PDA

View Full Version : just bought an 400ex...and have some questions

drsleu23
09-02-2005, 09:23 PM
I just bought a used 2003 400 ex its in near mint condition. The only thing that is wrong is that the front suspension squeeks. I'm not sure if its the shocks or the front arms. I think they just need to be greased but i noticed that this quad does not have any grease fittings like the other quads that i've had. This did not come with a manual so my question is how do i grease the front end, is it possible to get some grease fittings,and could anybody help me out with the manual situation? Any imput would help thankyou

TheFontMaster
09-02-2005, 11:36 PM
For the manuals just go on ebay and find a Clymers, it will be about 25 bucks. To fix the squeaking just take the bolts for the shocks, and a arms out and grease them. It should stop the squeaking, and it is just good routene matinence. And I am pritty shure that you can not put grease fittings on stock a arms.

drsleu23
09-03-2005, 03:16 AM
thanks you've been a big help. I forgot to ask about the rear swing arm. How exactly do you grease that?

ZSK
09-03-2005, 07:35 AM
For the rear you will need to pull the pivot bolt out and grease it. Just like the fronts. You should be ok with a 2003 about getting it out, you'll want to grease it every 6 months otherwise it will become lodged into place. Either from bending slightly because it's hollow or rusting in place.

Sent you a PM about the manual.;)

TheFontMaster
09-03-2005, 09:59 AM
The swingarm while you have that off, you can add grease fittings to that. Try to find self tapping grease fittings, it will just make it that much easier.

drsleu23
09-03-2005, 04:56 PM
sweet!!!! thanks guys!!

jigador54
09-03-2005, 07:31 PM
im pretty sure you have no clue what your talking about. are you even riding a quad? or is it your thumb your riding on? you might want to check that out before you start putting in lube sockets

TheFontMaster
09-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by jigador54
im pretty sure you have no clue what your talking about. are you even riding a quad? or is it your thumb your riding on? you might want to check that out before you start putting in lube sockets

Was that directed at me?

Pappy
09-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by jigador54

:huh should i point out the fact that he was trying to say someone in this thread was a bigger moron then he is...or will the obvious suffice:confused:

maybe wilkin will get his first ban with this nut:chinese:

ZSK
09-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Sounds like someone didn't use lube in his sockets.:eek: