PDA

View Full Version : sometimes once is enough!

RRP
09-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Had the 300ex out today where we usually ride.Was breaking a new section of trail that was really steep that stopped at the edge of a logging road..Going down was fine but my buddy said it was too steep to go up.SOOO I decided to try it anyways and I made it!I had to lean up on the handle bars but I made it with no problem.Well we road around some more and on the way back through I decided to try it again.BIG mistake.I stalled part way up,tried te readjust myself to start it back up and over it went straight back.I let go and landed right on my *****I tried to roll to the side but part of my 300 got me on the lower leg(not sure what part)Didn't break anything but I gave myself a few good bruises.Busted my headlight,bent my handle bars and scuffed up my throttle cover and master cylinder.So like the title says sometimes doing something supid once is enough!!

fastrider450r
09-05-2005, 05:23 PM
itll be alright...ull look back on this and just laugh.:macho

ZeroLogic
09-05-2005, 06:11 PM
ah that really sucks

reminds me of this one time when i was in our local pits i was going up a sand mountain and at the tippy top of the hill my tires got stuck and spun then stalled so i got myself pused back thanks to a couple of my friends and i started to roll backwards at the bottom of the hill. well it rained the nite before so there was a mud puddle and it was huge and i didnt want to get stuck in there so me being a blonde turned the handel bars a little bit well my tires got draged into the sand and they turned as much as possible so i fliped off my quad and it fliped on its side i didnt get hurt that bad just kiled my back and could barely walk for a few days still hurts sometimes to :p

300ex_ryda
09-05-2005, 07:10 PM
sounds fun...:D good to hear you didn't get hurt tho! i have had my times when iv'e fallen, and laughed a few months later!

RRP
09-06-2005, 03:54 AM
Iam alittle sore today but not as bad as I expected to be.I think my wheeler took it harder than me.Couldn't help but laugh about it since my handle bars are only about a month old and I just put the headlights on saturday :ermm:

bwamos
09-06-2005, 09:21 AM
300's are a bit scary on some of the bigger hills.
Low hp along with a really short wheelbase can make for some pretty unnerving runs, lol.

fastrider450r
09-06-2005, 11:43 AM
ive done some pretty steep hills on my 300 and luckely i never wrecked. ill post some pics when i get home cause im at school now.

300ex73
09-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Doesn't look to me like th bar are bent. I think it's prolly your steering stem. I had a friend that rolled his 400 down a hill and bent the steering stem so bad that the bars were laying against the side of the tank. But his Renthals were still in good shape.

RRP
09-06-2005, 02:27 PM
its definitely the bars.Aluminum tusks.You can see where the cross bar clamp moved about a 1/4".I guess it wasn't the greatest angle for the pic but its bent right next to the mount on the stem.

fastrider450r
09-06-2005, 07:28 PM
i noticed ur bars...its good u didnt bend the stem cause that would cost a lot more than handlebars!!!

also i saw were u put your key thats the exact spot were I put mine with the exact same FMF sticker behind it...if u can see it in the pic.

nice 300 by the way

Sjorge450R
09-06-2005, 08:02 PM
yeah thats were i have my key as well. And i put my neutral light on the other side. As for the reverse, I think i know when im in reverse.lol

RRP
09-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Thanks,FMF give out stickers like candy when you buy thier exhaust.I put my neutral and reverse light side by side above the ignition switch also.Don't really use either one but didn't want bare wires hanging round.I bent the bars back best I could last night.Got everything back together and ready go for this weekend.I will pick up another set of lights on payday.They were only $15 at walmart.Just glad I didn't buy the $20 ones :D

Sjorge450R
09-07-2005, 03:41 PM
how are you guys hooking those lights up???:confused:

RRP
09-07-2005, 04:56 PM
I used 1 of those cheapy 12 volt testers.Figured out which plug on the factory light socket was ground and which was power for the low beam.Used 2 male spade connectors.hook both grounds and both hots for the new lights together(hot to hot,ground to ground)crimped on the connectors and plugged them into the proper female on the factory headlight socket and taped everything up.They come on with the factory light switch and work with the other switch on low beam.

fastrider450r
09-07-2005, 07:08 PM
how do those light work with bumping and vibrating and stuff like that??

RRP
09-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Through all the riding I did on monday.Trail and racing around a track with a few jumps.The lights didn't move from where I set them.Even after I flopped it over they didn't move much. unfortunately I never got to try them out in the dark before I smashed them :rolleyes: I plan on getting another set on friday so I will report back how they are as soon as I can.The light that they give off is a nice bright white light.The original mounting holes were to close together so I bought 2 brackets from a local hardware store(not sure what they were ment for)but they are about 3" long and 1 1/2" wide,already had holes in them.Bent them to make them level.Bolted them in place using the original mounting holes and 2 new bolts that I got from the store also.Very solid mounting setup.