PDA

View Full Version : TC416EX vs. Sparks 416EX

Evan
06-08-2002, 04:04 PM
Well I finally raced the TC 416. Heres the deal, this is a full TC 416, the guy swears up and down he has the recipt from TC and the motor and all was 4k, that includes overnight shipping and everything. Look at my sig, all I have done to mine is a high comp 416 piston, sparks cam, FCR39. Ok well we are both very good riders, neither is better than the other, we have ridden together for awhile. The only difference is I weigh around 170 he weighs around 200, both of us are light for our hight hes 6' 8 I am 6' 5
Well we both had stock gearing except he has 18' turfs I am running 20' holeshots. Well we raced about a 200 yard drag race, or long enough to get to 5th for a second or two, I am not good with distances so I dont know the exact distance. Well the first race I started in first and spun, I though oh crap hes got me, well I pulled him back in when I hit 3d I belive, my front was at his footpeg and I was watching his front tire, we stayed that way for a little, then when we hit 5th I went by him pretty fast. We raced again this time in some tall grass, this time I started in 2nd, I got the jump, pulled him all the way down the feild. We we got done he said, yours is defintely faster, I said well the tires had some effect, I told him I thought it would be close if we both had the same gearing(tires) Then we raced on the track, well on the track there was not that much of a difference, it seemed I could pull him in a little in the straights but not much, plus it was so dusty neither of us could hardly see.
Well you decide for a neglible difference
Sparks 416- cost 1100 and had it running within 7 days
TC 416 - cost well say 1500-3000 for the benifit of the doubt, and hae to wait several months b4 you can ride.

Dave400ex
06-08-2002, 04:56 PM
The TC 416 National MX Motor like Chris29 has is $1500. If he told you $4000 he is lying.

Evan
06-08-2002, 04:59 PM
He says he has the recipet and will sho it to me, I dont belive it either. BTW That TC pipe is not very loud compared to mine. I think my pipe is loudest pipe I have heard ever, I am going to buy a quite core for it.

Dave400ex
06-08-2002, 05:03 PM
Next time you see him ask to see the Recipet. Yeah the Pro Circuit Pipes are loud. Mine is just Perfect.

Foxrage
06-09-2002, 12:28 PM
Does the TC pipe add Power?? I saw one at the PROFAB shop and loved it.

Dave400ex
06-09-2002, 12:35 PM
Well it did on mine. The TC Pipe shines on the Botton End. That is what Tom builds all his Engines for. If you have ever called Tom, you know that he is all about Torque. Even for my Brother`s 250r Motor his Powerstar Head is made for Torque. That is just how he is. I will never have a Motor that isn`t built by TC Parts or Tom himself. It might take a while, but I know for a fact it will haul because he built it himself. I love my TC Pipe and would buy another if I had to. I say go for it.

chris29
06-09-2002, 07:43 PM
4k:huh He got bent over if he paid that much for that engine.

Evan
06-09-2002, 08:16 PM
Well I talked to the guy some more, he says the guy that had the motor built by tom, said that it was built when tom first started doing engines, its a 99 EX so I would understand, also there is at least 1,000 dollars worth of overnight shipping, also he said there might be some other things on there that he bought from tom that didnt nesscarly have to do with the motor. Personally I cant see 4000 anywhere on the whole bike, I mean its basically stock except the motor and tires and plastic. The guy that had it b4 him was a pretty good racer and won alot of races that way. I think this guy has since moved up to the nationals.

Dave400ex
06-09-2002, 08:32 PM
Tom has been doing Engines for a long time I do believe. Maybe it was one of the first 400ex Motors he did. Anyways $4,000 is more then just the 416 Kit.

Evan
06-09-2002, 09:12 PM
make that 3000, remember I said 1000 for overnight shipping.

cdalejef
06-09-2002, 09:29 PM
Sounds like he is fudging in the shipping too. The most UPS takes is 170lbs and that would only be around $200 for next day air. I work for UPS!

Evan
06-09-2002, 09:41 PM
well he!! I dont know what to say, all I know is he said he has a receipt that has a total of 4000 on it from TC racing. Now I know this guy is not lying, he is a very trustworthy and honest guy, but I havent seen the recepit so I wouldnt knoe what all is on it. But like I said, he paid 5000 for the quad. I wouldnt have paid 4000 for it. Just a motor some plastic and wheels is all he got basically.

