PDA

View Full Version : dirtbike vs. atv

gitrdonechevy25
09-03-2005, 08:21 PM
wat do u guys think is safer to race dirtbike or wheeler cuz my friend says dirtbike but i think hes completley rong

FasstMidnightZ
09-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Dirtbike. For many reasons

09-03-2005, 08:23 PM
I have to agree, dirtbikes are way safer, if you can ballance at high speeds, otherwise saty off them lol j/j

Jake250ex
09-03-2005, 08:29 PM
I disagree - HUGELY

sure a quad can and probably will do more damage to you when things get out of had BUT its alot harder to crash a quad. You have to be riding over your head or just make a big mastake most of the time.

On a bike, the front tire deflects off of everything you hit, and they swap alot. Try this at 60 + MPH in a field with tall grass :eek2:

One area a bike does without a doubt have a quad beat though, is hillclimbing. When you come up to a huge steep hill, you can walk a bike up it a little to help you out and if it stalls out or you run out of momentum you can just drop it. On a quad, you arse is going over backwards.

Honda400exrox
09-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by gitrdonechevy25
wat do u guys think is safer to race dirtbike or wheeler cuz my friend says dirtbike but i think hes completley rong

quads are for sissys that dont like to get hurt, so get a quad if u cant ride a bike, or dont race if ur worried about getting hurt cuzz if ur gunna race your goin to get hurt eventually
:rolleyes:

Warnerade
09-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
quads are for sissys that dont like to get hurt, so get a quad if u cant ride a bike, or dont race if ur worried about getting hurt cuzz if ur gunna race your goin to get hurt eventually
:rolleyes: you are lucky pappy put me on my last warning and i dont feel like getting banned.

in racing....bikes are safer by far...

recreational riding, quads are safer....

ZRider400
09-03-2005, 08:38 PM
:rolleyes:

ppsh....bikes are for sissys who cant jump quads.

seriously stfu dude.

09-03-2005, 08:44 PM
:rolleyes: did someone with a tt-r125 say something?

MX300ex
09-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
did someone with a tt-r125 say something?

OWNED

even though i got a yz85 i still say quads are better..i made a swtich back to bikes cause i found myself faster pn the bike..

if u look at it..theres advantages and disadvtanges in both.(sp?)

muddy400EX
09-03-2005, 08:48 PM
bikes are much safer. a bike is over 100 pounds lighter and you can get away from them if you wreck, quads on the other hand, if you wreck there prolly gonna attack your *** and run you the hell over

Warnerade
09-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by banshee91
did a spoiled kid say something.lol and if you think a quad is alot more dangerous you should be shot,you do not have to balance,no skill at all,the only thing hard is to jump them but if your the right size for it your fine. mxers go alot faster than the quaders on the tracks so im sure its not as safe as a quad on a track. have you riden/raced both?

09-03-2005, 08:49 PM
did a spoiled kid say something.lol and if you think a quad is alot more dangerous you should be shot,you do not have to balance,no skill at all,the only thing hard is to jump them but if your the right size for it your fine. mxers go alot faster than the quaders on the tracks so im sure its not as safe as a quad on a track. did someone thats 100 pounds just say something?

vinson581
09-03-2005, 08:51 PM
bikes are very safe if you have ballz and skill to ride them. get a a dumb kid on a yfz, and im sure he will get hurt. power + inexpirance = disaster.

v581

09-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Yea i have ridden both. my frinds 400exs at the pits all the time. there sooo fu***** easy no nothing of skill is involved. bikes u have do acutally balance. you honestly think crusing around the pits is comprable to racing xc/mx?

muddy400EX
09-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Yea i have ridden both. my frinds 400exs at the pits all the time. there sooo fu***** easy no nothing of skill is involved. bikes u have do acutally balance.

no skill at all huh? so your saying if you were on a pro level sport quad you could run with natalie and them guys?

09-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Did a nerd that sits on the computer all day say something? lol but serious chill i was jk. k, few things to clear up here. (1)Not a nerd. (2) sit at computer all day due to broken ankle (cleared to ride again as of friday)

Warnerade
09-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Yea i have ridden both. my frinds 400exs at the pits all the time. there sooo fu***** easy no nothing of skill is involved. bikes u have do acutally balance. ok...you've ridden both, now..answer the other half of my question...have you ever RACED both competitively?

09-03-2005, 08:59 PM
k, few things to clear up here. (1)Not a nerd. (2) sit at computer all day due to broken ankle (cleared to ride again as of friday)
get pics

09-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
ok...you've ridden both, now..answer the other half of my question...have you ever RACED both competitively?

ive raced against them. and for a 400 vs 85 its pretty sad.

09-03-2005, 09:02 PM
ive raced against them. and for a 400 vs 85 its pretty sad. what was the skill level of the rider on the 400?

09-03-2005, 09:05 PM
what was the skill level of the rider on the 400?

there pretty good.

09-03-2005, 09:05 PM
well it depends on alot on a dirtbike u can get alot more air/speed but if u flip a quad its gonna leave some marks when it falls on u.a dirtbike is alot more easy to ditch if something is going wrong.
jmo i think dirtbikes are alittle more safer but like i said thats just my opinion

09-03-2005, 09:07 PM
there pretty good. And what type of terrain was it? And most importantly,did they know they were racing you?

Warnerade
09-03-2005, 09:07 PM
there pretty good. obviously not good enough.

