PDA

View Full Version : Oil Filters?

SmokeBanshee
09-02-2005, 07:11 PM
i change the oil and filter on my R often...this product( [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/READY-RACING-COMP-FLOW-OIL-FILTER-HONDA-TRX450R-450R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43977QQitemZ457177 1358QQrdZ1 would be a blessing...

anyone use it?

Whats the stock filter micron rating?

Mikesamillion
09-02-2005, 10:39 PM
i have one in my R. no complaints yet. im not sure what the filtration rate is on a stock paper filter but this is off ready racings website.

CompFlow is the world’s first affordable, stainless steel reusable oil filtration system. Constructed from Swiss made, precision stainless steel filter cloth, CompFlow will filter particles as small as 35 microns and is the best protection you can buy for your 4-stroke engine, end of story.

Today’s 4-strokes need lots of oil changes and CompFlow makes it simple and affordable. No more going to the store to buy oil filters, just rinse the filter with a little solvent or contact cleaner and pop it back in, quick and easy. One CompFlow filter will last the life of your bike, and provide protection that far exceeds standard paper oil filters.

Popular applications also include a super trick black anodized billet aluminum oil filter cover. Who says oil filters can’t be fun?

09-03-2005, 11:39 AM
i have been using those i nmy r since I got it and they work awesome. I buy them in bulk off ebay for like 5 of them for $18 shipped. good stuff, i think thats the sme company that makes the stock honda oil filters

Mikesamillion
09-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i have been using those i nmy r since I got it and they work awesome. I buy them in bulk off ebay for like 5 of them for $18 shipped. good stuff, i think thats the sme company that makes the stock honda oil filters

he is talking about a ready racing stainless steel mesh oil filter. they are washable and reusable.

also smoke your link doesnt work. dont pay more than 49 bucks for it.

09-03-2005, 07:21 PM
I also have been using the Hi-Flo oil filters. I buy them from ATVADDICTION off of ebay 10 for $35.00.