PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Z400 engine/carb question

One_Bad_400
09-05-2005, 09:42 AM
I need help and lots of it... i was trying to get my spuddering POS of a suzuki running far parducah this weekend... and wile its cold it runs fine but after its warmed up it runs like *****, wont get to the rev limiter... and then when i was messing around with jetting i was steping down from a 185 to a 182 and the SOB broke off in my carb... what ya'll thingk that spudering problem is... it will like go back down like its geting no gas... but i know it is...

wringmaster
09-19-2005, 11:16 AM
never had such a problem, but i recommed gett'n a new carb

aviator4
09-19-2005, 07:30 PM
If the jet is broken off in the carb, you're going to have to take the carb off to get the piece out.

It's not that hard, you just have to be very careful.

I've found than an easy out is great for getting broken jets out, since they are brass, they tend to come out fairly easy, Don't force the easy out, if it won't bite, use a smaller one. If you try and force one that is too big, you will really screw the carb up.

ALLUWANT
09-20-2005, 07:12 AM
once u get the jet out u will need to go way down in jetting that is way to big. my buddy has an 05' with full yosh exhaust, k@n, no lid, no snorkle or anything goin to the air box and he is runnin a 170