ChadEXer
06-11-2002, 03:50 PM
Definately sounds like BS to me!!! It wouldnt cost that much shipping anyway and why would you overnight your motor to WAIT for a while to get it built?? I got my motor shipped next day for $158! Regualer ground was like $126(FedEx) I think he probably is lying even about having motor work done period. A full TC motor isnt going to get beat by a Sparks kit installed locally no mattter what!!! And you keep saying your Sparks motor was $1100 and 7 days and the TC is $1500-3000 and months wait. Dude, why dont you get it, you can get a TC "kit" installed in 7 days or less too. Several months would mean sending the whole motor for porting and all. And sorry but Sparks is 9 months out when TC is 6 months out at the very latest, and also TC does all the work BY HIMSELF, says he dont trust anybody else! Sparks has help in his shop!!! Also a TC 416 kit would be $1500 at the most(including pipe)I talked to Tom about it and Chris29 has the setup, I would rather have a complete TC 416 for $1500 than a locally installed Sparks "kit" for $1100!!!!
Have you actually seen this guys reciept???? im having a 505 built with absolutely everything TC knows how to do for $2800(including the pipe)

ChadEXer
06-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Also, i just got off the phone with Tom. Tom said in 95 and 98 all top 10 bikes(I think he said MX but not sure) were built by him! IN 95. Tom has been building motors since most of us were crapping our pants. I seriously doubt that guys was one of the first motors built by Tom!! And you said "the guy who had the bike before that guy said",,,sounds like some exagerating(sp) has been done amongst previous owners!!!

Evan
06-11-2002, 06:35 PM
Chad, I aint real sure about the reciept deal, until I see it I dont belive it either. And chad dont you think I would know if a motor had work done to it? Mr. I am so smart. If we were that close dont you think that a kit like I got from sparks, and the basically the same thing from TC, I dont think the TC would touch it. The motor I raced had porting, cam, stiffer springs larger valves, high comp piston, lectron 38, a real good clutch, pipe, and who knows what else, compared to my piston, cam, and carb, and pipe. Hmmmmm chad lets see which one should win?

" A full TC motor isnt going to get beat by a Sparks kit installed locally no mattter what!!!"

Well guess what chad it did!

06-11-2002, 07:43 PM
Hey chad, curtis does all work himself too.

Dave400ex
06-11-2002, 08:46 PM
Curtis has more then one Guy building Engines.

ChadEXer
06-12-2002, 08:03 AM
Yes Sparks does have more than just himself working on motors!
X-rider, can you see through his motor??? You say you can tell when people have motor work,,HOW???? Look at Alky472(Screemin Shee's) bike. you cant tell by looking at it that a damned thing has been done besides a pipe. Then all of a sudden he blows past you like you werent there! Face it man, the guy lied to you!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Evan
06-12-2002, 08:37 AM
ok chad your right I am wrong:rolleyes: You seem to know that my friend doesnt have any motor work done. I cant see through the motor but I do know the difference in stock and modded. Your mad b/c a TC motor got beat by a sparks kit. Sparks 416s can hang with everyone elses 440s. What about them 4 stroke wars, why didnt TC send a motor?

ChadEXer
06-12-2002, 08:44 AM
Yeah I wondered why TC didnt send a motor too and I asked him why, he said "maybe because thats 3000 miles from here" Makes sense to me!!! And my locally installed 416 I used to have would hang with all the 440's! This whole thing sounded like BS from the beginning and thats what it is!!!! You have been wanting to say your Sparks "kit" was faster than a TC motor the day you got it! You could have made it a little more believable!!!

Dave400ex
06-12-2002, 09:03 AM
Ok this is getting out of Hand. Who cares which Motor is Faster as long as both of you GUys like them and they are Fast, it doesn`t matter. I like TC but I know there will be Faster Motors out there. I don`t Care.

Evan
06-12-2002, 09:09 AM
All this no riding is getting to you chad, How long is your motor taking?

BTW if you wanted to drag why couldnt you use a little more high tech engine to do. The 400 motor is not meant for dragging. Go buy a banshee or something. You know once you get your 505 back its still gonna be slow comapred to a slightly built 2 stroke. Whats the use, just so you can say, Well I ve got the fastest 400 in the state of Texas. And its not even a 400 its a ticking timebomb of a 505. Who cares if you have the fastest 400. The truth hurts chad. Yeah I have been trying to see what my puny little sparks would do against that TC ever since I got it, and belive me it will out run it, but who cares we are both equal or close to it on the track. You know what changed me from going with Tom, that stupid lectron carb, if he ran FCRs I would most likely gone with him, but if he uses something that has that much trouble from it, who knows what he uses for other things. His cams are proably just HRC or some other off the shelf cam for all you know. Yeah alot of people go to him b/c they think he is cheap well good for them, nobody goes to sparks unless they have money, thats why you dont here more about sparks. And I really dont think Toms motors would hold a candle to Sparks. Yeah TC motors are good for the money, and for what you are getting, but they are not the best. Sparks has long since been known as "THE Best Engine Builder" And hes been around longer than Tom has too. But lets end this, I beat the TC 416 but who cares. I dont. You can keep arguin

