PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara Fatality??

cjkranz
09-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Trying to find out, (hoping) that this is only a rumor. Was anybody down at LS in Ok on Laborday weekend? Rumored that a 15 y.o. died at the bottom of Buttercup.......hope it wasn't true.

kssandduner
09-06-2005, 07:49 AM
I heard that too, don't know any details though.

Joe

zephead400ex
09-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by kssandduner
I heard that too, don't know any details though.

Joe

Looks to be true...:ermm:

http://www.ismasters.com/lsforum/viewtopic.php?t=1539

DaleJrFan
09-06-2005, 02:52 PM
thats kinda scary cause when i was up there a couple of weeks ago, the blond that comes and gets your camp money and i were talking about wrecks and stuff and she said over the past 4 years she had worked there, labor day always claims a life while sandfest and snake hunt people just get hurt. i hate to hear some one died.

zephead400ex
09-07-2005, 09:50 AM
The majority of the time when someone gets hurt or fatality injured, it's due to the fact that they are new to the sand and are not familiar with the layout of the dunes. This is not the case all the time, but it seems like it's the same story I hear every time.

cjkranz
09-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Several of my friends were down there on Saturday and just got back. They said that two quads collided when one of them was jumping over the top of a dune. Sounds like there wasn't a spotter for the jumper. IF thats the case, when will people learn?????

wilkin250r
09-07-2005, 12:51 PM
I don't have any sympathy for stupid riders. Whether they are not wearing a helmet, not familiar with sand and it's characteristics, or jumping without a spotter.

In fact, I have less than sympathy. It makes me want to kick them while they are down. It's people like them that are keeping me from enjoying my sport to the fullest.

zephead400ex
09-07-2005, 03:39 PM
I agree. If a person is dumb enough to ride with wreckless abandon on unfamiliar land, not wear protective gear, and/or jump with out a spotter then they deserve to get hurt. I don't like seeing or hearing people get hurt, but sometimes getting hurt is the only way some people learn.

And let me clarify that even though I have been to Little Sahara a good number of times, commen sense and attention is needed at all times every time due to shifting sand. You can never be sure where the bowls are, where the lips of the dune will be, or whatever else nature can pull up out of the sand.

Stupidity hurts!

cjkranz
09-07-2005, 04:11 PM
It MAY have been proven, stupidity not only hurts, it can KILL. What really irritates me is that someone else's stupidity can/may hurt/kill me or my family. Jumping over the crest of a dune without a spotter is a great example. This should be a family sport, but not if there is a great chance that some dumb**s will hit/run/jump into my wife or kids. If that happened, I hate to say it, but there would be a fatality, once I got my hands on the other rider!! This is not a sport for stupidity and second chances...learn from others, don't become a statistic..................

tater_kamik
09-08-2005, 12:11 AM
maybe i will have to ask for some pointers when i finally manage to get out to some dunes one day...