PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Katrina Update from down south

MichaelS693
09-05-2005, 12:33 PM
hey guys,

the past week has been hell, no gas, no electricity and people passing through to get to the what little gas we have. Gas stations are having trouble getting gas and keeping enough for everyone. Just the other day i waited in line for 4 hours to get a half a tank of gas and the prices are skyrocketing. The gas stations even have a limit on to how much gas u can get and some wont even let people put it in gas cans so they can put it in their generators. Me, well my house still does not have power but i know that the local energy companies are doing everything they can to get everyone back power ( im able to write this thread because im at a friends house in town and she has power). The hurricane itself did alot of damage and no one i mean NO ONE expected it to do what it did. We all were well aware of the fact that it would do damage but no one had any idea that it would do as much as it did. Altought, i was very fortunate enough to not have any damage done to my house, others weren't. Please keep everyone down here in your prayers including me and my family along with others on this board that was in worse places than myself. I just thought that some of you would like to hear from someone that was actually in the hurricane than seeing it on tv from soneone who has no idea. Words cannot in any way do the justice of how much damage was done. I honestly believe that New Orleans will not be the same for a very long time in anyway. Maybe not even in my lifetime. Anyway.... as i said i figured i would let everyone know how things are going... Keep it real guys and hopefully ill be back on this board within the next week.

-- Michael Smith
Brookhaven, Mississippi

zeppelin
09-05-2005, 12:42 PM
what towns are around brookhaven, my dad had to fly the petroleum pipelines down there and he actualy saw people getting shot over ice in colins, im in baton rouge and we just got power like 2 days ago

MichaelS693
09-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
what towns are around brookhaven, my dad had to fly the petroleum pipelines down there and he actualy saw people getting shot over ice in colins, im in baton rouge and we just got power like 2 days ago

yes thats another thing, people are gettin shot over gas and ice. brookhaven is a hour south of jackson and 20 min norht of mccomb. collins is about 30 mins from us i think to the east of us. there was a guy that shot another guy at one of our local gas station yesterday and in hattisburg a guy shot his sister!!! over a bag of ice!

JATV250
09-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by MichaelS693
yes thats another thing, people are gettin shot over gas and ice. brookhaven is a hour south of jackson and 20 min norht of mccomb. collins is about 30 mins from us i think to the east of us. there was a guy that shot another guy at one of our local gas station yesterday and in hattisburg a guy shot his sister!!! over a bag of ice!

I have a friend in Columbia Ms that i finally was able to get in touch with that said getting gas is like the movie Mad Max now. Long lines and people fighting and killing each other over gas. We didn't get too much damage from Katrina but gas is getting out of site here. I hope all of this will end soon. It is also getting hard to find a gas station with gas around here and when you do find it, you are limited to $20.00 worth of gas.

Pappy
09-05-2005, 03:48 PM
thanks for the update, keep yourself and family as safe as possible!

09-05-2005, 05:07 PM
just said on the news the superdome will have to be rebuilt. :(

zeppelin
09-05-2005, 06:18 PM
i remember that like a year ago they were talking about building a new stadium anyway, but i guess since you arent local you didnt hear that the roof of the superdome actualy started to come off :eek2: ..... with like 25000 people in it :eek2:

Tommy 17
09-05-2005, 09:41 PM
glad ta hear ur ok mike... i was wondering if u were ok...

just protect the silverado!;)

09-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444
just said on the news the superdome will have to be rebuilt. :( New orleans is under water and there could be more the 10,000 dead, and your only concern is the FNUCKING SUPERDOME!?

SRH
09-05-2005, 09:54 PM
they will build new orleans into big resorts and stuff..theyll make out like crazy...

tater_kamik
09-05-2005, 10:54 PM
i have a bunch of buddies that just left this morning to help out, i cant go though b/c im getting deployed too soon:ermm:

MichaelS693
09-06-2005, 01:44 PM
thanks for the replies guys and no i still do not have power lol im at work right now... the superdome will have to be rebuilt and they had to even move the people out of the superdome into the astrodome and other shelters around... pappy, THANKS and I will!!!! Tommy, you know it man I even took the good ole Z mud riding that night LOL.... Mississippi, Louisiana, and Florida are all in bad condition right now but for the most part everyone is in good spirits (besides the guys that jumped off the second floor of the superdome to commit suicide and everyone shooting people) IMO. once again ill be checking back in every so often.. anyone have any questions just ask and ill answer them to the best of my knowledge.. THANKS AGAIN GUYS:D

fasterblaster09
09-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Yeh its pretty bad,we have about 1000 evacuees in my town,some in houses,some in nursing hoems,chruch's,everywhere.In a lcal own of mine,this one guy from new orleans tried to rob the wal amrt with a gun!! fortunately (sp) the police got him.The ones from new orleans are starting trouble around here.I know sunday or monday,they let them go bck in new orleans,get soemstufff,and check out their houses,but only from 6 a.m-6 p.m.

Quad18star
09-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Best of luck to all those affected by this hurricane ... we're all praying for you guys and girls up here in Canada .

mx3mom
09-07-2005, 11:41 AM
My thoughts and prayers go to everyone in the Gulf area. The residents and all the workers that are there to help. I understand parts of Mississippi and Alabama are completely gone. I don't understand why though that all the CNN coverage goes to New Orleans. Yes they are under water..........but this is something that they have been told for years would eventually happen. Why build back when you are below sea level? Just my $.02.

Quad18star
09-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by mx3mom
My thoughts and prayers go to everyone in the Gulf area. The residents and all the workers that are there to help. I understand parts of Mississippi and Alabama are completely gone. I don't understand why though that all the CNN coverage goes to New Orleans. Yes they are under water..........but this is something that they have been told for years would eventually happen. Why build back when you are below sea level? Just my $.02.

I agree . with the news coverage , 99% of it is about New Orleans and from the odd report that I've heard other states have been heavily affected like you said .

I'd also agree about building below sea level , it's just a disaster waiting to happen . If Holland ever gets hit with a major storm , they'll be in the same situation as New Orleans . ANyone know how the east coast of Florida is doing or if it got hit hard ?? I got family and friends down there .

09-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
New orleans is under water and there could be more the 10,000 dead, and your only concern is the FNUCKING SUPERDOME!?

thats exactly what I meant :rolleyes:

fast_enough
09-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Did any one hear a couple of days ago about how the prisoners were supposedly starting a riot and took the warden and his famioly hostage? And then it was all not true, that really pissed me off i mean it was on CNN thas was so much bs, lots of ppl didnt hear about it cuz they didnt have it on there long cuz they figured out it wasnt true.

zeppelin
09-07-2005, 07:08 PM
i doubt it there have been so many rumors going around about stuff like that lately

MichaelS693
09-07-2005, 10:01 PM
)chaos,,, thats all this thing has been causing is chaos... ( BTW i have power now!!! i have never seen somethin so beautiful!!!:D )