PDA

View Full Version : Spider grips

250xridamatt
09-03-2005, 09:35 PM
I am trying to figure out which spider grips to order. I am getting a lot of calisuses, and it is time for me to get new grips, since my pro grips are nice and worn. I was looking at progrips because I heard they also reduced vibration, which would be a big help. So which model should I get? This is for quad with a thumb throttle by the way.

infantry317
09-04-2005, 08:20 AM
I like the Spyder's but you can still get blisters from them. they are good for anti-vibe, but also a little harder to hang onto when you get tired because of the bigger diameter.

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
I am trying to figure out which spider grips to order. I am getting a lot of calisuses, and it is time for me to get new grips, since my pro grips are nice and worn. I was looking at progrips because I heard they also reduced vibration, which would be a big help. So which model should I get? This is for quad with a thumb throttle by the way. Try one of each, I have thenewere quad grips(I cant remeber what they arecalled) but found I like the older style ones better. so far Im really luvin my grips :)

400exstud
09-06-2005, 11:04 AM
I have the SLT ones. They are made from some gell stuff and your hands feel like they are glued on. The SLT ones are a smaller diameter ones than stock.

QuadJunkies
09-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by 400exstud
I have the SLT ones. They are made from some gell stuff and your hands feel like they are glued on. The SLT ones are a smaller diameter ones than stock. thats ^^^ the ones I tried this time.

Basically, you just need to try a few pairs, everyone is gonna have there own opinions ;)

Flynbryan19
09-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Unless you have very small hands I would recommend against the new SLT(slim line technology) grips. I have small hands myself, and found them much to small in diameter. I got more blisters running the SLT's then any other grip I've ever used. Spider grips also offer another style( the ones I believe QJ is talking about) that are larger in diameter and are supposed to be VERY nice. I'll be trying them next. ;)

QuadJunkies
09-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Unless you have very small hands I would recommend against the new SLT(slim line technology) grips. I have small hands myself, and found them much to small in diameter. I got more blisters running the SLT's then any other grip I've ever used. Spider grips also offer another style( the ones I believe QJ is talking about) that are larger in diameter and are supposed to be VERY nice. I'll be trying them next. ;)

Yup. I liked those better :)

I think this is the one I tried before ..

muff
09-06-2005, 01:52 PM
I use the SLTs, and wouldn't use anything else...I wear large gloves but they're usually a little tight.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid159/p8a495e1f3e2b11266ae72369f8cee86e/f4fe21c4.jpg

hetrick425ex
09-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by muff
I use the SLTs, and wouldn't use anything else...I wear large gloves but they're usually a little tight.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid159/p8a495e1f3e2b11266ae72369f8cee86e/f4fe21c4.jpg

I second this...
They work great...

250xridamatt
09-14-2005, 06:30 PM
I just got my spider slt's put on an hour ago. I will try to ride a little bit tomorrow, or friday to see what I think of them.

luvmyex
09-15-2005, 07:12 PM
i have the slt's . and they seemed to put calissis on top of the old ones and made more.But they are verry good for gripping. I have big hands(ladies know what that means:devil: ) and will try the bigger set next time.

QuadJunkies
09-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by luvmyex
. verry good for gripping. I have big hands(ladies know what that means:devil: ) LMAO!!!:devil:

so is that how you got the callissis??? :eek: :o :D

250xridamatt
09-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Well I was gonna test out my grips today, and see how they work with actual hard riding. But, I had a little accident last night. I was changing my oil and filter, and I snapped the long oil filter cover bolt. So I have to go out and take off the side case now. I hope I can get this thing out fairly easy. But there isnt a whole lot of bolt left in there.

trx400exxracer
09-17-2005, 09:52 PM
I just got some brand new grips made by oury they are so soft but last long I would recomend them highly