09-03-2005, 09:11 PM
And what type of terrain was it? And most importantly,did they know they were racing you?

yea,its like caltivated,were pretty well equal. i can alot and keep up alot of speed bc it woudent slip out:confused:

09-03-2005, 09:11 PM
did someone thats 100 pounds just say something?

it got old

09-03-2005, 09:26 PM
to me bikes are just as dangerous as quads. If you drive like a handitard on both your gonna get hurt.

09-03-2005, 09:32 PM
I owned a 400ex for about 2 years, and i could jump it and stuff... But it was really sad when my friends who ride dirtbikes could jump just as far as me on my quad. That is when i switched to a dirtbike..... Dirtbikes require alot more skill, and if you say they dont you are completley wrong. NO i've never raced niether, but i have hit a couple of trees, i got alot less hurt on my motorcycle cuz i could jump off the side before i hit. on my fourhwheeler i was screwed. Sorry for long post. Please dont bash me.... Just my Opinoion(sp)

Warnerade
09-03-2005, 09:33 PM
to go realy fast on either...ya, they both requier skill, talent and experience...but were talking about saftey here.

Jake250ex
09-03-2005, 10:29 PM
I dunno, I know bikes take more skill in the fact that you have to balance and it seems like everything is working against you when you turn, but I felt really comfortable and was doing better than I could ever dream on a quad my first day on a bike (cr125) but now I am just way to tight and nervous on bikes - I am worn out in minutes and always on the virge of falling

:( :confused: :ermm: < thats about the best way I can describe it.

It sucks because I ride and train with a B class YZ250f bike rider and he can hand me my *** in alot of areas because they are so much more capable... than again I do ride a 90% stock 300ex :ermm:

SRH
09-03-2005, 10:36 PM
bikes are, you go down constantly and if u ride a bike hard or jump your gonna get hurt, on a quad its a lil bit diff, if you never ride over your head and stuff ull be fine, but you start pushing or do go down...when you do there is a 90% chance your gonan be ****ed up ir ace a quad because i cant afford to be hurt

250xridamatt
09-03-2005, 10:38 PM
First of all, I would much rather get run over, or landed on by a dirtbike than a quad. Also I would much rather have my machine tip over when I fall off, instead of still going.

Even though I ride a quad, I think the bike has more advantages than the quad. Yea a quad might have 4 wheels and be able to turn a lot easier than a bike. Most tracks are a lot easier for a bike. All they have to do is pick one rut, and they are fine. On a quad you have to find a way to avoid ruts, or get two of them, that way you aerent flying crooked in the air.

I also have people tell me all the time that when they switch between bikes and quads, it is a lot easier for them to ride a hard moto on a bike. They say they are worn out so much more by the quad, because of its weight, and how much more difficult it is to race mx with. My .02

SRH
09-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
I dunno, I know bikes take more skill in the fact that you have to balance and it seems like everything is working against you when you turn, but I felt really comfortable and was doing better than I could ever dream on a quad my first day on a bike (cr125) but now I am just way to tight and nervous on bikes - I am worn out in minutes and always on the virge of falling

:( :confused: :ermm: < thats about the best way I can describe it.

It sucks because I ride and train with a B class YZ250f bike rider and he can hand me my *** in alot of areas because they are so much more capable... than again I do ride a 90% stock 300ex :ermm:

bikes require more mental motivation and dedication just because of the fact you balance a bike so you always have to be on top of your game, a quad is 50 inches wide and wont tip, or slide out etc but skill wise there about equal, going fast on a quad requires alot more strength,but anyone who can ride a technical sx track smooth as butter on a quad has skills ...manipulating that much weight to perfection is not something anyone can do...

09-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by SRH
bikes are, you go down constantly and if u ride a bike hard or jump your gonna get hurt, on a quad its a lil bit diff, if you never ride over your head and stuff ull be fine, but you start pushing or do go down...when you do there is a 90% chance your gonan be ****ed up ir ace a quad because i cant afford to be hurt

At the races I saw quads going end over end and not one biker was ****ed up.

SRH
09-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444
At the races I saw quads going end over end and not one biker was ****ed up.

thats rare, but it happens, just rmemeber when you go down on a quad its far more dangerous but you go down more often on a bike and have a much better chance of getitng hurt riding or racing one

trick250r
09-04-2005, 07:07 AM
im suprised this hasn't been closed.

FreekShow
09-04-2005, 07:39 AM
Banshee91, riding around in the pits on a quad is much different than racing one. What do you know about airing out a quad when you have a dirtbike and have trouble doing a simple wheelie??

300exr
09-04-2005, 07:46 AM
ive been thinking of going to a yz250f just because the suspension and power is far greater than my 300ex. and i think safety is just a matter of rider experience. For example my neighbor was flown to shock trauma like 2 months after he got his 300ex and it was because he hit a ditch that shot his arse over the bars and ending him with a broken leg, torn up back(due to his 300 running him over) and minor head injuries. :eek:

standardryder
09-04-2005, 08:41 AM
IMO i would say a quad is a little more dangerous, espicially jumping. you get thrown sideways on a 250lb bike its a little bit easier to fix yourself then on a 400lb quad. but im sure if i rode a dirtbike my answer would be different...

SRH
09-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by standardryder
IMO i would say a quad is a little more dangerous, espicially jumping. you get thrown sideways on a 250lb bike its a little bit easier to fix yourself then on a 400lb quad. but im sure if i rode a dirtbike my answer would be different...

unless you land completely sideways the quads not gonna flip just wheel and ride off to the side, land sideway on a bike... and when it high sides have that pipe, pegs or bars pile drive you and see what hurts