PDA

View Full Version : Wait for the Zuki or Just get a YFZ

Potimus
09-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Well I plan on buying a quad right before winter. Ive been wanting a YFZ for so long now but i keep holding out for the new Suzuki 450 that is supposs to kick seious ***. Is it worth waiting for? I will be modding it out over the course of the winter anyway, so Im not looking at all the extras the suzuki will have because it will all be replaced. I will be doing no motor work besides cam timing and full exhaust because I want reliability. What should I do?

Guy400
09-05-2005, 08:58 AM
You might as well wait. The Zuk will be announced in a month.

Potimus
09-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Yea but I cant buy one right away. I have to wait and see problems people have with them. No quad gets released without running into problems after its out.

400ex28
09-05-2005, 09:01 AM
wait!!!:cool:

400exrules
09-05-2005, 09:01 AM
yfz

rancid
09-05-2005, 09:05 AM
get the yfz, even if the suzuki is race ready it will cost a bunch more and for the price difference you could race ready the yfz and its all ready a proven machine.

400ex28
09-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by rancid
get the yfz, even if the suzuki is race ready it will cost a bunch more and for the price difference you could race ready the yfz and its all ready a proven machine.

How do you know?

rancid
09-05-2005, 09:13 AM
well we all know the yfz is proven, and if the suzuki comes loaded like ther saying and the z-400 is close to 6,000 and dosent come close to the yfz. the z-450 has got to cost close to the cannondale moto or so, but its just a guess.

FasstMidnightZ
09-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Wait for the Z450 ;) its gonna make the yfz look like a baby toy

rancid
09-05-2005, 09:23 AM
wait, wait, then ktm will have theres out yamaha will have again updated theres and mabey honda. no way yamaha will just sit there if this happens anyway. its funny everybody bags on cannondale for being injected but suzuki does it, thats a wonderful thing. i bet suzuki borrows more than 1 thing from cannondale/atk. how does suzukis 450 bike do compared to the yamaha and honda.

One_Bad_400
09-05-2005, 10:05 AM
get a honda... skrew suzuki and yamaha... your just going to run into problems with ether one... suzuki, first year, your running into problems... thay yamaha... that thing is still not reliable.... if you want realibility and still fast... do what i'm doing... selling my POS suzuki... buying a 05 450r with out electric start(less hassle if soemthing messis up in electrical) put a pipe, and cam, a front end and a rear linkage.... and your good to go... and the most reliable bike that will ever be...

and take all the electrical off... keep only what you need....

Potimus
09-05-2005, 10:11 AM
I was going to put a kicker on the YFZ. Every individual machine has its individual problems that youre going to run in to. Some are luckier then others. Its hit or miss.

rancid
09-05-2005, 10:23 AM
i agree the electric start is crap, if we can ride sport quads we should be able kick start them, everybody always talks crap about the honda being a kick. but i cant wait to rip of the electic start and battery off my yfz and get it even lighter.

Iliketogofast
09-05-2005, 10:31 AM
I'd say wait for the zuke... You never know what kind of suprises they will come out with. It would really be a gut wrencher if you bought a YFZ then the next month Suziki comes out with the most bad-*** quad you've ever seen.

Punk'd
09-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Wait.

Atkins
09-05-2005, 10:33 AM
i agree the electric start is crap, if we can ride sport quads we should be able kick start them, everybody always talks crap about the honda being a kick. but i cant wait to rip of the electic start and battery off my yfz and get it even lighter.
Amen!

Oh, and One_Fast_400, hope you dont crack that case kickstarting your honda!:rolleyes:

rancid
09-05-2005, 10:41 AM
and hopfully our batteries and electronics dont fail on our yfz,s

Atkins
09-05-2005, 10:47 AM
My battery already failed, and my buddy is on his 3rd battery.:confused:

bad01300ex
09-05-2005, 11:02 AM
well im thiknin about a new one too, and im gonna see what the 06 450r and the suzuki are like first, but i have a feeling im gonna go with a yfz anyway.

Zukes are always ugly, and i dout this one will be different.

One_Bad_400
09-05-2005, 11:03 AM
learn how to read... its One_Bad_400... and no...how the heck is it going to crack... i have never in my life time hurd of cracking a case from kick starting it

clutt225
09-05-2005, 11:20 AM
My ex sold last week and I am waiting to see the zuki. The yamy has proven to be unreliable. The honda well I haven't heard a lot of bad stuff but it seems only the diehard honda fans are realy impressed by them. I think it is foolish to spend that kind of money right be for a release of a new bike in the same class.

