PDA

View Full Version : Something Scary Is In My Garage

FourFiftyFour
09-06-2005, 07:55 AM
I woke up and I saw this little guy in my garage...naww I am just kidding...but heres a new addition to the garage... NOT my quad... though...I can use it for a backup if needed. A little bit about it...440, port and polish, web cam, jetted (of course), PEP shocks, an additional oil cooler (which I find interesting!) Anyways, that ya'll might get a kick that I am storing a 400ex in her garage since I am one of the few non-honda racers left.

(dont mind the dale in the pics..I have been WAITING for a month for my Fullbores to come in so disregard the horrible state that my plastics are in...yes I know they are held together with zip ties and duct tape)

FourFiftyFour
09-06-2005, 07:58 AM
another one...i will have better pics later...but right now i just had to get pics from in the garage

FourFiftyFour
09-06-2005, 08:02 AM
last one...right now i need to get a parking brake block off for it and some new tires....

wow my quad looks terrible with those plastics..they are so scratched up that it looks permanently dirty...yuck.

iceracer65
09-06-2005, 08:25 AM
that honda is gonna feel WAY slow compared to the 'dale.

...but its also WAY easier to work on:devil:

duke416ex
09-06-2005, 08:48 AM
JPMX, that shop isn't even an hour from me, I didn't realize their stuff was making it that far from home, I know you love your dale, but it is always nice to have a back up bike in case something happens.

dober250R
09-06-2005, 09:06 AM
haha, are those custom zip ties on the cdale? Those zip ties are saweeet!!! haha, j/p.
:blah:

jesshamner
09-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
JPMX, that shop isn't even an hour from me, I didn't realize their stuff was making it that far from home, I know you love your dale, but it is always nice to have a back up bike in case something happens.

Where exactly is this place at? I have been in BG for 4 years now and I still don't know. I heard something about it being towards Scottsville.

You're not downgrading are you Kara?

CannondaleRider
09-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Thats not duct tape...thats Oklahoma Chrome!!! It's all good.:blah:

prepracing
09-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
Where exactly is this place at? I have been in BG for 4 years now and I still don't know. I heard something about it being towards Scottsville.

yeah its close to Scottsville. Actually in Adolphus, KY 1070 Carter Church Rd. phone#270-622-5644, its just a small shop but he has tons of new & used aftermarket parts for the sport/race quads and new & used stock honda (some other brands to ) parts and some used quads. He does work on Jeremiah Jones bike and William Yokelys bike, also rookie pro Jeremy Lawson. The owner is a nice guy, its also just about an hour from my house, me and several other riders from my area visit there pretty often.

FourFiftyFour
09-07-2005, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner

no its not my quad. I can use it for a back up or play around on at the house..I am just storing it for someone. I just figured I would show everyone bc I was like the only person who had never had an EX....haha. even though I dont really "have" this one but its good enough to say it.

the dale is my main race bike... the only thing that will replace that is when I get a 450 of some sort...and that will only be when I can find a job :ermm:

duke416ex
09-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Just send your dale motor in to atk for them to upgrade it and make it into a 450, I would say that would be what would make you the happiest.

I see a lot of jpmx bikes at all the races I go to. I know there are some other shops in Scottsville also that do good work, I take some of my stuff down to Jeff Reynolds, he stays backed up though. I always heard jpmx was a good shop and good prices, and his daughter did race, I was always told she was fairly hot too, but I've never seen her.

FourFiftyFour
09-07-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by duke416ex
Just send your dale motor in to atk for them to upgrade it and make it into a 450, I would say that would be what would make you the happiest.

I just dont see my motor being very reliable after that... I finally got the quad running strong for a year straight so I dont think trying to make it into a 450 would be a good idea with its past. I just couldnt afford the upkeep on it like some of those guys can. However, if I found a 450 kit that proved to hold up and not give me a ton of bugs, then I would consider that if I had the money.

duke416ex
09-07-2005, 08:45 AM
I see what you are saying about the money part. I may be wrong, but I think when atk does it they put a factory warranty on it and it is supposed to be more reliable then it is before. The way I understand it they basically make it a new motor, new crank, new bearings, etc. but, why mess with it when you have it right now, kinda hard to take a chance on whether it would be better or not.

CannondaleRider
09-07-2005, 10:32 AM
I'd say, instead of having ATK build it...have Haydug built it.

Cheaper...and on a more personal level. Plus, you can have a lot of different things done to it that YOU want, not just a strait "Upgrade"

Thats where my motors at right now:macho

jesshamner
09-07-2005, 10:45 AM
^^^I agree.

WKY400EX
09-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
yeah its close to Scottsville. Actually in Adolphus, KY 1070 Carter Church Rd. phone#270-622-5644, its just a small shop but he has tons of new & used aftermarket parts for the sport/race quads and new & used stock honda (some other brands to ) parts and some used quads. He does work on Jeremiah Jones bike and William Yokelys bike, also rookie pro Jeremy Lawson. The owner is a nice guy, its also just about an hour from my house, me and several other riders from my area visit there pretty often. It's kind of in the sticks.:) Anyway, James Perry is a really nice guy, and will make sure you get everything you need. That room of used parts is crazy. jesshamner, use mapquest and get directions to JPMX. You'll like it.