PDA

View Full Version : 250r cases

gratzracing24
09-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Well while my brother is away at college im gonna try and fix his 250r and then just ride that all winter and summer because he never rides it anyway. but the cases leak oil...im not really sure where so im gonna try and figure out where and why...would it be better to buy brand new cases or try like some jb weld or something on them?
Thanks in advance!!

prepracing
09-05-2005, 03:37 AM
find out where its leaking first, yeah some spots can be JB welded. But if its a place that can be JB welded I would go ahead and have it welded up for good, that way don't have to worry about the JB weld breaking/coming loose.

Iliketogofast
09-05-2005, 07:33 AM
Buy new, you don't want rigged cases. Sandblast everything else on the motor while you have it apart, polish it and have the new cases powdercoated the color of the frame. Just my 2 cents though, it's your money. :D

gratzracing24
09-05-2005, 07:57 PM
ok thanks guys

NacsMXer
09-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Could just be as simple as a leaky gasket? Check those out first.

velocityatv
09-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Some people when they split the cases tend to use a small screw driver. When that happens you create a little gouge in the gasket surface. Some times it takes a while for the elak to start but once it starts theres no stopping unless yopu split them again. If this is the case take them aprt and clean the gouged surface really well and apply some JB weld. Let harden and then sand to match flush. Check for hair line cracks sometimes you can't see them without taking some paint off.

gratzracing24
09-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Ithink it was a year ago my brother split the cases but it leaked before that and he replaced all the gaskets so i dont think it is that becasue it still leaked