PDA

View Full Version : A-Arm is loose?

TD53
09-06-2005, 07:51 PM
noticed today when i was riding that when i would drop off of a little embankment i could feel something loose and jar as it would drop off. so i started searching around and found that my left upper A-arm is loose where it connects to the frame (not real bad but if i shake it i can feel it wiggle). what do i just just tighten up the bolt there?

thanks alot
tyler

prepracing
09-06-2005, 09:38 PM
most likely it is the bushing inside there that is wore out, you could check the bolt, but if you over tighten it the a-arm won't pivot like it should

TD53
09-06-2005, 10:10 PM
do i just buy new bushings, and where can i find them?

thanks alot

tyler

prepracing
09-07-2005, 02:54 AM
yes, you can either go to your local dealer ship and by a stock replacement bushing or order a set of pivot works or some other aftermarket bushing kit to replace all of them. I think a pivot works kit runs about $75 on ebay and that will replace every one of your a-arm bushings, but if you buy a factory honda bushing you'll probably have to pay around $20 to $30 bucks just for that one. But check your bolt first to make sure thats the problem, however those bushings wearing out is a pretty common thing.