PDA

View Full Version : Break in

Iliketogofast
09-06-2005, 06:39 AM
All right, so I'm still in break in on my 250R, I'm about 8 hours in, doing high speed runs... And I left for the weekend and my little bro got ahold of the bike. From what I ehar from people that rode w/ him and saw him riding, he ran the hell out of it. How much will this hurt the bike? I swear to god If I have to spend another 100 bucks on gaskets/rings I'm beating the **** out of him!

NacsMXer
09-06-2005, 07:30 AM
I'm sure he didn't hurt a thing. Especially after being 8 hours into your break in because your rings have already seated to the cylinder wall. The first 20 minutes of ride time are the most crucial so you NEED to be riding it hard so the rings will seal properly to the cylinder. If you baby it, they won't fully seal causing a loss in compression and power that you would otherwise have if you did ride it aggressively.

bwamos
09-06-2005, 08:42 AM
Yup, he probably actually did you some good. ;)

crazycray200
09-11-2005, 09:38 AM
its nothing to worry about
u can hammer the **** out of it now it only takes about 1 hour

Iliketogofast
09-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Awesome.

XCredrider
09-11-2005, 06:07 PM
you cant just run a 2 strole hard like that when you are breaking it in. You have to baby it a little when you first get it going then just go through some heat cycles... about 3-4 and then you are good. on a four stroke you should run them hard from the start. just my .02. this is from experiance not just what ive heard