PDA

View Full Version : Roll Design replacement pivots

rebelbanshee
09-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Im looking at a set of Roll arms that are a decent price, but need new pivots at the lower spindle mount. They are the encapsulated kind. Anyone know how expensive they are? Or if they can be had front a bearing/heim supplier instrad of from Roll. I fear they are going to be insainly expensive from Roll and the arms wont be a good deal after all.

Oh and do these use a OEM bushing at the frame mounts, or is it going to be funny size that will cost more when replacement is needed?

Thanks!!

benbuilt4u
09-05-2005, 07:28 PM
id also like to know :D

punker69q
09-06-2005, 05:04 AM
I think that roll and many other a-arms builder use products from this company
http://www.nhbb.com/products/spherical.cfm

I don't know if this company will sell small quantity, but you could probably find a distributor for them.

Yamahauler_04
09-06-2005, 08:24 PM
For what quad?

The spherical should be bought from Roll.

If it's for a Banshee or a YFZ, they use Warrior ball joints. Straight from Yamaha.

The other ends should be stock.

Call Roll just to be sure.

rebelbanshee
09-07-2005, 03:03 PM
its for a 250r. the lower spherical at the spindle mount and the upper heim at the spindle is what im wondering about.

Yamahauler_04
09-07-2005, 03:09 PM
I'd contact Roll. I'm not sure what he uses for those.

760-731-5920

benbuilt4u
09-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Yamahauler_04
I'd contact Roll. I'm not sure what he uses for those.

760-731-5920

any idea the price i need a set

Yamahauler_04
09-13-2005, 09:56 PM
Nope all my dealings have been for Yamaha stuff.

rebelbanshee
09-14-2005, 03:52 PM
called Roll, Being a doofus I didnt write down what he said, but Im pretty sure these are right the lower sphericals are are $35 a pop. upper heims are $50 each and bushing set is $96. I was supprised, I didnt think the prices were too unreasonable compared to other mfgs. parts. I am going to look for eqivalent parts from bearing suppliers though. Im sure they are just off the shelf parts.

Anyone know how well the Roll pivots hold up?? I have usually gone 1 year on heims. does anyone make boots to go onthe the sphericals? I think I have seen them before. I just picked up a set of these and a set of laegers for dirt cheap and am trying to decide which to go with....I like the laeger ball joints, but I love the ultimate sweetness of the Rolls...

benbuilt4u
09-14-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by rebelbanshee
called Roll, Being a doofus I didnt write down what he said, but Im pretty sure these are right the lower sphericals are are $35 a pop. upper heims are $50 each and bushing set is $96. I was supprised, I didnt think the prices were too unreasonable compared to other mfgs. parts. I am going to look for eqivalent parts from bearing suppliers though. Im sure they are just off the shelf parts.

Anyone know how well the Roll pivots hold up?? I have usually gone 1 year on heims. does anyone make boots to go onthe the sphericals? I think I have seen them before. I just picked up a set of these and a set of laegers for dirt cheap and am trying to decide which to go with....I like the laeger ball joints, but I love the ultimate sweetness of the Rolls...

if you find the equivalents post them here. also they do sell boots to cover the rolls im trying to thing were i saw them though

benbuilt4u
09-14-2005, 09:45 PM
heres the covers for the roll stuff

http://www.derisiracing.com/atv/products.htm

rebelbanshee
09-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Ive seen those..I was thinking something more like little rubber boots instead of giant gnarly bags

benbuilt4u
09-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Ive seen those..I was thinking something more like little rubber boots instead of giant gnarly bags

i just got all my stuff from JRD and its nicer and cheaper!

rebelbanshee
09-20-2005, 06:35 PM
link?

benbuilt4u
09-20-2005, 06:47 PM
link?

http://www.jrdmech.com/home.html

i spoke with joe :D