ChadEXer
06-12-2002, 09:25 AM
I built a 400 motor because thats what I wanted to build. Why go build a Banshee drag bike when chances are you will "NEVER" be the fastest banshee out there!!! Everybody, their brothers, and there dogs build a Banshee!! Theres a very good chance I have the fastest 400EX. The 400EX's drag race in a class of their own here in Texas. Good chance I will be taking the $1000 pot home every weekend!! Might even win the Mega Bucks drag race in Dallas!!! If your racing a Banshee,,,good luck!!!!! Your right Sparks is the best engine builder(2 strokes) TC has the 4 strokes by a long shot! When have you seen a Sparks 4 stroke win here lately,,,thats right,,you havent!!! Doug Gust is 42 years old giving everybody an ***** whoopin on his TC bike!!! Imagine that!!!
And a lightly modded 2 stroke isnt going to hang with a 505 sorry,,,read Four Stroke Wars again where the Sparks 465 beat every Banshee it raced that day!!! The ONLY bike it didnt beat was the Raptor!!! How could that be????
Like I said, some may believe you, but I dont!!
Go race Chris29 and then you can talk, he has a "real" TC 416

06-12-2002, 10:43 AM
I think the marcums 420SS will whoop up on tom and curtis's motors..:eek: :D

Evan
06-12-2002, 10:46 AM
Rico I think youve been smoking the same thing chads been smoking, and it aint tires either:D :eek: Where do yall get this stuff, I need some, maybe it would make me outrun a 250R with NOS

LMAO

06-12-2002, 11:11 AM
My bad I forgot to add the (sarcasm on) before and the (sarcasm off) after my statement,,,I've rode a complete TC 416 and it rips tits,,much faster than mine...all in all I was kidding,,come on X-rider I'm not that big of an idiot...at least I don't think..:confused:

ChadEXer
06-12-2002, 12:08 PM
It rips tits??? Oh man, thats some good stuff!!!:D

Evan
06-12-2002, 03:28 PM
I know you were joking Rico, I was too. I guess I should have thrown some sarcasm in there, but I thought the smileys and the LMAO would prove I was joking.

BTW (sarcasm) Whats the SS stand for?.... Super Sorry(end sarcasm) LOL thats what my dad says it stands for on the Camaros

Its all in good humor Reeko;)

chris29
06-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Hey Im 425 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy 17
06-12-2002, 03:39 PM
well thats sounds about right if he had 18 tires on it... put 20s back on and my machines completly different... its got tons of speed but no torque. its like riding a stock 400 with double the tons more of top end. remember this a 16t. mine with a 16t and 18s is 2 or 3 bikes faster then a slip on piped stock geared 400ex. with 20tires on mine its not even close on top speed. i know from now on all my motor work will be tc...

rico thats a good one haha...

mrusk
06-12-2002, 03:44 PM
Chad your starting to sound like a mornon. How do you know X-Rider is lieing? He could of beat his friend with the TC motor. His friend is proably lieing about the bill tho.

For one Doug gust is 34 not 42. And no matter who built his motor he would be kicking arse. How can you come off syaing TC is by far the best 4 stroke builder? Come on get a clue man. Have you rode alot of builder 4 strokes? I know a guy with a 400 who had head work done by MP racing in oregon. His 400 absoulute hauls and smokes 310Rs. I bet his motor could give a TC motor a run for its money.

I bet if most people rode a equal set up sparks 416 and a TC 416 they couldnt tell the difference.

matt

06-12-2002, 04:12 PM
shane hitt, and jones ( i think), are givin ***** whoopins wit their sparks motors

Evan
06-12-2002, 04:14 PM
You guys forgot, Chad knows everything, he can "see" all the way from Texas and through my freinds motor that its not built. He also "knows" that TC is the best b/c thats who he went with. Chad I know you are trying to say TC is best b/c he is doing your motor, which is fine if you want to brag on him sometime, but there are always better people/builders/riders out there. And your cocky additude dont help none, you are more than likely driving sales away from TC than you are helping him. Get a grip. I like my motor and its fine for what I am doing, so I am wrong for outrunnin a TC engine, I am sorry. I know Sparks is good but there are better builders out there, like MP racing and ESR are proably better at 2 strokes than sparks.
The truth hurts chad but a "weak old Sparks" out ran a godly TC motor.

