PDA

View Full Version : The World Trade Center.

Punk'd
09-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Does anyone know what is going to be built in place of The World Trade Centers place? I think they should have a memorial and rebuild them the exact same (diffrent interior design of course), but bigger. If anyone has any info or opinions on this topic, please share.

WKY400EX
09-05-2005, 02:21 AM
Not sure exactly what they're going to do with the place, but here are some links you can check out:

http://www.lowermanhattan.info/rebuild/new_design_plans/default.asp
http://www.lowermanhattan.info/news/looking_ahead_wtc_transportation_30821.asp
http://www.lowermanhattan.info/news/revised_freedom_tower_reflects_16531.asp
http://www.triroc.com/wtc/

The Freedom Tower looks awesome. 1,776 feet tall.:eek: :)

09-05-2005, 06:24 AM
I think what there building is a hole bunch of builders that are ike "stairrs" so they get bigger and bigger and its going to be in like a circle and there gonna be like a wierd shape or something.
And there keeeping the wall thats left of the orginail twin towers

Pappy
09-05-2005, 08:15 AM
they should build a 110 story hand giving bin laden the middle finger.

TheFontMaster
09-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
they should build a 110 story hand giving bin laden the middle finger.

One of my friends found a better picture a coupke years ago.

http://www.thorgolucky.com/humor/Middle_Finger_WTC.jpg

Punk'd
09-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Man I sure hope they make them BIGGER to prove we are not afraid. How many storys is 1,776 feet?

Atkins
09-05-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Man I sure hope they make them BIGGER to prove we are not afraid. How many storys is 1,776 feet?

Like 80 stories, I think. Not quite big enough.

Warnerade
09-05-2005, 10:46 AM
:)

250rmike
09-05-2005, 10:50 AM
i beleive its supposed to be the tallest building in the world when there done. i know for sure it gonna be bigger than the last 2. i think there only building one trade center. but they are making the foundations of the old buildings into memorials

JRDrider22
09-05-2005, 11:06 AM
yea i hope they build it big so it shows like no matter what were still united. i still remember that day sitting in homeroom in 6th grade when we got the annoucment over the loud speaker to turn our t.v's on and listen. it was such a tradgic day and will be forever

250rmike
09-05-2005, 11:16 AM
i ahd just woke up in the middle of class. we didnt have atv in our class room and they didnt make an announcement. the only thing i remember is waking up to them telling us we were leaving. i had to hear from other people what was going on

Warnerade
09-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
yea i hope they build it big so it shows like no matter what were still united. i still remember that day sitting in homeroom in 6th grade when we got the annoucment over the loud speaker to turn our t.v's on and listen. it was such a tradgic day and will be forever we were watching it on tv...and our principal announced "attn all teachers, please turn off the tv's and continue with class":ermm:

trick450r
09-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
we were watching it on tv...and our principal announced "attn all teachers, please turn off the tv's and continue with class":ermm:

sucks to be you...we watched it all day

Warnerade
09-05-2005, 12:58 PM
ya..no one understood why we werent allowed to watch it....its like they didnt want us to know what just happened

bryan.young1
09-05-2005, 01:19 PM
They better post some serious red necks armed with missle launchers and gattling guns at the top to shoot down the next batch of hi-jacked airliners, if not then well we may as well kiss the new towers good bye. we want to build them back to prove we are the greatest mothers in the world, and they will not miss the opertunity to blow them up to show the same...... its a loose loose. IMO

Punk'd
09-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by bryan.young1
They better post some serious red necks armed with missle launchers and gattling guns at the top to shoot down the next batch of hi-jacked airliners, if not then well we may as well kiss the new towers good bye. we want to build them back to prove we are the greatest mothers in the world, and they will not miss the opertunity to blow them up to show the same...... its a loose loose. IMO

Yes, I agree that if we make them bigger they will still attempt to bomb them.. etc, but if we dont rebuild what kind of country is this? If someone punched you would you just walk away? Hell no.. So do you see what im saying? They need to keep security tight, but they really should rebuild them bigger and better. Im sure half this country agrees with me. My .02

troutman561
09-06-2005, 01:13 PM
the thing is any airliner gets hi-jacked an f-16 os gona be there in 1 minute to blow it from the sky.. or maybe get some anti-aircraft missles around the island

zephead400ex
09-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
the thing is any airliner gets hi-jacked an f-16 os gona be there in 1 minute to blow it from the sky.. or maybe get some anti-aircraft missles around the island

We hope this would be the case!

hondardr4life
09-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
yea i hope they build it big so it shows like no matter what were still united. i still remember that day sitting in homeroom in 6th grade when we got the annoucment over the loud speaker to turn our t.v's on and listen. it was such a tradgic day and will be forever

That day will be eched into my memory forever. I was in 6th grade, I believe it was 6th period, it was social studies class. But we were in the library, doing something with the computers. Instead of our regular teacher Mr. Mckissik, we had this one old sub with a lazy eye, mrs. aque, lol. And I just remember the librarian coming in and telling us that a plane had hit the twin towers, and none of us really knew what the twin towers were, or wether it was a jumbo jet or a cesna. But we all found out when we got home. It was such a tragic day.

About rebuilding them, I think they should make 2 of them, exactly the same as the old one on the outside, but taller. And they should build them right next to where the old ones were.

hondardr4life
09-06-2005, 06:11 PM
And if they blow up the new ones, then we should rebuild again and show those B@stards that we will never back down to them. IMO, we shud have just nuked them and turned it into lake afganistan.

09-06-2005, 06:16 PM
I was in 6th grade, and the teachers didnt even knew what happend till lunch. And all these kids parents where getting picked up from school and stuff. Then at my bus stop home my mom said to the bus driver "Did you know anyone" Then i walked in my house and the tv was on and I was just in shock, and i sat watching the tv the hole day.

Punk'd
09-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
And if they blow up the new ones, then we should rebuild again and show those B@stards that we will never back down to them. IMO, we shud have just nuked them and turned it into lake afganistan.

ROFL...

m_townsgreatest
09-06-2005, 07:21 PM
i was in fifth grade and we were just getting to school then the office startin calling all these ppl to go home and i was like what is there a bomber or sumthin. None of our teachers or anyone told me so i got home around 4 and i walk in and my moms best friend and her kids are all at my house and im like whats goin on and i looked at the tv and i saw the replay video. it was a crazy day and ill admit that it made me scared to be in my own home thinkin that they may attack again.but im over that. and i remember i was sooo angry and i didnt know anyone or even know what the world trade centers were but it angered me soo bad i wanted to ****in just blow them f'n towel heads off of the map.
and to this day i do not like arabs or talibans or sand coons or w/e u wanna call them. i DO NOT like them