? :confused: I know its usually the end of september , but I haven't heard much about it this year .

OUEL#41
09-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by DEAL

yes, and i will race!

DEAL
09-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
When is it?? :confused: I know its usually the end of september , but I haven't heard much about it this year .

yeah thats around the time .. I will get an exact date .. I know a few people racing in it this year.

09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
it`s october 2nd

OUEL#41
09-07-2005, 04:42 PM
no. october 1st

09-07-2005, 07:14 PM
haha alright then:o are you from quebec?

Quad18star
09-19-2005, 06:55 AM
Best season ever for Richard Pelchat

Submitted By : CMRC Head Office
Date Posted : Friday, September 16, 2005

Final round National ATV race, Lac Megantic, Quebec
10-11 September 2005

Richard Pelchat was all smiles for the last and final round of National ATV championship as he had all ready sealed the PRO 450 and the PRO OPEN class in Valleyfield 2 weeks prior. The track of Lac Megantic is situated 2 hours east of Sherbrooke, QC. The track is one of most appreciated by all racers but it is definitely the best track for the fans as they can see 99% of action from the grand stand.

PRO-AM 450 (Saturday)
Richard did not get a straight shot out of the gate which left him in about 8 places, but a tangled in the second corner left him even farther. He then put a quick lap to catch up with the leaders unfortunately he collided with the James Bank and was projected in the air. Richard hit the ground pretty hard but able to remount his YFZ 450 after a little bit. With his mechanic writing Practice on the pit board, Richard rode smooth watching for different line. Without knowing it Richard was riding about 4 second faster than the leader. After catching and passing most of the pack, he finished 6th. For the second moto of the day Richard was determined to win the last moto of the 2005 season of the PRO 450 and he did that with style. With a powerful holeshot Richard took control of the race and started racing the clock, riding fast and pushing hard. At the end of the race, Richard had an unbelievable lead over second place, Dave Larochelle.

PRO-OPEN (Sunday)
Before the hot lap, the CMRC official presented Richard Pelchat the No.1 plate of the 2005 National Championship in front of the fans.
This did not affected Richard concentration as he took controls of the race from the start. He raced aggressively in preparation for the Montreal Supercross and lapped more than half the field. The second and last moto of the season was the one that would settle the position for the position 2 to 10. Only a few points separated each racers. Richard started in the 7th position but after 2 laps he had taken control of the lead and finish the season the same way he startedwith the victory.

Thanks to all our sponsors:

Yamaha Canada, Splashn Dirt, Elka Suspension, RP Evolution, DMC pipes, ITP, Torco oils, Torco race fuels, SS performance, Shot race gears, Team industries, Web Cams, JE Pistons, AC racing, Keihin, Trail Tech, Powermadd, Outerwears, Maier, Effigi, Streamline brakes, TerryCables, Yuasa, Leader, Quro Metal.

http://www.cmrcracing.com/news/images/Lac_megantic_05_%20007w.jpg

http://www.cmrcracing.com/news/images/Lac_megantic_05_%20041w.jpg

Ex_Rider43
09-19-2005, 11:51 AM
congrats to richard, even if the competition is not really there , he raced really good all year long.

he crashed at lac-megantic in the first moto and started to work his way to the front of the pack but he got on his bike to late I think.

i cant wait for jasmin to comeback and being a threat for pelchat because there wasnt any fight for the first place , the action was always for the 2nd , 3rd , 4th place between laflamme , larochelle meunier ect...

at unadilla richard was sick or something so thats maybe why he wasnt at 100% .

Im going to the montreal supercross on october 1st also !!

400exBro
09-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Richard was suffering from a cold, or alergies when we talked to him at unadilla...

Does anyone know who took 2nd in canada?
From what i heard it was James Banks.
Speaking of James he could easily run with Plante and Pelchat, but he doesn't train hard enough, if he puts more effort into his racing career he might actually win...

Quad18star
09-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
Richard was suffering from a cold, or alergies when we talked to him at unadilla...