06-12-2002, 04:30 PM
OMG, the war is on, personally, id go wit esr for 2strokes, and ct or lrd for 4strokes

Dave400ex
06-12-2002, 07:34 PM
Well it doesn`t really matter who Builds your Motor. It is kind of like Shocks. If you get Elka`s, PEP`s, or Axis Shocks then you will be Happy with them, but if you get Works you wouldn`t be as Happy. That is just an Example. So if you get Sparks, TC, or anybody else you will be Happy with them, but if you just go the Cheapest way out you wouldn`t be as Happy. Just get what you feel is Best for you.

breaks-alot
06-12-2002, 07:54 PM
Did I read 4stroke? And didn't read Baldwin yet? Also i haven't read anything about Bud Fisher yet either? Or Jody Bateman. Maybe you guys arn't into nationals then. Just into reading dirtwheels about who built some pro racers quad, insted of who is building some extreamly fast pro, pro-am,A,B,C and 90ccMod quads:D Need to understand that your not gonna be pro just because u have a mechanic who built a pro quad build yours. Go to a national walk the pit and find out who makes the fastest normal rider bikes.

and stop argueing like little *****es!........lol

L8r
Ben#416

Evan
06-12-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by breaks-alot
Did I read 4stroke? And didn't read Baldwin yet? Also i haven't read anything about Bud Fisher yet either? Or Jody Bateman. Maybe you guys arn't into nationals then. Just into reading dirtwheels about who built some pro racers quad, insted of who is building some extreamly fast pro, pro-am,A,B,C and 90ccMod quads:D Need to understand that your not gonna be pro just because u have a mechanic who built a pro quad build yours. Go to a national walk the pit and find out who makes the fastest normal rider bikes.

and stop argueing like little *****es!........lol

L8r
Ben#416

Evidently you didnt read all of my post, so read it b4 you start talkin crap. I am not a pro rider and dont intend to be, I said my motor is fine for what I do and that is race it locally.

ChadEXer
06-13-2002, 08:48 AM
Some of you are so full of $hit! I have a right to state my opinion just like the next guy. My opinion is X-Rider is full of $hit!! Saw a pic of him, even looks like he is full of $hit :eek: Go get mommy and daddy to buy you a real motor

mrusk are you a "mornon"???? I didnt say I "know" he is lying, i said I believe he is lying! Read before you speak bro, your making yourself sound dumber than me arguing with these little kids!!

06-13-2002, 09:18 AM
god, u all sound like lil kids, got wit ct if u want power

breaks-alot
06-13-2002, 09:50 AM
X-rider that post was for everyone not just you. I'm glad you’re happy with your motor sparks does make a good motor but you don't have to be such a dick to everyone. Quad people are supposed to be friendly (unless you’re in a race then its everyone for themselves). I was trying to say that the best way to build an opinion on the best motor builder is to walk the pits at a national and see who is consecutive with winning or podium finishes in the younger classes.
Chad: dude chill out, your gonna have one fast ****ing quad when you get it back. Yeah some people are "ignorant" just because there not true fans and don’t spend hours a night after they get done ridding reading about how they can get even better. There the "weekend warriors" who like to ride just not dedicated to the sport like the rest of us. No need to get all pissy at them (no offence).
440 and everyone else with an opinion on who is the best motor builder: I say just find who is the closest nationally famous motor builder visit them a few times let them get to know you then take your motor there. It would be nice if all you have to do is drive it there. Then if its within driving distance take your best ridding buddy with you like every weekend and keep on there *** to get your motor done. Calling them just gives them headaches not production on what you want. Just my 2cents.

L8r
Ben#416

02EXRider
06-13-2002, 01:38 PM
Since everyone else is stating their opinion I might as well state mine too. This sounds like BS to me too! I am a big Sparks fan but after seeing some Sparks vs TC last weekend all I can say is my motor will be going to TC this winter!!! X-Rider is pissed because he was caught lieing!!!!

06-13-2002, 02:14 PM
This threads gonna get uglier than a buck toothed, red headed, fat girl...just keep it clean guys,,or at least as clean as you can..but I'm thinkin it will be locked when I get back to work on monday..:devil

Long live the marcums 420 SS....:devil :devil

yellowrider
06-13-2002, 02:54 PM
i can not wait to get my 416 kit from my local dealer they make killer 416 kits they can smoke any tc 440 kits

if you want to get your motor done get it done right go to the honda place in etown!!!

ChadEXer
06-13-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by yellowrider
i can not wait to get my 416 kit from my local dealer they make killer 416 kits they can smoke any tc 440 kits

if you want to get your motor done get it done right go to the honda place in etown!!!
Your joking right?

ChadEXer
06-13-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by yellowrider

You forgot to turn the sarcasm on and off!!!

