PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Cars

Hyperwarrior22
09-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Im looking to get a car soon but im looking for sport tuner car

what kind of tuner would be good on gas and performance for around 5 grand?

Butters
09-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Hyperwarrior22

honda accord. i like them cause they are bigger than civics, perform better, and get basically the same gas mileage.

JR3
09-04-2005, 06:40 PM
A WRX.lol. in ur bidget range just get a civic there are so many mods for them things

Moto92
09-04-2005, 06:43 PM
i used to have an acura integra gsr, pretty fun to drive and way faster than any of the civics

Juggalo
09-04-2005, 06:43 PM
you could prob find a decent 240SX for that price. i think i'd steer away from any other car if i was planning on doin stuff to it. dont get a civic or somethin and rice it out cuz thats just lame. dont try make your car into something its not

FasstMidnightZ
09-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
you could prob find a decent 240SX for that price. i think i'd steer away from any other car if i was planning on doin stuff to it. dont get a civic or somethin and rice it out cuz thats just lame. dont try make your car into something its not I agree, the 240sx's are good cars. They have alot of mod's for them to.

Jake250ex
09-04-2005, 07:08 PM
240sx = wooparse car.

RWD ltd. slip doesn't hurt either :eek:

Woodsrider
09-04-2005, 07:52 PM
My "tuner" car of choice would be a Bone Stock 1993 GSR Integra.
Well, maybe not totally stock, id have to put better wheels, tire and suspension under it. But there is nothing wrong with the powerplant just the way it is. Great car for SCCA auto cross, awsome in traffic, and 32MPG.

TheFontMaster
09-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
240sx = wooparse car.

RWD ltd. slip doesn't hurt either :eek:

YES. The older Nissan's, and Datsuns are awsome cars. My girlfriend is getting an old Datsun thats been imported, so the sterring wheel and everything is on the right habd side of the car.

quadrcr161
09-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Hyperwarrior22

how old are you? do you plan on SCCA, drag racing or street racing? you can find several cars for around 5 it just depends on what you want to do with it. if you are just getting your DL you need a slow car to learn how to drive. also if you want body kits, and big wheels, please dont even get into the hobbie. 240's are nice cars but its the new trend and bandwagon so they have gotten higher and the parts are higher. you can order a motor swap but you cant find any parts incase you break off cars here. you can find a crx, or a newer civic hatch and a motor swap is pretty easy and pretty reasonable.

an accord is a nice car, but a civic or integra will out perform it in every aspect, its heavy and not as nimble of a chassie. a WRX is not in this kids price range.

one thing to remember, once you start playing with and modding you loose realibility and MPG. also driving isnt a right, its a priveledge to drive and doing stupid things like street racing can loose your DL or even injure yourself or someone else.

my suggestion is find a civic hatch, coup or a early model crx. parts are unlimited incase something needs replaced. leave it stock and find an SCCA region close to you and start off in it. learn your cars ability and your ability. then after a year or so start up gradding parts like suspension and then motor work.

stalefish_132
09-04-2005, 10:41 PM
cheap and lots of fun even when stock.. but then who's to say its stock?:devil: