PDA

View Full Version : head pipe and tranny question

tran
09-06-2005, 05:49 AM
I have a friend with a yfz 450.The other day his LRD head pipe split open about 4 inches.Just wondering if this was a common thing which happens to this brand?Also when we were towing it home the tranny locked up.When we treid to shift it into first or neutral or ny gear for that matter it wouldnt shift.At first it would roll with the clutch pulled in but by the time we got it home it wouldnt even roll like that.Ny comments on what might be the first thing to check nd what might have caused this would be greatly appreciated.

prepracing
09-06-2005, 09:33 PM
did you look at the chain, it wasn't binding up against the case or something was it ?

tran
09-07-2005, 03:18 AM
It wasnt the chain,everything was good.Its definitly internal.

bwamos
09-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Perhaps he was running lean.
It will make your engine (and header) very very very (did I say very?) hot.

400exrider707
09-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by tran
I have a friend with a yfz 450.The other day his LRD head pipe split open about 4 inches.Just wondering if this was a common thing which happens to this brand?Also when we were towing it home the tranny locked up.When we treid to shift it into first or neutral or ny gear for that matter it wouldnt shift.At first it would roll with the clutch pulled in but by the time we got it home it wouldnt even roll like that.Ny comments on what might be the first thing to check nd what might have caused this would be greatly appreciated.

Your just going to have to dig in and take a look. I would contact LRD about the headpipe, I cant imagine it would just split from getting hot.

tran
09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Ok.thanks for the input