Evan
06-13-2002, 05:31 PM
Yep you guys are right I am full of crap, and I dont know what I am talking about:rolleyes:

[quote] originally posted by 02EXRider
Since everyone else is stating their opinion I might as well state mine too. This sounds like BS to me too! I am a big Sparks fan but after seeing some Sparks vs TC last weekend all I can say is my motor will be going to TC this winter!!! X-Rider is pissed because he was caught lieing!!!!

How do you say I was caught lying, were you there? Huh mr. knowit all, I can state my opion to, and your full of BS. Go with TC and run there lousy lectron carbs but dont be mad when a Sparks or some other motor comes strolling by you. LMAO

breaks-alot, I was not trying to be a dick to everyone, sorry if I sounded that way, I am just leting people know what happend, everyone else tells their stories of drag racing, why cant I, everyone practically on hear thinks Tom is a god or something, I am leting people out there know that there is more out there than TC, and better. Sparks may not be the best, but then why does he have such a rep for being good, maybe there are faster builders out there I am sure. Tom is a good deal for the money but the is not the best. Cheaper is not always better.

Chad youre a lousy SOB, say what you want about me I dont care, b/c

A FULL TC416EX STILL GOT BEAT BY A SLIGHTLY BUILT SPARKS 416 AND GUESS WHAT IT WAS MINE HAHAHAHAHA

06-13-2002, 05:51 PM
well, after thinkin, id rather hav a sparks motor, that is faster, less wait, and a tad more money, tahn the tc, anyway, who won the FSW??

trx400ex
06-13-2002, 06:05 PM
guys everyone knows i am the best engine builder out there, so stop arguin over these no namers

Evan
06-13-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
guys everyone knows i am the best engine builder out there, so stop arguin over these no namers

Your right, trx, I shouldnt be givin all the credit to sparks, its me that built my engine, not sparks, so i am better than TC not Sparks. I think I will build engines and call them EC engines.

ChadEXer
06-13-2002, 07:10 PM
Was the guy on the TC bike a special ed student??? Was it his first time to ride a quad??? That would explain everything!!! Maybe your just a better rider than him X-Rider but a local Sparks bike isnt going to beat a full TC motor. Get over it man it will be OK!!! Then again you said it was a 99 model and one of the first built be TC, maybe his bike wasnt running on all 1 cylinders!!!

ChadEXer
06-13-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by 440
well, after thinkin, id rather hav a sparks motor, that is faster, less wait, and a tad more money, tahn the tc, anyway, who won the FSW?? Come on 440, your a real cool guy but just becuse you see X-Rider come flying by on the short bus doesnt mean you have to jump on it with him!!! Sparks told me it would be Nov before he could have my motor back. That was in March so it was 9 MONTHS. yes TC told me 6 weeks but its almost been 4 months and Warriormans brothers motor took 6 months and Jimmy's(TC 490) only took 5 months. TC is not only cheaper and faster, but less wait,,,,now,,who would you have chose??? Sparks 505 was $3200-3400. TC $2800 including a pipe!!! Not only that Curtis told me "You will eventually have problems with this motor, we have been having problems with the cases cracking" sure I was anxious to get it right out the door to him!!! I asked TC about what Sparks said and TC said " thats because he dont know the right tricks"
X-Rider, why are you so mad?? What grade are you in??? Its gonna be OK just settle down!!

06-13-2002, 07:47 PM
well, im jus not gunna agree wit noone, because my 250r would whoop all of em!!! :D :D ;)

02EXRider
06-13-2002, 07:53 PM
Quote X-Rider how old are you?? What grade are you in??? Quote
LMFAO!!!
Thats just what I was thinking. I dont know though,,I have never seen kids get that offensive when their mad!!!! X-Rider needs to grow up! Stop arguing with him ChadEXer, you dont want to make yourself look as stupid as him do you??? What a joke!!!

yellowrider
06-13-2002, 08:31 PM
lol

chadexer i am on your side!! all the way i believe you

tc racing is awesome i seen a 440 by tc racing in muffordville and it was bad as **** and was beating other 440 like they were stoick

Dave400ex
06-13-2002, 08:35 PM
This is Nuts. You Guys are fighting over who is better. Does it really matter. X-Rider and ChadEXer are both cool. I don`t know why they are going Nuts. Nobody knows for sure what happened besides X-Rider. Sure I have a hard time seeing a Sparks little 416 beat the Full TC 416, but maybe it did, but I didn`t see it so I don`t know. I am Happy with TC and will be getting a Piston and Cam from him to go with my Pipe. I don`t care if a Sparks Piston, Cam, and Pipe are faster, good for them. That justs means I have to be a better Rider.

yellowrider
06-13-2002, 08:37 PM
lol chad i hope you know i was joking hey when are you going to send that kill switch to me l :rolleyes:

just kidden man take it easy

i know hwy people dont like you

cause they want to be in your shoes

and they cant

i wouldnt reply to nothing in this thread any longer if i was you chad take it easy and take care of your wife:devil

Evan
06-13-2002, 10:42 PM
Hey guess what guys? A 416EX built by EC with Sparks components still outran a full TC built TC 416EX.

