PDA

View Full Version : Lt80 rear hubs needed

okieRrider
09-06-2005, 07:18 AM
Hey guys, the time has finally came. The splines in the rear hubs of my sons lt80 are no longer there.. the axle looks fine....lol Is this a common problem? or just part of the territory. I have noticed since i got the machine they have been loose and i would tighten them and one trip around the track and they are loose again. If any of you guys have a good set of rear hubs I would be interested in them....Thanks, Chris

My email is okieguy10@yahoo.com

okieRrider
09-06-2005, 09:24 AM
also, this lt80 seems to run good but doesn't have any bottom end to it. While at the dunes this weekend, we were with 2 other lt80's and they would just spin the tires in the sand. Ours on the other hand would spin some of the time but not fast and would just lug the engine without anytype of wheel spin. Could this be caused by the clutches or is it something else? The top end of the engine seems to be great and will scoot when she gets up to speed but just getting there seems to be the problem. Thanks in advance....Chris

P.S. as far as I know the quad is all stock with stock gearing. I pulled the original filter out a month ago after I recieved the bike and the spark plug looks to be the original and its a 96 model.

LT80
09-07-2005, 06:02 AM
Your lack of bottom end is in the clutchs.
Maintenence the clutchs and I'll bet it'll be fine.
The front clutch is prolly where the problem is. I'm sure new rollers will be needed.
FYI:: New hubs are $50 each (+/-)
I'll look and see if I have a set of used hubs.

okieRrider
09-07-2005, 06:11 AM
ok great thanks, where do get the new rollers at?