PDA

View Full Version : grease front end

drsleu23
09-06-2005, 09:35 PM
I have just recently bought a 400ex. I found that trying to grease the front end is a pain.. what i was thinking of doing was drilling the front a arm bolts and fitting them with a grease fitting. has anyone tried to do this? I work in a machine shop so access to the right equipment is not a problem but if anyone has any advice it'd be appreciated.

tater_kamik
09-07-2005, 04:39 AM
i can only imagine making it easier to do regular maintenence by putting a grease zerk on as a good thing

Trevor
09-07-2005, 05:53 AM
As long as it dosen't make the bolts weaker!

drsleu23
09-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Well that was really my question. was if anybody thought it would weaken the bolt? also i would like to do it to the rear swing arm.

TheFontMaster
09-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by drsleu23
Well that was really my question. was if anybody thought it would weaken the bolt? also i would like to do it to the rear swing arm.

I know it is alright to put grease fittings on the swingarm pivot area, I did that with my stock 250r swingarm. Although I remember reading somewhere that it isn't a good idea to put grease fittings on the stock a arm pivot area. However I can't give you a reson as to why you shouldn't.