Doober
09-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
My battery already failed, and my buddy is on his 3rd battery.:confused:

i bought a cbr battery for my yfz and it works great

450robot
09-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by clutt225
My ex sold last week and I am waiting to see the zuki. The yamy has proven to be unreliable. The honda well I haven't heard a lot of bad stuff but it seems only the diehard honda fans are realy impressed by them. I think it is foolish to spend that kind of money right be for a release of a new bike in the same class.

hes got the right idea:)

clutt225
09-05-2005, 12:53 PM
The plan is to take al of the money from the ex and spend that on upgrades for the new quad. The first plan was to wait until the new quad was here but some one mad me a offer that wasn't to bad so i took it.

09-05-2005, 01:03 PM
how does suzukis 450 bike do compared to the yamaha and honda. Rm-z> Crf, Yzf

hondardr4life
09-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Wait.

ORRRRR buy the Honda :D . Thats the way to go.. Just stay away from the yamaha, I have heard of tons of problems with them.

rancid
09-05-2005, 04:55 PM
he does seem right about seeing more yamahas with problem than the honda, but it seems there are alot more 450 yamahas than hondas anway, and it seems once you hop up a honda to perform up to the yamahas motor the honda also starts having problems. like crank problems and valves. but get what ever you want theres good and bad on both and im sure the suzuki will have its share of problems to.

09-05-2005, 05:03 PM
The z450 will be raced by pros on st5ock suspension. Tell ya something?;)

SRH
09-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
get a honda... skrew suzuki and yamaha... your just going to run into problems with ether one... suzuki, first year, your running into problems... thay yamaha... that thing is still not reliable.... if you want realibility and still fast... do what i'm doing... selling my POS suzuki... buying a 05 450r with out electric start(less hassle if soemthing messis up in electrical) put a pipe, and cam, a front end and a rear linkage.... and your good to go... and the most reliable bike that will ever be...

and take all the electrical off... keep only what you need....

shut up, you dont own one, you just post what you see on the internet

ive seen lots of honda 450 motor and frame problems, plus handling issues that need to be competitive to build it up to par with the stock yamaha

the 06 yami has the electrical issues all squared away, just keep the e start and add the kicker for back up....

the yfz is proven, its probaly the most reliable of the performance 4 strokes and yamaha has been improving this design for about 7 years now, the ive got 2 seasons of mx racing on mine, so far its been fine.....thats not reliable?

besdies buy the yamaha and build it up get 1 or 2 seasons of mx out of it your gonan want a new quad by then the suzuki will be squared away and u can decide what ur gonan do

09-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444
The z450 will be raced by pros on st5ock suspension. Tell ya something?;) Stock Shocks, A-Arms, and Swing Arm :macho

rancid
09-05-2005, 05:11 PM
what it tells me is it will be a nice qaud, with its share of problems. suzukis are not known for even being close to bulletproof. and it will have to cost a great deal more than the honda or yamaha so you shuoldnt have to buy all the extras and if it comes with +3 arms on it there are other people in other areas of racing who want them.

SRH
09-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
Wait.

ORRRRR buy the Honda :D . Thats the way to go.. Just stay away from the yamaha, I have heard of tons of problems with them.

just shut up, wtf are you people retarded he didnt even ask about the honda, and there are no problems with the yamaha! the yamaha is a reliable motor just all these hillrods that have no clue what a race motor is and dont change there oil and take care of it have problems

ive heard of tons of honda tranny troubles , top ends etc, but i dont post that because, any body can blow a motor racing it....

SRH
09-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444
The z450 will be raced by pros on st5ock suspension. Tell ya something?;)

yeah it tells me suzuki will build identical to stock looking stronger components for doug and jermiah, there suspension will be dialed in by suzuki or revalved

id just expect a motor tha produces mx level power out of the box with mx width with oem grade a arms and axle priced around 7 grand

if your having charging problems with a yfz buy the resistor kit ...this cbr battery crap is stupid...or you could just buy an 06 stator...you people and your yamaha bashing is just retarded you dont own the quads, you watch a bunch of idiots , rednecks or inexprience home mehcanics do poor maintenece and what not...then there quad goes ka plunk and its the quads fault

rancid
09-05-2005, 05:22 PM
my atk450 is the fastest qaud i have ever ridden on the track, but im not going to tell you it wont have any problems because you guys arent stupid you all know they have problems, my yamaha has been the most dependable one i have had thats this competitive, my freinds with there hondas are nice but they all have motor work done and they have more problems than i have had besides my electric start that i will be removing (honda style) as soon as i can.