FullBore52
06-13-2002, 11:14 PM
lol, i think its funny that you guys think all the big name builders are the best hands down...I would be glad to put my EX up against any of equal modification from sparks, TC, FST, TRINITY, LRD, or CT...they will see S A N D!

chris29
06-13-2002, 11:40 PM
Okay this theard is going no where you guys are just going to arguee forever, I suprised its gone on this long with out being closed. Everybody needs to just chill out.

ChadEXer
06-14-2002, 08:10 AM
Hey Yellowrider, Thanks Man!!!!!
Screemin Shee, I know your bike is fast and all but I would rather have a Sparks or TC or Trinity or FST or anybody else build my motor for $2800-3200 than have a local builder charge me over $4000 to do it like yours cost you!! Maybe your motor work is competitive with the big name guys, but I would rather pay less and go with the big name guys!!! Im not flaming you, again im just stating my opinion!!
OK Ive had enough of the games!!! You have to admit, its still fun to go out and play with the kids sometimes:D

Evan
06-14-2002, 02:17 PM
LOL Chad, I guess your a kidd to, your only 2 yrs older. I am ready to stop arguin, I like TC's work I just dont like how Tom treated me, and I dont like the lectron carbs. It doesnt really matter in a drag race to me anyway which one is faster, on the track they are very much the same, or close to it, since I have never ridden his. For the difference, I think the rider could make it up if he had to, or just try harder.

ChadEXer
06-14-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by X-Rider
LOL Chad, I guess your a kidd to, your only 2 yrs older. I am ready to stop arguin, I like TC's work I just dont like how Tom treated me, and I dont like the lectron carbs. It doesnt really matter in a drag race to me anyway which one is faster, on the track they are very much the same, or close to it, since I have never ridden his. For the difference, I think the rider could make it up if he had to, or just try harder.
Well I may be only 2 years older but I dont live with mommy and daddy! Matter of fact I have a 5 year old little girl and a 4 month old little boy! I just think its funny I see all your "TC or Sparks" posts,,,, then your saying you didnt go TC because the way he treated you and you dont like his "stupid" Lectron carbs,,,,,,the next thing we know you have a post saying you beat a TC bike.....Sounds like BS to me and everybody else too!!! How did Tom treat you??? He cant give you all the attention mommy and daddy does,,,he has a job to do!!!!! Then go ask Doug Gust and Greg Trew (Dana Creech too) how they win all the races running a "stupid" Lectron carb!!!

Sporttrax400ex
06-14-2002, 02:36 PM
My mechanic Roger from Buzzard racing gaurantees Buzzard Racing 416 kits will keep up with any other 416 kit and will last way longer and plus the price is four times better.If anyone wants to race and see I will race you.:devil

Evan
06-14-2002, 08:48 PM
BTW way Chad I meant to add, I wish you the best of luck with your motor and I just hope you have as much fun with it as I do mine. I am in it for fun not competition. Peace

Dave400ex
06-14-2002, 09:03 PM
Well about Time this Post is back under Control. I can`t Wait to get my Motor built by TC.

ChadEXer
06-15-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Well about Time this Post is back under Control. I can`t Wait to get my Motor built by TC.
I cant wait to get my motor back from TC! Im going to see if he will give me some kind of discount since I will be representing him at Four Stroke Wars this year!!! What do you think??!!!!!
X-Rider, Im sure I will have just as much fun as the next guy. Im in it for competition and fun,,I like both,,,and competition IS fun to me!! And i just love that feeling of being the fastest guy out there,,,even if im not I can still try to pretend:D

Dave400ex
06-15-2002, 05:12 PM
Well I don`t see Tom giving you a Discount, but I would give it a try if I were you.

ChadEXer
06-15-2002, 05:32 PM
Yeah i dont either but it is worth a try! Heck, for the price he give I cant really grip anyways!!!

beerock
06-15-2002, 05:47 PM
tc, sparks, tc sparks sparks tc!!!!!!!!

blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!

sparks won four stroke wars, tc was there.

sparks 505 ex beat all the raptors except for sparks raptor

tc had a raptor there..........

not sure if they had a 505ex there, I doubt it.

what would that tell you?

it would tell me that sparks whooped everybpdies *** including tc

but, I talked to my trusty engine builder(b+b) and they are building fully moded 440's for 1800 thats the whole kit and kaboodle. im sure theyll build a 465 and a 505 but b+b is concerend more with the reliability aspect of the motors.

