PDA

View Full Version : what shocks!!?

BLACKeR
09-05-2005, 04:16 PM
i know this can be a rough topic to bring up with so much brand loyalty and such, but i just have a couple quick querstions. i have a 250R and currently have WORKS tripple rates W/O ressies. i want a rebound and comp adj. fronts with ZPS/SSD etc. i have heard that you can get works re-built to have a simillar set up, is this true and is it worth it? i would like to get a pair of elkas or peps, but i see a lot of ohlins sell cheap, are they any good or is there a reason they are so cheap? i ride a little MX and mostly XC i need a shock that i can be adjusted to work descent at both. i am out riding the crap out of my WORKS and need new ones but dont really feel like blowign a whole lot of money if i dont have to. thanks in advance!!

sampleez
09-05-2005, 04:46 PM
i would answer........but cause of your sig........http://www.yfztech.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/1335.gif :mad:

quadracer04
09-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Santo Derisi has a thing called the "Millenium Kit" for works shocks. I guess he revalves them and stuff and makes them like Peps/elkas... He is a suspension genious so check it out:

Santo's site (www.derisiracing.com)

Pappy
09-05-2005, 05:19 PM
id sell off the works and pick anyone of the top brand shocks that suit what you are looking for.

BLACKeR
09-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Santo Derisi has a thing called the "Millenium Kit" for works shocks. I guess he revalves them and stuff and makes them like Peps/elkas... He is a suspension genious so check it out:

thats the one i was looking for, thanks, i thought i had heard about somethign like that just didnt know anythign about it.

i would answer........but cause of your sig........

please explain to me how im wrong other than ones on ice....

sampleez
09-05-2005, 07:44 PM
i was just stating that you're a stupid *** hole......that's all. just cause you're too scared to do tricks, don't mean you have to talk crap about people that aren't.

BLACKeR
09-05-2005, 08:12 PM
who says im talking crap? figure skaters do tricks hockey players run into each other and compete in a more physical manner. only one figure skater skates at a time and then hes scored on his tricks, the figure skater that does his tricks the best wins. racers compete in a physical manner as well. races require endurance, and a lot of strength and your probly going to get run into, much like hockey. where as in freestyle, only one rider competes at a time. and there scored on their ability to do tricks. now please please tell me where im talking crap!? as for me being too scared, yeah your right theres no way im putting on those silly tights you freestylers have to wear.....or wait is that figure skating, i always get them confused...?

Over-land 450r
09-05-2005, 08:51 PM
hahahahahaha

manson98
09-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Man that was a great point!!!!! Thanks for the laughs!

nemesis
09-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by manson98
Man that was a great point!!!!! Thanks for the laughs!
That was a lame point. You can't compare firgure skating to hitting a 100ft. jump and throwing a trick.

gkfx400
09-07-2005, 02:22 PM
hockey is gay anyways. what are we, a bunch of lame *** canadians?

manson98
09-07-2005, 02:27 PM
I don't know why not lets see you do a triple salchow. Thats pretty dam hard

rebelbanshee
09-07-2005, 03:00 PM
heck there are even figure skaters who do backflips!

TORO1968
09-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by nemesis
That was a lame point. You can't compare firgure skating to hitting a 100ft. jump and throwing a trick.

He wasn't comparing FMX to figure skating... He was saying that comparing freestyle to racing is analogous to comparing figure skating to hockey. ;)

BTW, his reasoning is quite good. :p

Like quadracer04 said, give Santo DeRisi a call if you would like to stay with your existing shocks. He'll get them working great for you!

raptorrider314
09-11-2005, 05:24 PM
How do the fox air shox compare to all the coil shocks?