One_Bad_400
09-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
Wait.

TRUE THAT!!!! buy a freakin HONDA... and months later dont be like me going... DAM I WISH I BOUGHT A HONDA!!!

Potimus
09-05-2005, 06:06 PM
YFZ it is.

rancid
09-05-2005, 06:08 PM
well then you love spankin alot of people.

hondardr4life
09-05-2005, 06:19 PM
I am not retarted. I actually know what I am talking about. I have ridden both, and I think that they handle similar, and the power really isnt any different between the 2. And don't go telling me that I must be stupid not to be able to tell the difference. There really isnt a major difference. I do think that the yamaha has a horrible feel to it and it is not comfortable at all. All I do really is ride on the mx track, and I go just about every weekend. I have seen soo many yamaha 450's just stop running or start blowing blue smoke everywhere, or have electrical problems. I think at least 1 yamaha 450 breaks everytime I go to the track. I have yet to see a honda break.

bad01300ex
09-05-2005, 06:27 PM
just because they are racing on stock components doesnt mean the stock components arnt changed every race, last time i checked kory ellis ride a stock swingarm, and i highly dought that is the same swingarm from round 1 on the bike by round 12.

Buy a yammi, change the oil like you should and take care of it, buy the resistor kit, and if you ride really hard expect anything to break, granted i will say i have seen the aluminum parts break more often on the yammi but if your riding that hard you should be lookin at aftermarket stuff anyway:cool:

rancid
09-05-2005, 06:33 PM
well this is forhondaforlife or should i say as long as it runs. everthing breaks.http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13630

400exrules
09-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Potimus
YFZ it is.

what made u decide all the sudden?

Potimus
09-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Just to piss everyone off.

And to those guys that think Hondas are never going to break, well you got another thing coming. In no way, shape or form do I want a 450R. I dont remember when I listed that as an option.:confused:

hondardr4life
09-05-2005, 06:48 PM
I know that everything breaks, and yes I have seen honda's break before. But out of the 7 or so times ive been at the track this summer, I have seen 6 or 7 yamaha 450s break something and not a single honda break. I have seen honda's break and I know that every quad breaks, but from what I have seen, yamaha's break a lot more. One of my friends has a 450r and another has a yfz, and I went riding at a strip mine with them and I bet the kid with the 450 $10 he couldnt climb this one hill there, so he took the bet and he flipped when he tried it. the quad rolled 3 times and it bent the bars pretty good. Well the kid with the yfz swears by his yamaha's and claims that it is so much better than the honda. Well he tried it and the quad flipped 3 times (same as the R) and it looked identical, they didnt flip different directions or anything, both crashes looked the same except one was white and one was red. He bent his subframe.

rancid
09-05-2005, 06:48 PM
what ever new 450 he buys hes going to have a crap load of fun. and we all goota agree with that.

Potimus
09-05-2005, 06:51 PM
This site never ceases to amaze me. I ask one simple question that doesnt have anything to do with comparing a honda and yamaha, actually this had nothing to do with Honda at all, and it turns into a flame war. I didnt ask how reliable something was. I never asked what broke down more. You guys just fly off the handle and lose the point of the thread. I'll make decisions on my own from now on.

hondardr4life
09-05-2005, 06:51 PM
what ever new 450 he buys hes going to have a crap load of fun. and we all goota agree with that.

Well I agree 100% with you. We all ride quads, no point in fighitng on which one because noone will win. Theres other peopel out there that are trying to screw us over, so we shud stick together instead of fighting eachother.

SRH
09-05-2005, 08:12 PM
dont go to oklahoma a kid told me as soon as you cross the boarder elves come and chew your toes off

Potimus
09-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Good luck gettin through my steel toe boots.

SRH
09-05-2005, 08:32 PM
ive seen guy with steel toes cross the border and out of no where blue smoke puffs out there ***

Tom TRX250R
09-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Hey Potimus,
Honestly if it was me, I would wait for the Suzuki 450 to come out. I know from experience the RM-Z450 dirtbike motor puts out amazing power on the bikes. YFZ's are a great quad and probably what I would have bought a year ago if I was to sell my 250R. But it is so close to them coming out, so I would just wait it out and see how their performance compares to the YFZ. My .02.

400exrules
09-05-2005, 09:31 PM
either way, both 450's are fast, and the new suzuki will be too....you'll be just as happy with either i would think.