I would think you could get a 440 to rev out more then a 505 because the piston is lighter.

if anyone wants B+b's number and woud like to try one of there fully modded 440's let me know............

by the way there were 2 sparks 250r's at wild wood and I beat all the r's off the line.(they had 8 banshees in my race :( )- I beat 4 of them in the holeshot........

I luv b+b anyone else care to test em out??????????

Tommy 17
06-15-2002, 09:07 PM
beerock j.w where is b&b located... just incase one of my friends ever wants motor work i can give them another option besides the guy that did mine... what all does the kit include... i am j.w for future plans...

beerock
06-16-2002, 10:54 AM
the whole nine yards, port job valve/spring job, bore job cam, I think that price comes with a white brothers header pipe and silencer. I think they also balance and bkue print the crank, not sure though.
that whit brothers exhaust and header is the nicest ive seen besides the dmc, its gotta be the most free flowing exhaust.

b+b talk to butch :302-836-2012

ChadEXer
06-16-2002, 11:03 AM
Hey Bee, I dont know who lied to you Bro but TC DID NOT have a bike at FSW. Just ask him 814-723-3514. Tom does the 440 kit for the same price(including a pipe). You can use b&b, I'll stick with TC!
This also shows you dont know $hit about FSW. Try to come in throwing your 2 cents around when you dont even have 2 cents. Sparks 505 didnt even run at FSW. The 465 is what beat everything except the Raptor. Sparks said they had problems with the 505 and didnt run it(He told me)!!! Just try to know what your talking about when you start talking!

NJ300ex
06-16-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
Hey Bee, I dont know who lied to you Bro but TC DID NOT have a bike at FSW. Just ask him 814-723-3514. Tom does the 440 kit for the same price(including a pipe). You can use b&b, I'll stick with TC!
This also shows you dont know $hit about FSW. Try to come in throwing your 2 cents around when you dont even have 2 cents. Sparks 505 didnt even run at FSW. The 465 is what beat everything except the Raptor. Sparks said they had problems with the 505 and didnt run it(He told me)!!! Just try to know what your talking about when you start talking!

Ok i didn't really want to get in this and i will not post again in here but chad you do realize you haven't even ridden a TC engine? You are saying all this stuff yet you don't even have experience with the engine in your own bike. Just shut up about it. YOU HAVE NO PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH A TC ENGINE SO STOP TALKING ABOUT THEM LIKE YOU DO. And stop talking about FSW like you were there.

If anyone should keep there 2 cents to themselves it is you.

ChadEXer
06-17-2002, 07:16 PM
Did I just see the short bus drive by again???? I was talking about FSW because I obviously know more about it than Beerock does.
Its funny, everything is finally worked out and cool in this thread and then the short bus comes along(late again, this time with Beerock and NJ300EX on it) and they try to start $hit again!!! Come on guys Special ED is the last door on the right!

trx400ex
06-17-2002, 07:26 PM
hey chad, do you know how much a full MX 440 engine kit form TC would be? pipe carb, everything? thanks

ChadEXer
06-17-2002, 08:19 PM
He will do the 440 with everything for around $1800!!

FullBore52
06-18-2002, 10:23 PM
the sparks 505 didnt run because they had jetting problems and sparks just threw in the 505 towel. Curtis himself said that the 505 will leave the 465 by about 10 quadlengths running up olds. The sparks 505 is higher than 14:1 comp in most cases, and thats why it wont last. I'm prepared for my EX not to last, because it runs on alcohol and its 13.5:1 compression. Do you expect a race motor to be a daily driver? If you do your living in a dream world. Going from 397cc to 505cc on an air-cooled low tech fourstroke isnt screaming reliability...but thats pretty obvious isnt it?

TC did NOT have a bike there. Simply put, Tom Carlson didnt have time. He didnt have an EX there, or a raptor. Whoever told you that a TC bike was at FSW was higher than a 747...

ChadEXer
06-19-2002, 08:37 AM
Higher than a 747:D I heard that!!!! Screemin is right,,,thats what Mickey at FST said why most builders are having problems with their big bores is because too high of compression. Mickey runs like a 10.8:1 in his 500's!!!! He has his 500s running on pump gas!!!! I was afraid that even the 12.5:1 that Tom is putting in my bike is a little too high but of course higher compression=more power!!! If it blows up ,,f_ck it,,,Ill fix it!!! If you wanna be the fastest guy out you kinda have to have that attitude!!!

Dave400ex
06-19-2002, 10:23 AM
Chad when the 505 goes you will just have to get a CRF450 Motor or a YZ450F motor for the 400. That would be Awesome.

