PDA

View Full Version : Back Firing...250ex

06-09-2002, 07:27 PM
i recently put a white brothers e-series on my 250ex, it has Twin air dual stage air filter, jets....it back fires alot......normal????

06-09-2002, 08:00 PM
more than likely you need to rejet you carb, sounds lean or too rich

Striker49
06-09-2002, 08:20 PM
Yep, you def need to rejet. Couldnt tell ya what you need to run though.

waloud
06-09-2002, 10:01 PM
Just got my exhaust done this week. Jeff@TheQuadshop hooked me up with a pretty good deal. What size of jet are you running? Jeff went up to a 100, it seems like it runs real good. I could tell some difference when I was riding today.

06-10-2002, 04:01 PM
wa loud, when i was getting the new pipe worked on, the guy said that the disks on the e-series was the jetting- and that i wouldnt need to rejet it...?

waloud
06-10-2002, 10:58 PM
I got the instruction's out tonight, and he is right. You should be able to bolt the pipe on and play with the disk to make it run right. To get your money's worth I would go ahead and jet the carb. There is performance and sound diference by going this way. I was really impressed with the gain. I would pm jeff@quadshop and talk to him. He's a real good guy, and he'll help you out.

Nausty
06-10-2002, 11:09 PM
yes but by playing with the disks you may lose what you bought the pipe for like running less disks for a quieter sound but more disks for better flow but louder sound. So it might be hard to tell if you got it right with jetting on the disks and seems like you would be capable of getting more power by having the carb adjusted right for how many disks your gonna be running.