PDA

View Full Version : TRX90 Brake pad issue

Pappy
09-05-2005, 12:24 PM
When we picked up this 90 to turn into our GNCC quad, I went thru almost everything on the quad, with the exception fo the bearing carrier and rear brakes. Once reassembled, the quad had plenty of stopping power so I figured I would just wait until they started giving out before replacing them.

About 2 days before the Rausch Creek ride, my son started complaining that the quad felt like it had no power after riding it for 30 minutes. No problem I said, it will be on the dyno at Rausch and we will see what is what.

On the dyno, the quad did not put out what we expected, and we were kind of bummed. Also, during the day of the ride and dyno run, he once again complained of what he called a "bogging" feeling. Some adjustments were made to the carb and he said it responded well so we figured that was that.

Yesterday, it started again. This time, someone with common sense lifted the rear of the quad and asked me to spin the wheels. They were very very hard to turn! I would have bet it was a bearing gine bad and has it heated was locking up.

WRONG!

Before we even got to the bearing the problem became apparent! The brake pads had come unattached from the metal mounting plate:eek: There was never an ssue with stopping power, but what we figure was happening was that the pads would hang up as they shifted from one position to the next inside the drum.

Replacement will happen immediatley, I just figured I would inform TRX90 oners of this incase they ever run into it.

09-05-2005, 07:21 PM
thanx for the heads up;)

Arctic Cat Dad
09-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Ken glad you found it now instead of this weekend.That would have been a bummer!

pinky93
09-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Thanks!