PDA

View Full Version : RTC Clutch Perch

fasterthanyouex
09-03-2005, 07:20 PM
i am woundering is the RTC clutch perch really worth 90 bucks...or should i buy the lower not expenisve one from RTC

300exOH
09-04-2005, 10:43 AM
I have the cheaper RTC clutch lever and I really like it. It makes the clutch so much easier to pull. My left forearm doesn't get sore as easily. The only thing better about the more expensinve one appears to be that you can adjust on the fly. Unless you are racing all the time I don't see it being necessary. The cheap one is easy enough to adjust on the side of the trail.

theTman
09-04-2005, 10:56 AM
i dont get why peopel spend that kind of money on a lever...my SRP E-Z pull lever/perch was 20 bux and i love it, i can pull it with one finger

300exOH
09-04-2005, 11:01 AM
I got mine used so I reall didn't pay all that much for it. The reason I wanted one is because I heard stories about other ez pull levers wearing out cables and causing them to break. From what I read the RTC does not have that problem. In fact every review I have read about the RTC has been good.

quadracer04
09-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Ive heard nothing good about the RTC clutch and brake levers.

BLACKeR
09-05-2005, 04:00 PM
The reason I wanted one is because I heard stories about other ez pull levers wearing out cables and causing them to break. From what I read the RTC does not have that problem. In fact every review I have read about the RTC has been good.

this is true i have a works connection (i think) EZ pull and it is wonderful except since i instualled it last summer i have broken 2 clutch cables. not much fun when that happens.

hetrick425ex
09-14-2005, 09:25 AM
RTC Levers have been around for years. They work great. I have always used the lower grade, $55-60 ones. I do not see a need for the ADJ on the fly option, unless you are a XC rider. The only other option would be a works connection if you have a 450...
If you have a 300 or 400 or any other for that matter i would say the RTC is for you...
I have not heard anything bad about them and hear alot of opinions.
My RTC's (notice plural) have always worked smoothly and i have yet to snap a lever, or a perch for that matter.

Piece