PDA

View Full Version : 02 Honda xr250 -- $2000.00

Garrett
09-04-2005, 06:10 AM
Fully disassembled, cleaned, and greased, new plastics never ridden on, rebuilt front and rear suspension, all new bearings throughout, Big Gun exhaust, Moose handguards and skidplate, renthal bars, aluminum chain guide, Uni airfilter, new grips, owners and service manuals, extra jets for the carb, all stock parts come with it.

This bike was going to be a project bike that I planned on keeping and adding things to over the years to eventually have a bike that really stood out. But I need to sell it in order to go to school and get my HVAC certifications.

When I fully disassembled this bike and put it back together I wrote everything down that I was going to replace or noticed wear on. I am not going to try and cover anything up.
- Front number plate was lost in the woods
- Removed tank decals with intentions of purchasing new ones
- I cut the clutch lever down slightly do to personal preference
- left side panel mounting tab broke off.
- Decal on exhaust pipe was removed
- Stock odometer housing was cracked. Still have cable though.
- Biggest thing on the list... the Big Gun exhaust was bent where the can meets the mid-pipe. I had the money in hand and was ready to buy a new one when my dad said she wanted to see what he could do with it. I was skeptical. He reworked it and welded it the best he could with the tools he had. (he is certified in many aspects of welding including high pressure pipe and if he had better equipment around home he could have made it look new, but it is hidded behind the side panel and doesn't really look too bad.) I rode it and acutally noticed an increase in the torque and bottom end grunt so I kept this pipe on it instead of buying a new one.

In the pictures the Moose handguards and Moose skidplate are not shown. I also have about 5 tires in the shop, some with very minimal wear, that you can have if you want them.

MAINTENANCE:

Oil was changed every 100 miles and oil filter every 200 miles. More frequently in the summer months when the temperature was hot. Sometimes after every ride. Air filter cleaned and oiled often... eventually I just started doing it after each ride. Bearings were frequently greased with high grade water proof marine grease. Valves checked by Honda dealer. Even though I am young, I maintain my equipment better than most adults. I have always taken pride in my things and in taking care of them.

I put this bike back together and poured gas in the tank, set the choke halfway, then gave the kickstarter a nice full kick. It fired and sat there at a nice steady idle without any hicups.

I am asking $2000.00
I don't think I have left anything out and if you have any questions please contact me. I will answer as soon as I possibly can.

email: d11gnccer@yahoo.com
cell phone: 1-937-403-8606

Hyperwarrior22
09-04-2005, 08:09 AM
do you have any pics

Garrett
09-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Please email me for pics. Or leave your email address on this post and I will get some sent as soon as I can.

gumby2461
09-04-2005, 03:27 PM
can u make a xr250 streetlegal ... pix to gumby2461@aol.com

Hyperwarrior22
09-04-2005, 05:28 PM
maggiedog@enter.net

i would like to see some pics

Garrett
09-05-2005, 04:11 AM
Yes, the xr250 can be made street legal. In fact Honda pruduced an xl250 which was on/offroad so all the parts are out there from Honda and many aftermarket companies manufacture street legal kits for it as well. With the price of gas I had been considering making the conversion myself. It would have almost paid for itself in no time considering the gas mileage my truck gets.