PDA

View Full Version : 300ex breaking up at high rpm's

RRP
09-05-2005, 03:00 PM
I was riding my 300ex today on an informal track that we ride on in a pasture.Anyways I noticed today that every now and then it would breakup right before I reached the top of the rpm's for that gear.Any Ideas what might cause this?My machine is an 05',I always run fresh gas(usually doen't stay in it long enough to get stale)My mods are listed below.This is the first time I had this happen.

Syrus
09-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Rev limiter ? If not sounds like it sucking to much air, have u rejeted ?

RRP
09-05-2005, 03:25 PM
My rev limiter is still intact.I rejetted to run with the lid off(according to the directions)but I run with the lid on.Possibly a faulty rev limiter?Or do I need to still go higher on my jet?I used a dynjet kit and installed the 128 jet which was the biggest one that was in the package.This is the 4th or 5th time I have road with this setup but today was the first time it did this.

bradley300
09-05-2005, 03:35 PM
take off your sidecover and make sure your stator is still tight. mine would wobble around and cut out the spark at high rpm's sometimes

hondardr4life
09-05-2005, 03:51 PM
My best guess is your hitting the rev limiter, I do it sometimes too. You could possibly be jetted wrong, but your probablly just hitting the limiter.

Happy 1000th post to myself- what a great way to spend it. :o

RRP
09-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Congrats on your 1000th :D Now that I am thinking about it more, it sounded the about same as when I hit one of the small jumps and don't let off the trottle.I was racing a guy with a modded 250x for the first time so I guess I could have been riding out the gear a little too long.I know I was running it pretty hard.I will have to pay better attention next time to see if thats what I am doing.Thanks for the quick reponses.