ChadEXer
06-19-2002, 01:29 PM
Im thinking about putting NOS on the 505 along with alky and having it strictly a drag bike. Then getting me a R or even a CRF450(maybe mildly modded)for a play bike!

Nausty
06-21-2002, 12:34 AM
you mean cr450f hybrid quad or just the dirt bike?

ChadEXer
06-21-2002, 08:16 AM
A hybrid quad!!!

Dave400ex
06-21-2002, 10:30 AM
That would be Expensive to Build. You would have to start out with just the Frame.

ChadEXer
06-21-2002, 11:06 AM
Your right. I will probably just build me an R!

Dave400ex
06-21-2002, 07:31 PM
Well 250r`s are also Expensive. You could build one cheaper then a 450 though.

mrusk
06-21-2002, 07:49 PM
Hey guys, by the way it will cost the same price within 1000 dollors to build a full race R or a full race crf from the ground up. You may not realize this but you spend alot of money on a R motor. I figure u can find a R motor for about 800. Pipe/sil- 300 cr ignition - 450 carb 200 265 pv cylinder 1800, bottom end rebuild 400, if the tranny sucks baldwin gears 700.

Your up over 4k. You can by a crf for like 6200 i think. Once u sell the chasis for 2k u have 4k into the motor. See a crf aint much more money.

Only thing is that the Walsh 4 stroke frame is 400 more than the 250r frame.

matt

ChadEXer
06-22-2002, 04:02 PM
Matt, you say a 265 Powervalve is $1800,,arent they cheaper than that. my friend just put an LRD 350 Powervalve on his R for $1600. ESR's are right around $1600 too I believe!
I might really be getting me an R here pretty soon! I will probably put the 350PV on mine, not sure though!

mrusk
06-22-2002, 05:55 PM
The sparks pv is 1800. The baldwin is 1800. Yes the esr is around 1600 but they dont have all the bugs worked out of it yet. Half the ones they sold came back. 1600 for a LRD 350pv **** son check there site i am pretty sure its over 2k.

matt

ChadEXer
06-23-2002, 05:56 PM
Well he got his for $1600. He gets his at dealer cost because he is a mechanic at a dealership. I guess thats why he got it so cheap. I went to his house while he was putting it back together,,I cant wait to see that thing run!! He was afraid mine was going to be faster than his is why he got the PV!!

mrusk
06-23-2002, 07:46 PM
Chad too bad a pv doesnt really add speed. it just affects how the power comes out. It makes it easier to ride and more tractable power. I am sure someone else can explain alot better.

matt

jcv400ex
06-25-2002, 04:08 PM
I'm loving this post! Have more than 2 of you actually tore your engine down? THere's nothing too it! As long as you don't fudge anything up, they're all going to put out the same amount of power! Give or take a 1/2 a hp. Even with porting! Hetricks bored my cylinder and ported my head. I did the rest of the work. And my 425ex hauled some major @ss. Just ask Hetrick425, he's now the proud owner.

So it doesn't really matter who does the engine, it all comes down to rider..........

mxriderona400ex
06-26-2002, 09:33 AM
I saw that nacs 4000ex is 4-sale.How much do you want 4 it and what is all on it?
thx

my mods include,k&n air filter,160 main jet,LRD full exhaust,20x11x9 holeshots in the rear,23x7x10 on the front with .190 douglas rims,renthal bars,14 tooth front sprocket,dg nerfs and pro design kill switch.

up coming mods include works tripple rate front shocks,maier black plastic with racing cut front fenders.

Foxrage
06-29-2002, 08:12 PM
5000 OBO It has Maier Plastic DB nacs graphics and seat cover, Carbon fiber rims holeshot XC tires, Tag bars pep lever, ac bumper and Pro pegs, nacs block off, nacs bar clamp, barrnett clutches. only thing wront is the stem is bent. kandn filter and jet kit. About 2000 in stuff.

hetrick425ex
07-17-2002, 11:06 PM
yep i love it haha
most kits do not include porting and all a "kit" usually is is a Cam, Piston and Bore.... anyone can get the same thing as the next guy...in fact most small business's use the exact same products kinda funny when you think about it espically when people argure about it! like jim said unless you have some insane port job/carb stuff like that a 416 from one place will probably be very close to the same power as it is from another place...same goes with the 425...
Hey Jim... wanna see your old 400????? haha trust me its the same bike!

Nausty
07-18-2002, 12:24 AM
WOW!!! that is nice hetrick

jcv400ex
07-18-2002, 06:12 AM
Wow Casey! It's come ALONG way!! Looks damn good!

hetrick425ex
07-18-2002, 10:52 PM
thanks guys!