Speaking of James he could easily run with Plante and Pelchat, but he doesn't train hard enough, if he puts more effort into his racing career he might actually win...

I watched Banks run yesturday at R.J's and he walked away with it . Him and Greg Gee were half a lap out front of everyone else . My buddy Shawn Marinoff took 3rd . Watch out for this kid next year ... he took 1st place in every moto in his Junior class this year .. last race of our series he switched to Pro and took 1st also . This weekend was his first race down south against the pros and took a 3rd place ... not too bad . Oh and this is his first year riding and racing quads . :eek2:

400exchick
09-19-2005, 02:47 PM
The supercross in montreal is October 1st at the Stade Olympique.

400exBro
09-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Justin Petker wasn't there because he got a really bad concusion from a accident james banks and Justin got it durning the race at auburn hills... Justin can hang with james, a little bit faster then Gee, but those three are usally the front runners in the south.

I am going to intermidate next race at gopher...

hurleygurl_7
06-19-2006, 06:01 PM

i know that this post is quite old but i just wanted to comment on the comment that you made about james bank. knowing him personally i just wanted to say that riding is what he does FOR FUN and he absolutely loves doing it, but unlike richard pelchat and jasmin plante he has to work at a regular job to support this hobby. if he wasnt working 40+ very irregular hours a week im positive he would train so much more, but then again if he wasnt working he wouldnt be able to be racing since he pays for everything himself... this is the same way with many great riders.. they have the talent and ambition, but money is what really helps them or holds them back. just my opinion, and something to think about.

400exBro
06-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by hurleygurl_7
i know that this post is quite old but i just wanted to comment on the comment that you made about james bank. knowing him personally i just wanted to say that riding is what he does FOR FUN and he absolutely loves doing it, but unlike richard pelchat and jasmin plante he has to work at a regular job to support this hobby. if he wasnt working 40+ very irregular hours a week im positive he would train so much more, but then again if he wasnt working he wouldnt be able to be racing since he pays for everything himself... this is the same way with many great riders.. they have the talent and ambition, but money is what really helps them or holds them back. just my opinion, and something to think about.

Thank you very much for pointing something out that wasn't clear on my behave. I know what you mean by doing it for fun, and it gets quite expensive for a hobby. I had to pay for everything on my honda with no help from sponsors. I am not sure who sponsors James, but there is no doubt in my mind that if James took a bit of time and sent some resumes to some companies in the States (East Coast, KandK, JH racing etc...) he would be able to pick up some sponsors. That would help him out. I am just sharing my opinion as a racer, and would also like to help James out because he is an excellent racer and I would like to see him win the Canadian championship, as well as doing well in the GNC's.

hurleygurl_7
06-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Thank you very much for pointing something out that wasn't clear on my behave. I know what you mean by doing it for fun, and it gets quite expensive for a hobby. I had to pay for everything on my honda with no help from sponsors. I am not sure who sponsors James, but there is no doubt in my mind that if James took a bit of time and sent some resumes to some companies in the States (East Coast, KandK, JH racing etc...) he would be able to pick up some sponsors. That would help him out. I am just sharing my opinion as a racer, and would also like to help James out because he is an excellent racer and I would like to see him win the Canadian championship, as well as doing well in the GNC's.

hey thanks for the reply. I totally agree that he could quite possibly get sponsors if he tried, and I will encourage him to do so. I hope that you, and everyone else who races for enjoyment, keeps it up because its a great sport and very entertaining. Also, which race did you take that picture at? thanks again for the reply and for your opinion!

hurleygurl_7
06-27-2006, 04:50 PM
oh and I just wanted to say also that James has been going out and riding every day for the past two weeks or so and hopefully it shows this coming weekend at the first national in Quebec!

400exBro
06-27-2006, 09:33 PM
That picture was taken at Gopher dunes the 2nd provincal race May 6 2006.
I wish James luck in the first national race!!!
i can't wait to see them ripe up RAT in July.

hurleygurl_7
06-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Paisley is a great track, I'm excited for that race too. It's the day after my birthday, so he better do good, haha