PDA

View Full Version : warrior pull start conversion

MoRePOWER
09-05-2005, 08:06 PM
can you put a pull start on a warrior?? i looked for them online, but didnt find one, but then i saw one on ebay that said it was for a warrior, but its a really old warrior, so would it still work on a newer one (1999)??
i got stuck in the dunes this weekend cause my quad wouldnt start, so i had to roll it down a hill everytime i wanted to start it again, and i dont wanna have to do that anymore....

thanx
cody

bwamos
09-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Piece of 15ft long tow rope w/ 2 hooks. 1 end to your bumper other end to your buddies quad. ;) Then "pull" start it.

I have a "sunset" style bumper on my 330 so I can keep 30ft of tow rope on it at all times. ;) Comes in very handy. Esp, when I have to haul my buddies dune buggy back to camp. He's cheap, It breaks down a lot. You can see the bumper in my avatar to the left. Can't see the tow rope.. but it is there.

bradley300
09-06-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by MoRePOWER
can you put a pull start on a warrior?? i looked for them online, but didnt find one, but then i saw one on ebay that said it was for a warrior, but its a really old warrior, so would it still work on a newer one (1999)??
i got stuck in the dunes this weekend cause my quad wouldnt start, so i had to roll it down a hill everytime i wanted to start it again, and i dont wanna have to do that anymore....

thanx
cody
the 97/89 or so had a recoil back up, i dont know whay they took it off, but i highly doubt the motor is any different. i would say it would bolt up to a newer warrior